Tyrod Taylor

Chris Hodge

I've watched enough VT games this year to know that I would love it if this guy was in a Bills uniform. He plays hard, is pretty elusive when being rushed, and can make some very deep throws. His accuracy isn't as bad as people say, and he is very quick. He isn't the typical pocket passer, but Vick has proven that it isn't always necessary. I'm not saying take him in the first 3 rounds, but if he was available in the 4th or later (which is almost a definite), why wouldn't the Bills take him?

Why not? What is bad about him?

Don't know much about him, but from your description he is a project likely at least 3 years away from having an opportunity to play. The Bills are not in a position to use draft picks on projects. Therefore your scenario would have to have them still using a high pick on a QB to start or continue going forward with Fitz hoping this guy pans out in a few years, which is a waste of resources and time. Teams that have veteran developed QBs and not many holes can use valuable picks on projects a la Troy Smith or Dennis Dixon with Baltimore or Pittsburgh. Not the Bills as they currently are.

Don't know much about him, but from your description he is a project likely at least 3 years away from having an opportunity to play. The Bills are not in a position to use draft picks on projects. Therefore your scenario would have to have them still using a high pick on a QB to start or continue going forward with Fitz hoping this guy pans out in a few years, which is a waste of resources and time. Teams that have veteran developed QBs and not many holes can use valuable picks on projects a la Troy Smith or Dennis Dixon with Baltimore or Pittsburgh. Not the Bills as they currently are.

What this person wrote.

Look dude, if we are going to take a QB in this year's draft, it damn well better be someone who can come in pretty much right away and be "the guy." We have too many holes to fill via the draft, and we already have a decent backup in Fitz; therefore we certainly will not be selecting 2 quarterbacks. Guys like Tyrod Taylor and Terrell Pryor are talented athletes, but do not have great success as QB's in the NFL. I know, I know, Mike Vick Bla Bla Bla...

We need a strong armed, accurate, quarterback who possesses good pocket presence, leadership, and can scramble a little bit if needed. We do not need an experimental, hybrid QB/WR who can run all over the field, but cannot throw a good ball in the harsh buffalo weather. If we are not able to draft Luck or Mallett with our first pick, I would much rather have a guy like that Devlin kid from Delaware in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I've watched enough VT games this year to know that I would love it if this guy was in a Bills uniform. He plays hard, is pretty elusive when being rushed, and can make some very deep throws. His accuracy isn't as bad as people say, and he is very quick. He isn't the typical pocket passer, but Vick has proven that it isn't always necessary. I'm not saying take him in the first 3 rounds, but if he was available in the 4th or later (which is almost a definite), why wouldn't the Bills take him?

OMG, you've gotta be kidding me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No on Newton. No on Pryor. No on Taylor. No on any QB that can't throw the friggin ball.

How about a real QB? A guy that actually knows how to throw the football. A guy that is under center. Just once. No projects.

Edited by Lv-Bills

These are all statements coming from people who obviously haven't watched him play. He can throw the ball and throw it well. He isn't Peyton Manning accurate, but seriously, how many people are? The guy goes out there and makes plays. We have a terrible line, and he does well with incoming penetration. I seriously don't see how anyone can knock on him. I'm not saying the Bills set their sights on him and him only. I'd rather have Luck any day. And as for the guy saying I wanted to waste a high pick on him? In a 7 round draft, 4th round falls in the middle. I wouldn't consider it to be a high pick. We do have 2 4th round picks now. Chances are he will go undrafted because people don't look at him as an elite prospect.

All I'm saying is that if he is available LATE in the draft, I'd go for him any day.

These are all statements coming from people who obviously haven't watched him play. He can throw the ball and throw it well. He isn't Peyton Manning accurate, but seriously, how many people are? The guy goes out there and makes plays. We have a terrible line, and he does well with incoming penetration. I seriously don't see how anyone can knock on him. I'm not saying the Bills set their sights on him and him only. I'd rather have Luck any day. And as for the guy saying I wanted to waste a high pick on him? In a 7 round draft, 4th round falls in the middle. I wouldn't consider it to be a high pick. We do have 2 4th round picks now. Chances are he will go undrafted because people don't look at him as an elite prospect.

All I'm saying is that if he is available LATE in the draft, I'd go for him any day.

I live in Virginia. How'd he look against 1-AA James Madison???

NO. Not a chance.

I live in Virginia. How'd he look against 1-AA James Madison???

NO. Not a chance.

You're right. Lets judge a college career on one game. He threw for 124 yards. Rushed for another 86. Never ever going to amount to a hill of beans. You guys are ridiculous. Let's listen to who Mel Kiper picks as the best quarterbacks. He is the "expert".

You're right. Lets judge a college career on one game. He threw for 124 yards. Rushed for another 86. Never ever going to amount to a hill of beans. You guys are ridiculous. Let's listen to who Mel Kiper picks as the best quarterbacks. He is the "expert".

You're right, what could I be thinking. Just what the Bills need, another RB on the team.

How about this:

Lost to 1-AA James Madison - 10-16 - 124

8-16 vs. East Carolina

12-24 vs. NC State

13-23 vs. Central Michigan

What the hell could I be thinking here? Look at those numbers against those powerhouse schools. WE NEED A REAL QUARTERBACK. Hell, Taylor is like 1/4 as good as Seneca Wallace.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

And by the way, I could care less for how many he rushes for. In the NFL, that's what RB's are for. We need a QB.

Edited by Lv-Bills

What this person wrote.

Look dude, if we are going to take a QB in this year's draft, it damn well better be someone who can come in pretty much right away and be "the guy." We have too many holes to fill via the draft, and we already have a decent backup in Fitz; therefore we certainly will not be selecting 2 quarterbacks. Guys like Tyrod Taylor and Terrell Pryor are talented athletes, but do not have great success as QB's in the NFL. I know, I know, Mike Vick Bla Bla Bla...

We need a strong armed, accurate, quarterback who possesses good pocket presence, leadership, and can scramble a little bit if needed. We do not need an experimental, hybrid QB/WR who can run all over the field, but cannot throw a good ball in the harsh buffalo weather. If we are not able to draft Luck or Mallett with our first pick, I would much rather have a guy like that Devlin kid from Delaware in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Haha, thanks for translating.

I've watched Tyrod for a few years here in ACC land. The guy is complete garbage. He can't hit the broad side of a barn with his passes. He's like pryor, denard robinson, etc, in that they are amazing athletes, but none can read a defense and all of them are terribly inaccurate.