Good streak going past three weeks, why stop now?

Well Trent went bye bye and we got a bit better at QB. Lynch gets traded and I would say Fred Jackson performed admirably when Gailey called his number. The results are better but we still can't win. The reason is there are still bad players playing on this team. We need to purge these players each week till this team stops committing penaties and starts playing winning football. My first choice this week would be to cut Green. I don't care who goes in there, this guy has a history of committing penalties. My next choice would be to trade Whitner for a player or draft pick. George Wilson is a much better player. I think both of these moves would address a change that should be significant enough to see change in the offense and defense. If we still don't show up for Baltimore than keep making changes. We have DT and LB's that need to be accountable, might look to see if there is any interest out there in Maybin. Some teams could be OK with a project. This season is gone and we need to see which players are worth keeping. Get rid of those players we know can't help us in the future now.

:bag:

Edited by USABuffaloFan

ill be honest I agree with all of your points except whitner. Im sorry but everyone needs to get over the fact that we took him too early. That being said week in and week out he is incredibly solid and although he cant cover tight ends. He is like a 5th LB out there and we would be letting up 400yds on the ground if not for him. As for everyone else, maybin included get him the !@#$ outta here hes vernon gholston jr. also we need to try and trade lee while we can still get value with him

Well Trent went bye bye and we got a bit better at QB. Lynch gets traded and I would say Fred Jackson performed admirably when Gailey called his number. The results are better but we still can't win. The reason is there are still bad players playing on this team. We need to purge these players each week till this team stops committing penaties and starts playing winning football. My first choice this week would be to cut Green. I don't care who goes in there, this guy has a history of committing penalties. My next choice would be to trade Whitner for a player or draft pick. George Wilson is a much better player. I think both of these moves would address a change that should be significant enough to see change in the offense and defense. If we still don't show up for Baltimore than keep making changes. We have DT and LB's that need to be accountable, might look to see if there is any interest out there in Maybin. Some teams could be OK with a project. This season is gone and we need to see which players are worth keeping. Get rid of those players we know can't help us in the future now.

:bag:

I honesty believe this team will never really get much better because they don't seem to have a clue re: O-linemen.

How many players, and free agents, and draft choices do these guys miss on year after year? Who signs off on a Green?

Really. Who scouted him, who else said "yes" and who signed the paperwork for a guy like this? Cut that guy too. IMO.

ill be honest I agree with all of your points except whitner. Im sorry but everyone needs to get over the fact that we took him too early. That being said week in and week out he is incredibly solid and although he cant cover tight ends. He is like a 5th LB out there and we would be letting up 400yds on the ground if not for him. As for everyone else, maybin included get him the !@#$ outta here hes vernon gholston jr. also we need to try and trade lee while we can still get value with him

Can't trade Evans, who do we throw to now and in the future, another James Hardy draft pick. Evans is not the problem and the draft pick is worthless because you have no replacement now and would need to use that pick to replace him. Would that player be better than Evans, doubtful. Did you see the play to Evans today, you can't replace that easily. Whitner is good but not great, tradeable, we have extra safeties and DB's we could convert. Replace him and get a pick in the future to use for a O-line man, LB or TE. Think we could get a 3rd to 4th rounder for him.

I honesty believe this team will never really get much better because they don't seem to have a clue re: O-linemen.

How many players, and free agents, and draft choices do these guys miss on year after year? Who signs off on a Green?

Really. Who scouted him, who else said "yes" and who signed the paperwork for a guy like this? Cut that guy too. IMO.

I completely forgot about this side and the answer to who's been responsible for most drafts since Butler left would be Tom Modrak.

Yes he needs to be fired tomorrow. That would be my first move, he can take Green with him.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

George Edwards.

Once again the Defense appeared completely clueless and out of place. Once again, the Bills were running well and decided to not run the ball anymore. At some point the low rent coaching staff has to step up and be faulted.

So, I agree. Cut Edwards and make Gailey hire a real OC.

Can't trade Evans, who do we throw to now and in the future, another James Hardy draft pick. Evans is not the problem and the draft pick is worthless because you have no replacement now and would need to use that pick to replace him. Would that player be better than Evans, doubtful. Did you see the play to Evans today, you can't replace that easily. Whitner is good but not great, tradeable, we have extra safeties and DB's we could convert. Replace him and get a pick in the future to use for a O-line man, LB or TE. Think we could get a 3rd to 4th rounder for him.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree...if Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall and Anquan Boldin can get traded, Lee Evans can get traded. Even Wes Welker and Roy Williams had put up equal numbers to what Evans has done, prior to them being traded.

What good is he doing for us right NOW? As far as I am concerned, Evans is as good as a draft pick right now...we would actually be getting MORE value in the draft pick, since we are building for the future. As far as I am concerned, for the Buffalo Bills, RIGHT NOW...the ONLY players who are NOT replaceable, are "playmakers." And...we unfortunately do not have many, if any of those. When I say "playmaker" I am speaking of somebody who can break open a game, so maybe "Game Changer" is a better term.

Based on what I think of the potential of these players, not their play this year...I would "franchise" the following:

*Brian Brown OR Levi Brown - 1 or the other, develop that player to see if you at least have a "career backup."

*Fred Jackson - Great leader/mentor...UNLESS he could fetch something equal to/better than Lynch.

*Corey McIntyre - Good leader and special teams ace...adds intensity needed for this team!

*Roscoe Parrish - I think he is worth more than what we could get for him.

*Shawn Nelson - Has the talent to become a receiving threat.

*Wood/Levitre/Bell/Urbik/Wrotto - There has to be at least 2-3 capable starters out of that group. (plus Wang/Howard)

*Spiller/Nelson/Easley/Roosevelt/Wang/Howard/Carrington/Troup/Batten/Moats/Coleman/Harris - Rookies...No need to explain.

*Dwan Edwards - "Grew up" in a model franchise, could become great leader and player.

*Kyle Williams - Could make great bookend/leader duo with Edwards if a nose tackle comes around.

*Paul Posluszny - He is a great leader and solid player...and could be better with a pass-rush and d-line.

*Leodis McKelvin - Could become a very good cornerback.

*Jairus Byrd - Sophomore slump...he is a very talented free safety, he will rebound.

*Donte Whitner - He is a great leader, a good player...and with Byrd could form a dominant duo.

*Moorman and Lindell are givens...but will need to eventually be replaced.

**I would keep Maybin and continue to develop him...put some weight on him and don't give up hope yet.

See what you can get for anyone and everyone else...and let's build this thing for the future!

Edited by Wilson from Gamehendge

I'm sorry but I have to disagree...if Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall and Anquan Boldin can get traded, Lee Evans can get traded. Even Wes Welker and Roy Williams had put up equal numbers to what Evans has done, prior to them being traded.

What good is he doing for us right NOW? As far as I am concerned, Evans is as good as a draft pick right now...we would actually be getting MORE value in the draft pick, since we are building for the future. As far as I am concerned, for the Buffalo Bills, RIGHT NOW...the ONLY players who are NOT replaceable, are "playmakers." And...we unfortunately do not have many, if any of those. When I say "playmaker" I am speaking of somebody who can break open a game, so maybe "Game Changer" is a better term.

Based on what I think of the potential of these players, not their play this year...I would "franchise" the following:

*Brian Brown OR Levi Brown - 1 or the other, develop that player to see if you at least have a "career backup."

*Fred Jackson - Great leader/mentor...UNLESS he could fetch something equal to/better than Lynch.

*Corey McIntyre - Good leader and special teams ace...adds intensity needed for this team!

*Roscoe Parrish - I think he is worth more than what we could get for him.

*Shawn Nelson - Has the talent to become a receiving threat.

*Wood/Levitre/Bell/Urbik/Wrotto - There has to be at least 2-3 capable starters out of that group. (plus Wang/Howard)

*Spiller/Nelson/Easley/Roosevelt/Wang/Howard/Carrington/Troup/Batten/Moats/Coleman/Harris - Rookies...No need to explain.

*Dwan Edwards - "Grew up" in a model franchise, could become great leader and player.

*Kyle Williams - Could make great bookend/leader duo with Edwards if a nose tackle comes around.

*Paul Posluszny - He is a great leader and solid player...and could be better with a pass-rush and d-line.

*Leodis McKelvin - Could become a very good cornerback.

*Jairus Byrd - Sophomore slump...he is a very talented free safety, he will rebound.

*Donte Whitner - He is a great leader, a good player...and with Byrd could form a dominant duo.

*Moorman and Lindell are givens...but will need to eventually be replaced.

**I would keep Maybin and continue to develop him...put some weight on him and don't give up hope yet.

See what you can get for anyone and everyone else...and let's build this thing for the future!

That pretty much is the same team that is 0-5 now. You want to keep Parrish over Evans. Whitner and Posluszny are your good players. Maybin is worth saving? Based on what you just wrote this team is on its way except for a starting QB.

Why? The guy has no talent.

False. He has more talent than he knows what to do with in the secondary. If he did know what to do with it, our defense would be 1000x more aggressive. They may still give up 40 points a game, but at least they'd rattle a quarterback or two in the process.

That pretty much is the same team that is 0-5 now. You want to keep Parrish over Evans. Whitner and Posluszny are your good players. Maybin is worth saving? Based on what you just wrote this team is on its way except for a starting QB.

Lee Is the 3rd best WR in terms of production so far this year, #2 last year. Anyone who would give a an early draft pick for our 3rd best WR should be considered, in fact when a team is 0-5, everything should be considered, but my guess is the league already knows what many fans refuse to accept, Lee is another name on a long list of

First round picks with SUPERSTAR SALARIES that have SECOND STRING production.

However the clear issue with this team is the 5 OL and Defensive front 7 not collectively very good. There is enough talent at all the other positions to at tleast be a competative NFL team, even QB.

Can we get rid of Ralph Wilson? If not then I have no answers.

On another note, it does seem that every time we get rid of someone we rejoice for a couple of weeks before realizing the replacement is even worse. With no one able to evaluate talent in the front office (Nix, Modrak, etc.), I just don't see how shuffling the deck will do much. Different clowns, same circus.