Andrew Luck question

95altima12

This is meant to be a thread saying we should not draft Luck or your dumb if we think he is the answer blah blah blah... I don't keep up with Colelge football much at all def a die heart Bills fan though. I was comparing the QB's coming out next year (yes i read about how Luck prob wont enter the draft) and I only see one year prior to this year of stats for him? So my question is do we really want a QB that's only played 2 years in college to be our guy? Am I missing something or is it normal for QB's to only play 2 years I though most all atleast played 3 and sometime 4 years befor being drafted. Thanks

Edited by 95altima12

Please do us and yourself a favor....never post another thread ever again please....that was horrible...thanks

Really dont have time to go back through the post and correct things... at work... i am guessing you are talking about mistakes in the post... regardless I am sure you can understand my question... also this is comming from someone that has less posts than me... seriority overrules... just answer the question jackass :thumbsup:

He's a redshirt sophomore, so he's only played 2 years but been out of school for 3. NFL rules state you need to be 3 years removed from high school to declare for the NFL.

Thank you for answering the question!

So what did he do his first year out of HS? did he sit a year before he went to Stanford?

Either way we are still looking at a QB that will be coming off only his second year of college play right? I just kinda personally would rather grab someone that has a little mroe experiance under his belt... just looking for some opoins on the matter.

Thanks gain!

Really dont have time to go back through the post and correct things... at work... i am guessing you are talking about mistakes in the post... regardless I am sure you can understand my question... also this is comming from someone that has less posts than me... seriority overrules... just answer the question jackass :thumbsup:

Thank you for answering the question!

So what did he do his first year out of HS? did he sit a year before he went to Stanford?

Either way we are still looking at a QB that will be coming off only his second year of college play right? I just kinda personally would rather grab someone that has a little mroe experiance under his belt... just looking for some opoins on the matter.

Thanks gain!

He redshirted at Stanford, so he practiced etc, but couldn't play because of his redshirt. So really no different than him being a backup on the team.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Thanks gain!

Judging from comments made by Nix when he was hired, I think that's pretty much the way he rolls too. I don't mean to say we won't draft Luck, but I think Buddy prefers players with more playing experiance under their belt.

Really dont have time to go back through the post and correct things... at work... i am guessing you are talking about mistakes in the post... regardless I am sure you can understand my question... 1. also this is comming from someone that has less posts than me... 2. seriority overrules... just answer the question jackass :thumbsup:

1. The number of posts one has does not determine one's level of football intelligence. You must not have been here for the SKOOBY era.

2. Can you explain to me "seriority"?

1. The number of posts one has does not determine one's level of football intelligence. You must not have been here for the SKOOBY era.

2. Can you explain to me "seriority"?

I don' t think there was any question about football intelligence... I think I asked a question... and I beleive I also mentioned I don't watch college football and that is why i didn't understand how a QB of just one year going into his second year starting would be on the top of people's draft boards. It was a question not a statement.

He's a redshirt sophomore, so he's only played 2 years but been out of school for 3. NFL rules state you need to be 3 years removed from high school to declare for the NFL.

Just a slight correction - he's playing his second year of college ball this season. (Don't want to 'split hairs', but he'll have played 2 years when this season is over.)

Edited by The Senator

I don' t think there was any question about football intelligence... I think I asked a question... and I beleive I also mentioned I don't watch college football and that is why i didn't understand how a QB of just one year going into his second year starting would be on the top of people's draft boards. It was a question not a statement.

I get you were asking a question. and people were pretty rude to you. But I think the issue people had was that you also asked another question that was "do we really want someone that has only played two years of college ball." That was a silly question, because most players are redshirted their first year. And then a lot of players enter the draft as a junior. So a lot of them do have only 2 years of actual playing time.

And as for QBs, I could be wrong, but I think that Jake Locker is the only Senior QB that is 1st round worthy (and I am not sure if he even played as a freshman). All the others are juniors. So if you are going to dismiss players who have only played 2 years, then you are dismissing a huge portion of the draft pool, which is just silly.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I get you were asking a question. and people were pretty rude to you. But I think the issue people had was that you also asked another question that was "do we really want someone that has only played two years of college ball." That was a silly question, because most players are redshirted their first year. And then a lot of players enter the draft as a junior. So a lot of them do have only 2 years of actual playing time.

And as for QBs, I could be wrong, but I think that Jake Locker is the only Senior QB that is 1st round worthy (and I am not sure if he even played as a freshman). All the others are juniors. So if you are going to dismiss players who have only played 2 years, then you are dismissing a huge portion of the draft pool, which is just silly.

I would argue that starting NFL QBs with only 2 years of college playing experience are rare - and Buddy Nix won't draft one. (Not that in matters in Luck's situation, since he's staying in school.)

And (JMO now) you are wrong about Jake Locker, not in that he's the "only senior" but in that he's "first round worthy" - Locker will still be available in the second round, probably even the third.