If you could eliminate any insect from the planet

I would vaporize all fruit flys. The tiny little bastards have a knack for finding my ears and eyes. # 2 mosquitoes. Worthless disease spreading parasites. Nuke em with DDT, I don't care about eagle eggs.

They did a study, it was in some farmers magazines I have read about some of the 80's propaganda. The DDT does not effect the eggs of eagles. They eagle was the poster bird for this campaign meant to eliminate the use of DDT because of it's symbol. However, the DDT was not the factor in thinning eggs. According to the study it was highly improbable that DDT would effect the shells, however, trace ammounts of the chemical could be found on the shells. Scientists belived this was spread by contact vs. contamination. The reason DDT was targeted was that naive people thought it mattered. In 3 to 4 years, mark my words, ground and stream water contimination through fertilizers will be a MAJOR topic. It is gaining more and more traction every day, and eventually they are going to force farms to remove all livestock from ground water sources with buffers of at least 35 feet. This is source verifying will destroy the last small farms in this country leaving everyone with $1.99 hamburger at walmart. Enjoy.

Mosquitos also serve as a major food source for many animals, sadly. So, the answer to this question is Nancy Grace, that insect, blood sucking beast needs to go.

They did a study, it was in some farmers magazines I have read about some of the 80's propaganda. The DDT does not effect the eggs of eagles. They eagle was the poster bird for this campaign meant to eliminate the use of DDT because of it's symbol. However, the DDT was not the factor in thinning eggs. According to the study it was highly improbable that DDT would effect the shells, however, trace ammounts of the chemical could be found on the shells. Scientists belived this was spread by contact vs. contamination. The reason DDT was targeted was that naive people thought it mattered. In 3 to 4 years, mark my words, ground and stream water contimination through fertilizers will be a MAJOR topic. It is gaining more and more traction every day, and eventually they are going to force farms to remove all livestock from ground water sources with buffers of at least 35 feet. This is source verifying will destroy the last small farms in this country leaving everyone with $1.99 hamburger at walmart. Enjoy.

Mosquitos also serve as a major food source for many animals, sadly. So, the answer to this question is Nancy Grace, that insect, blood sucking beast needs to go.

They've been trying to do something about that for quite some time. There's been multiple lawsuits filed over the years claiming all pesticides and fertilizers are pollutants. The end result is we now will have to file NPDES Permits to apply pesticides that may enter a "water of the US" which is being redefined from the original CWA definition to include pretty much any water any where. Long story short.... farmers have an extremely large and powerful lobbying group; hence, their applications are all exempt. Imagine that.. the largest applicators are exempt. So, although I completely agree that they'll try and force these regulations on farmers, I'll be surprised if they are ever successful. However, if I were you I'd definitely stay aware and make sure larger farms are aware.. to get all the lobbying power behind you.

A trick someone showed me about fruit flies. Take a little Apple Cider Vinegar, put it in a cup, put plastic wrap over the top (with rubber band), poke a few small holes in it, let it sit. The flies will be attracted to the vinegar, fly in, but not be able to get out. Might be worth a shot... cheap and easy at least.

I made a fruit fly trap recently with an inverted paper cone in the top of a jar with a couple rotting grapes inside. It worked great but then I had to keep opening the jar every couple days outside to release them.

I had another problem with giant black wolf spiders. One of them was so big when I shined my flashlight down the stairs, its eyes glowed back at me and I thought it was a mouse. So I started capturing them and putting them in a jar as well to watch them fight.

Then I had an epiphany and now I have one jar with rotting grapes and a wolf spider. The fruit flies get in and get eaten by the spider. I no longer h ave to let the fruit flies out outside. Plus its fun to watch.

:thumbsup:

There were these tiny little black bugs at the golf course I played at growing up. They'd take over each summer and you'd pretty much have a tiny black cloud hovering around you all day. I'd get rid of them. Now if only I knew what they were.

I don't know the real name but that sure sounds like what I call gnats. Unbelievably irritating, I believe they sense your breath as they always hover right in your face.

I don't know the real name but that sure sounds like what I call gnats. Unbelievably irritating, I believe they sense your breath as they always hover right in your face.

Commonly refered to as "the flying teeth."

Mosquitos without at doubt.

Fruit Flies are good for gentetic research.

DDT can be found in our fat cells even though it has not been sprayed for 40 years or so. That **** is no good and if anyone thinks it is you must be retarded

Yeah, that's what we've always called them. The thing that annoys me most other than the obvious black cloud constantly hovering around is when they land on the bottom side of the brim of my hat. I don't know why, but seeing that out of the corner of my eye is really irritating. It does wind up being a free kill, but that still leaves the other half million flying around.