KELLY SAYS IT ALL

vegas55

about our "hall of fame" owner and his commitment to winning. Quote = "Matter of fact, I cried the day I was drafted by Buffalo. Well, I didn't cry. I had tears in my eyes. Let's get that straight. No, I didn't want to go. I didn't think Ralph Wilson was going to bring in the people it took to build a championship team there. So, I went to the USFL for two year"

Things have not changed much in 30 years. The worst part is the posters on this very board who whined about Ralph not being elected to the Hall. It is a disgrace to the Hall of Fame that this guy, who has mismanaged this franchise so badly, and for so long, while making an obscene amount of money for his trouble, was eventually elected into the Hall of Fame, which is supposed to recognize excellence.

about our "hall of fame" owner and his commitment to winning. Quote = "Matter of fact, I cried the day I was drafted by Buffalo. Well, I didn't cry. I had tears in my eyes. Let's get that straight. No, I didn't want to go. I didn't think Ralph Wilson was going to bring in the people it took to build a championship team there. So, I went to the USFL for two year"

Things have not changed much in 30 years. The worst part is the posters on this very board who whined about Ralph not being elected to the Hall. It is a disgrace to the Hall of Fame that this guy, who has mismanaged this franchise so badly, and for so long, while making an obscene amount of money for his trouble, was eventually elected into the Hall of Fame, which is supposed to recognize excellence.

Elected to the Hall more for his contributions to the game of football, which included the beginnings of the AFL, less for his ownership of the Bills.

If Kelly is really a changed person, he should apologize to the citizens of western NY for losing four Superbowls and being drunk through all of them.

Jim Kelly suffered the tortures of the damned with what happened to his son. I can forgive anything he may of done wrong as a player because,, my god, did he endure something awful with total grace and dignity.

I liked the part where he was asked why western Pennsylvania has produced so many great QB (Unitas, Montana, Marino) and he said

"It's the Iron City beer our mothers and fathers were drinking when they conceived us"

(he followed up with ". ... To be honest, it's the work ethic that was instilled in us by our parents." )

I wonder where S. Cali falls short.... is it the surfin' and sunnin' that isn't conducive to work ethic?

Or is it the lack of Iron City beer?

Jim Kelly suffered the tortures of the damned with what happened to his son. I can forgive anything he may of done wrong as a player because,, my god, did he endure something awful with total grace and dignity.

This keeps things in perspective. Football is, after all, just a game. Most of our lives would not be that much different if the Bills record was reversed, though it would make Sunday afternoons a bit more fun.

This keeps things in perspective. Football is, after all, just a game. Most of our lives would not be that much different if the Bills record was reversed, though it would make Sunday afternoons a bit more fun.

The giant bottle of BBQ sauce will be delivered to your house before noon EST.

The charcoal pit will be lit on your front lawn at 2 pm sharp.

Prepare to be trussed and roasted for suggesting that Football is, after all, just a game

Yeah, I was drunk last night like you are tonight.

Well I guess you were drunk the previous night, and just flat out stupid every other night. Those are Kelly's words describing Wilson's lack of commitment to winning, not mine. Did you have an argument with that, or do you just suffer from a very low IQ

If Kelly is really a changed person, he should apologize to the citizens of western NY for losing four Superbowls and being drunk through all of them.

Better yet, you need to kiss his ass. No Kelly = No superbowls. He was THE leader lf that team. this team turned around when he got here.

The giant bottle of BBQ sauce will be delivered to your house before noon EST.

The charcoal pit will be lit on your front lawn at 2 pm sharp.

Prepare to be trussed and roasted for suggesting that Football is, after all, just a game

The timing works out well as I am (really) hosting a clam bake today...since no Bills game=no tail gate thought I would leave myself Sunday to recover and show up clear headed to work on Monday for a change. One question...we're still in daylight savings time, was the EST a typo?

Nice twist here. Kelly actually says a great many positive things about Ralph, but the poster decides to spin it to fit his negative agenda. A particularly creative version of Bills' fan self abuse. Kudos to you, drunk, depressed self-abuser!

Well said. From Vegas55's post, I can only assume the Team of the 90's just happened by accident. And before that, the 64 & 65 AFL championship team's. Not saying the Bills haven't had their moments, throughout their history, but there have been many good times as well.

Edited by Tarkus II

but Jimbo was wrong and Ralph spent the money didnt he? so you totally contridict yourself.

Truly, in a struggling city - it can be far more then a game. I moved to new Orleans pre-katrina and have watched just how much a winning team can do for a city. From taxes and tourism to smiles on Sunday nights (and through the week). Money flows into a city and people are enjoying life. Its more then just a game sometimes.

The timing works out well as I am (really) hosting a clam bake today...since no Bills game=no tail gate thought I would leave myself Sunday to recover and show up clear headed to work on Monday for a change. One question...we're still in daylight savings time, was the EST a typo?

Yep, unsuccessful time zone adjustment. Could you save me some clams?

Well I guess you were drunk the previous night, and just flat out stupid every other night. Those are Kelly's words describing Wilson's lack of commitment to winning, not mine. Did you have an argument with that, or do you just suffer from a very low IQ

*sigh* I don't know why I'm bothering....

Those are Kelly's words describing his feelings on learning he had been drafted by Buffalo, that drove him to sign with the USFL

Ralph successfully built a championship team around Kelly that put Jimbo in the Hall of Fame and Kelly is on the record many times

speaking very positively of Ralph Wilson and Wilson's commitment to the Bills.

The crack about low IQ is ironic from someone who evidently can't seem to distinguish between a description of how someone felt at a specific time in their life (Kelly on draft day), vs. their opinion on a general topic (Wilson's commitment to winning). It's sorta like arguing a mother who cried on the day she learned she was preggers really hates her kid, no matter how much evidence there is to the contrary.