last time the bills was 0-5

Joaquin1119

2-14 that season I believe. I can see it this year as well.

Correct:

"When Bill Polian was promoted to general manager of the Buffalo Bills on Dec. 30, 1985, the Bills were suffering from back to back 2-14 seasons and fan interest was at an all-time low. Polian had been with the Bills since August 2, 1984. He was originally hired as director of pro personnel, where he impressed Bills owner Ralph Wilson by telling then-coach Kay Stephenson, "We were 2-14 on merit--we have the worst personnel in the NFL." On February 7, 1985, Bills general manager Terry Bledsoe suffered a heart attack and Polian was named along with director of scouting Norm Pollom to handle contract negotiations in Bledsoe's absence. Polian was instrumental in the signing of Bruce Smith to his first NFL contract. This impressed the Bills' hierarchy enough to warrant a promotion to GM, after the firing of Bledsoe, in 1985. The fans were not impressed with the promotion of Polian however. Most observers considered the move business as usual, on a 2-14 team."

Where are the geniuses who said "damn the experts" and 'boldly' predicted 8-10 wins this year?

I admit I am one of those "geniuses" you mentioned. I was completely wrong and its going to be a very, very long year. It's time for the Bills to evaluate all personnel, and see if any of them are worth keeping. They should give Brohm a chance, as Fitz looked below average.

1985 Bills -

QB Vince Farragamo/Bruce Mathison

RB - Greg Bell/ Joe Cribbs

WR - Andre Reed?Eric Richardson

WR - Jerry Butler/ Chris Burkett

TE - Eason Ransom/Pete Metzelaars/

FB - Booker Moore

T - Ken Jones

G- Tim Vogler

C- Will Grant

G- Jim Ritcher

T- Joe Devlin

DE - Bruce Smith

NT - Fred Smerlas

DE- Ben Williams

OLB - Darryl Talley/Lucous Sanford

ILB- Eugene Marve

ILB- Jim Haslett

OLB- Guy Frazier

CB - Charles Romes

CB- Rod Hill/Derrick Burroughs

FS- Steve Freeman

SS- Martin Bayless/ Don Wilson

P- John Kidd

K- Scott Norword

And some other names as well....G Mark Traynowicz, CB Rodney Bellinger, DE Sean McNany, DE Dean Prater, QB Frank Reich, DB LAwrnce Johnson....

I think 1985 Bills were actually better despite 2-14...

1985 Bills -

FB - Booker Moore

T - Ken Jones

G- Tim Vogler

C- Will Grant

G- Jim Ritcher

T- Joe Devlin

DE - Bruce Smith

NT - Fred Smerlas

DE- Ben Williams

ILB- Eugene Marve

ILB- Jim Haslett

OLB- Guy Frazier

CB - Charles Romes

FS- Steve Freeman

P- John Kidd

K- Scott Norword

And some other names as well....G Mark Traynowicz, CB Rodney Bellinger, DE Sean McNany, DE Dean Prater, QB Frank Reich, DB LAwrnce Johnson....

I think they would kick the crap out of this team. Maybe even now, LOL!There was some talent on that team. I would take that OL over this one any day!

1985 Bills -

FB - Booker Moore

T - Ken Jones

G- Tim Vogler

C- Will Grant

G- Jim Ritcher

T- Joe Devlin

DE - Bruce Smith

NT - Fred Smerlas

DE- Ben Williams

ILB- Eugene Marve

ILB- Jim Haslett

OLB- Guy Frazier

CB - Charles Romes

FS- Steve Freeman

P- John Kidd

K- Scott Norword

Hopefully, there are a few decent players hidden on this roster. On the other hand, the current GM's plan seems to involve lowering the team to closely resemble an expansion team.

Correct:

"When Bill Polian was promoted to general manager of the Buffalo Bills on Dec. 30, 1985, the Bills were suffering from back to back 2-14 seasons and fan interest was at an all-time low. Polian had been with the Bills since August 2, 1984. He was originally hired as director of pro personnel, where he impressed Bills owner Ralph Wilson by telling then-coach Kay Stephenson, "We were 2-14 on merit--we have the worst personnel in the NFL." On February 7, 1985, Bills general manager Terry Bledsoe suffered a heart attack and Polian was named along with director of scouting Norm Pollom to handle contract negotiations in Bledsoe's absence. Polian was instrumental in the signing of Bruce Smith to his first NFL contract. This impressed the Bills' hierarchy enough to warrant a promotion to GM, after the firing of Bledsoe, in 1985. The fans were not impressed with the promotion of Polian however. Most observers considered the move business as usual, on a 2-14 team."

And after building the best Bills team in history to date the Bills owner got a case of the A** and thought he new more about football than Pollian and fired him & it's been down hill ever since --------- Thanks Ralph !!!!

1985 Bills -

FB - Booker Moore

T - Ken Jones

G- Tim Vogler

C- Will Grant

G- Jim Ritcher

T- Joe Devlin

DE - Bruce Smith

NT - Fred Smerlas

DE- Ben Williams

ILB- Eugene Marve

ILB- Jim Haslett

OLB- Guy Frazier

CB - Charles Romes

FS- Steve Freeman

P- John Kidd

K- Scott Norword

OMFG the talent on that team was vastly better than this one!!! Come on, someone go ahead and still defend the drafting of the last decade.

And after building the best Bills team in history to date the Bills owner got a case of the A** and thought he new more about football than Pollian and fired him & it's been down hill ever since --------- Thanks Ralph !!!!

Ego and cheapness. Ego in he felt he could replace Polian easilly that GM's were a dime a dozen. Cheap because Polian knew he had to spend money in this new thing called free agency and Wilsons puppet Litman disagreed.

1985 Bills -

FB - Booker Moore

T - Ken Jones

G- Tim Vogler

C- Will Grant

G- Jim Ritcher

T- Joe Devlin

DE - Bruce Smith

NT - Fred Smerlas

DE- Ben Williams

ILB- Eugene Marve

ILB- Jim Haslett

OLB- Guy Frazier

CB - Charles Romes

FS- Steve Freeman

P- John Kidd

K- Scott Norword

The 85 Bills had a decent OL and a decent DL. The QB position was horrid as was rthe coaching.

Two big differences between 1985 and now, there were what 12 rounds of draft picks so you had a bett chance to collect talent, and no free agency, so the talent you collected wasn't going anywhere. Easier to build a team back then for the long haul. Now easy to quickly turn a team around, but usually doesn't last too long if signing FA

And the Kansas City Chiefs Thank him TOO!!