Thurman Thomas Show

I was listening to the Thurman Thomas show today on GR and he came up with the point that maybe it is time again that he Jim, Tasker, Bruce and Talley go out during the offseason and try to convinve FA players to come play in Buaffalo.

I am all for this idea but one thing disturbed me. It sounded as if maybe they have tried to talk to Ralph before about this, but Ralph would have no part of it.Thurman stated Ralph never was keen on the idea to hire former players. I'm not sure if any one else heard this (i was not listening to closely, my boss made me work today :thumbdown: ) If anyone else heard it did you get that sense too?

If that is the case I would not understand not trying to use some very good assets to help make this team/town more appealing to players?

On a random side not, I think we( or at least I do) need Ralph to step to the podium and answer some questions and take some of the Blame as the owner. Not so well how that would go over since the man is 93 years old. :unsure:

So what say you fellow Bills fans, Should we be using Jim, Thurman, Tasker, Bruce, Talley and others as basically recruiters for this team?

Edited by CountDorkula

I was listening to the Thurman Thomas show today on GR and he came up with the point that maybe it is time again that he Jim, Tasker, Bruce and Talley go out during the offseason and try to convinve FA players to come play in Buaffalo.

I am all for this idea but one thing disturbed me. It sounded as if maybe they have tried to talk to Ralph before about this, but Ralph would have no part of it.Thurman stated Ralph never was keen on the idea to hire former players. I'm not sure if any one else heard this (i was not listening to closely, my boss made me work today :thumbdown: ) If anyone else heard it did you get that sense too?

If that is the case I would not understand not trying to use some very good assets to help make this team/town more appealing to players?

On a random side not, I think we( or at least I do) need Ralph to step to the podium and answer some questions and take some of the Blame as the owner. Not so well how that would go over since the man is 93 years old. :unsure:

So what say you fellow Bills fans, Should we be using Jim, Thurman, Tasker, Bruce, Talley and others as basically recruiters for this team?

won't do any good. the bills will have to pay significantly more for upper talent free agents than just about anybody given the widely known sorry state of the franchise, the feeble, meddling owner and the uncertain future of the team. what could they possibly say that would help? how could they honestly say anything good?

He might not be capable. That is the reason I hate when some here make fun of him because of his age. I'm guessing he can't do much of anything anymore.

He might not be capable. That is the reason I hate when some here make fun of him because of his age. I'm guessing he can't do much of anything anymore.

Which is why i said not sure how good of a thing that would be. I think i am just getting very impatient, adn i just want for once for a player or a coach or anyone in the Org to come out and say this is what is going on.

Agreed I think its just false hope on Jimbos side to keep people buying tickets

I'm not saying it's not completely true... it's just that former players are available for any kind of "assistance" and they get turned away continuously. So, to me it's a major stretch of the imagination that Kelly has some secret group to save the day.

I like the idea...ten years ago.

I just dont think today's primadonnas give a **** what some guys who lost 4 Super Bowls in a row have to say about the city of Buffalo!

Nothing earth-shattering or unconventional about that - I think the Bills and most teams use former (and current) players to recruit FA's all the time - particularly if that player has a relationship with the FA from college or another NFL team.