Some interesting statistics

Billy in 4C

The Bills have just 6 sacks total through 5 games. Clay Matthews leads the league with 7. The Giants defense as a team (led by Perry Fewell) had 10 sacks just last week!

Maybin - 5 tackles through 5 games, 2 were assists, no sacks.

Ellis - 5 tackles, 2 were assists.

Carrington - 1 tackle.

Troup - 8 tackles through 5 games, 2 were assists.

Ayodele - 21 tackles in 4 games. Picked off the street after week 1.

Terrell Owens is 5th in the league in receiving yards, on pace for one of his greatest seasons ever statistically.

Fitzpatrick has a 99.9 QB rating through 2 games, both losses. Maybe QB shouldn't be top priority.

The D is absolutely brutal at the moment (at least the 'backers) no question. I've wondered that if Luck doesn't come out if the Bills would be wise to stick with Fitz for another year, but aside from the fan base freaking out it's worth considering that a lot of his statistics have been compiled against prevent defenses. He's a gamer, though.

Edited by Punch

The Bills have just 6 sacks total through 5 games. Clay Matthews leads the league with 7. The Giants defense as a team (led by Perry Fewell) had 10 sacks just last week!

Maybin - 5 tackles through 5 games, 2 were assists, no sacks.

Ellis - 5 tackles, 2 were assists.

Carrington - 1 tackle.

Troup - 8 tackles through 5 games, 2 were assists.

Ayodele - 21 tackles in 4 games. Picked off the street after week 1.

Terrell Owens is 5th in the league in receiving yards, on pace for one of his greatest seasons ever statistically.

Fitzpatrick has a 99.9 QB rating through 2 games, both losses. Maybe QB shouldn't be top priority.

Might want to add:

Orakpo - 10 tackles 4 asst. 2 sacks. 13 career sacks, he was there for the taking, but we had to have Maybin.:wallbash:

Well the good news is that it i shard to imagine that we will get any worse. It will be interesting to see how the Bills use the bye week.

That's kind of what I was saying at the start of the season, only with regard to how we played last year.

I was wrong, or perhaps just insufficiently imaginative.

I hope you are not insufficiently imaginative.

We disagree here. Fitzpatrick had 2 passes last week that slipped out of his hand in the throwing motion while he remained untouched. That should never happen to a starting QB in the NFL. This week, he over threw Steve Johnson on a WR screen, with the ball being about 10-12 feet over Steve's head. Then right after that, he bounced a backwards pass to Roscoe. It was technically a fumble that Roscoe recovered. Those are mistakes that should never happen in the NFL completely unforced and QB is still our first priority.

We disagree here. Fitzpatrick had 2 passes last week that slipped out of his hand in the throwing motion while he remained untouched. That should never happen to a starting QB in the NFL. This week, he over threw Steve Johnson on a WR screen, with the ball being about 10-12 feet over Steve's head. Then right after that, he bounced a backwards pass to Roscoe. It was technically a fumble that Roscoe recovered. Those are mistakes that should never happen in the NFL completely unforced and QB is still our first priority.

Right, and at the same time the Bills defense is giving up over 175 rushing yards a game.

A few missed passes or giving up 175+ rushing yards per game...hmmmm what should be the priority here?