Dumb Stroud Article

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article220217.ece

valuable resources devoted to marcus stroud's fashion sense and sense of humor. is he a sensitive lover as well? is there anyone who cares about football who is interested in this tripe? is the news really that slow? is tomorrow's article going to be about who collects stamps and appreciates fine wine?

if there is nothing to write about in regard to the bills, then write about some local dart league, the UB Bulls, or any damn thing other than marcus stroud's wit. how about an analysis of his play this season?

valuable resources devoted to marcus stroud's fashion sense and sense of humor. is he a sensitive lover as well? is there anyone who cares about football who is interested in this tripe? is the news really that slow? is tomorrow's article going to be about who collects stamps and appreciates fine wine?

if there is nothing to write about in regard to the bills, then write about some local dart league, the UB Bulls, or any damn thing other than marcus stroud's wit. how about an analysis of his play this season?

Everything is more fun when you win...

At the same time stuff like this can really irritate Fans when you're losing...Especially when you have not won a game yet...Yet more enjoyment to be shared from the fact that the Bills flat out suck... B-)

Everything is more fun when you win...

At the same time stuff like this can really irritate Fans when you're losing...Especially when you have not won a game yet...Yet more enjoyment to be shared from the fact that the Bills flat out suck... B-)

you're right. it is much more irritating because they are absolutely clueless on defense. a couple decades or so ago it was okay to have a story about dr. sack's shoes or musical tastes. we were winning and stories about colorful but mediocre defensive ends were fine.

jarius bloody byrd should not be waxing on about stroud's color coordination. he should either be watching film, catching ball from a jugs machine, or being whipped by angry chimay monks for looking like a clown most of the year.

Did you ever try to think of something from a journalist's perspective? Or do you think that journalists just sit down at their computers and write stream of consciousness drivel, like you do when posting at OBD???

Jesus, man, give Mark Gaughan a break. It's not easy to cover this team week in and week out; he can't write negative stuff four times a week. He has the license to take a light-hearted perspective once in a while.

Jerry Sullivan writes negative stuff every week, people complain. Mark Gaughan writes something positive and light-hearted, people complain.

I liked the article. What I don't like is your pointless cynicism...

Hey, when writing a postitve article about Marcus Stroud, I would also focus on sense of humor and wardrobe. If he gets an extension, I'm cancelling all of my season tix. I can't watch him walk backwards anymore.

Did you ever try to think of something from a journalist's perspective? Or do you think that journalists just sit down at their computers and write stream of consciousness drivel, like you do when posting at OBD???

Jesus, man, give Mark Gaughan a break. It's not easy to cover this team week in and week out; he can't write negative stuff four times a week. He has the license to take a light-hearted perspective once in a while.

Jerry Sullivan writes negative stuff every week, people complain. Mark Gaughan writes something positive and light-hearted, people complain.

I liked the article. What I don't like is your pointless cynicism...

a more thoughtful reply would go like this: there is something between a garbage fluff piece like this that nobody with any semblance of a life should find interesting and knee-jerk negativity (jerry sullivan). just like there is plenty of room between the yahoo OMG page or whatever it's called and andy rooney.

if you think this is a fine example of journalism, then i reckon you're a person easily dismissed. hence my first reply. i'd further reckon that gaughan's piece would be part of any proposal to cut staff at a newspaper.

Edited by billsintaiwan

Nothing wrong with this. Geez, you're touchy.