Trent Williams Owns Demarcus Ware

Okay...gotta stop reducing him to a simple kick returner. He had 606 carries and 123 receptions while at Clemson. He's one of only a handful of players in the ACC to ever rush for 3000 yards and 1000 yards receiving.

Ok, so he wasnt just a kick returner in college, I'll give you that. But he's not in college anymore....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's referring to how the OP mentioned Demarcus Ware was "shut out" by Washington's Trent Williams in the Sunday Night game--- but the Redskins actually played Indianapolis on Sunday Night, and Demarcus Ware is a Cowboy. Ironically, when the Redskins played Dallas earlier this season, Demarcus Ware did, in fact, beat Trent Williams for a sack. NaPolian's just pointing out this little bit of out to the OP, is all, because he was essentially incorrect in everything he posted.

Glad someone got it :thumbsup:

LOL!!! How did that work out?

Ya know Bill I can recall you having a big problem with the Spiller pick at #9, stating he was a ploy to sell tickets. I wasn't against the Spiller Pick and thought he could really help the offense if given 15 touches a game, but he isn't getting anywhere near that amout and the bills just don't want to utilize him much.

Now that I reflect on that a bit I can see your point as this next draft the Bills will take a QB basically to sell tickets and put fans in the seats for another 2-3 years while they wait to see if he develops.

To the OP point, yea Williams is a stud and did very well against Ware when the Skins played the Boys, considering he is a rookie going up against one of the best pass rushers out there. I can remember some idiots posting here stating the guy couldn't play and would stink . Anyway the Bills screwed themselves with the Spiller pick when they needed to upgrade the O line in so many areas. They could have traded back and gotten Center Pouncey, or simply taken Anthony Davis who would be better for the Bills at RT then Cornell Green ever will be.

Ya know Bill I can recall you having a big problem with the Spiller pick at #9, stating he was a ploy to sell tickets. I wasn't against the Spiller Pick and thought he could really help the offense if given 15 touches a game, but he isn't getting anywhere near that amout and the bills just don't want to utilize him much.

Now that I reflect on that a bit I can see your point as this next draft the Bills will take a QB basically to sell tickets and put fans in the seats for another 2-3 years while they wait to see if he develops.

The silver lining is that 2011 might be a great year to select a QB. Mallett is my particular choice, but the bulk of the remaining resources really should be devoted to blockers, LBs, and a receiver.

Is Jeremy Trueblood a ufa? If he is, they should offer him 60 million or so to play RT. That would be a solid addition and a great start. Additionally, I hope they unload a veteran or 2, even if the can only get 4th or 5th round picks. Many of them have been around too long and have never won anything.

The Bills CAN be rebuilt imo. Bills management making sound football decisions is the issue.

LOL!!! How did that work out?

The jury is still out bill

Lets keep in mind here that the kid came in behind some decent DB's....then got hurt....and now is out there and it looks like he is making plays to me.

I do understand the train of thought here.....1st round picks should be playing immediately and producing. But the OP said he had "never seen it" when it fact he has.

What is somewhat comforting in all of this is that Nix clearly wanted Williams though he knew he'd be gone at # 9. I think I recall talk of the Bills trying to cut a deal to have a shot. This means that Nix & Co were quite prepared to draft an OLineman (for those who criticize him for not doing so with early pics)and that he was spot on in his evaluation of Williams. It also means that he correctly assessed Davis as a leftover and passed.