Disappointed fans jump off the Bills bandwagon

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what I got from that article? AARP members are the ones jumping off the bandwagon! :thumbdown: These oldtimers need to represent, not quit! :angry:

Bull Crap! Enough is enough. I am sick of this 'support this team no matter what' BS!!!! Ralph wilson COUNTS ON THAT!!! He knows he doesn't have to field anything but a **** team because fans will come to the stadium regardless. We need a friggin owner that will put WINNING as a priority, not lining his pockets while putting the cheapest product on the field

Cue the 'Ralph Wilson isn't cheap! He spends tons of money on terrible, washed up players!' argument that somehow should make you feel like Ralph isn't the literal worst owner in NFL history.

Either that or we'll get the 'You should be thankful that Ralph gave you any football, however crappy and uncompetitive it may be! Buffalo stinks and is worthless so kiss his ring you ungrateful bastard!' line.

Fun times for the apologists.

you know what I got from that article? AARP members are the ones jumping off the bandwagon! :thumbdown: These oldtimers need to represent, not quit! :angry:

I dunno. Living on a fixed income would lead some to weigh the alternatives:

Traveling to The Rich, paying for parking, buying tickets, dealing with drunken louts, watching the dismal product on the field, driving home, going through Trooper drunk checks

Vs.

Taking the Mrs. to an inexpensive Sunday brunch and a relaxing afternoon of reading the paper, watching a movie and raking leaves.

Just exactly what would compel a Senior Citizen in their 70s to hike out to a game this year? The old lady has a crush on Chan? The unis? ohmy.gif

How long can you take constant losing. Enough is enough!

What we are missing is this is the first time we've had respected GM and head coach since the early 90's. I mean respected by guys who know what they are talking about not "Johnnie from Dunkirk". This isn't the same old bills the frustration is it takes a couple years. We've waited this long I can wait another year or two. They will get it corrected, but realize the talent level on this team is very low.

Bull Crap! Enough is enough. I am sick of this 'support this team no matter what' BS!!!! Ralph wilson COUNTS ON THAT!!! He knows he doesn't have to field anything but a **** team because fans will come to the stadium regardless. We need a friggin owner that will put WINNING as a priority, not lining his pockets while putting the cheapest product on the field

The argument will rage on for as long as the old guy lives, but he hasn't done these things to line his pockets. he has more than enough money to be an old man spending his days in his mansion. He is doing it to set things up for the next owners. It has become increasingly clear to most everyone that they are positioning this franchise for a move. If he puts a bunch of money into the team, it might actually make it worse for us, as not only would we lose our beloved team, we would lose a winning team. Now that's just my two cents, but my logic seems decent enough on this one.

What we are missing is this is the first time we've had respected GM and head coach since the early 90's. I mean respected by guys who know what they are talking about not "Johnnie from Dunkirk". This isn't the same old bills the frustration is it takes a couple years. We've waited this long I can wait another year or two. They will get it corrected, but realize the talent level on this team is very low.

You must have alot of patience, How long have been following them?

The Bills have been rebuilding the model for how long?

They're not putting a competitive, entertaining product on the field. Why should anyone be buying it?

Just think if they won some games. What if there were 8-8 or 9-7. Oh that's asking alot from the Bills.

You're either a fan or you're not. I'm 48 years old. I've been following this team since I was old enough to understand the game.

That includes the '84-'85 seasons. The difference between myself and some fans is that I can put things in perspective. It's entertainment, not a way of life.

You're either a fan or you're not. I'm 48 years old. I've been following this team since I was old enough to understand the game.

That includes the '84-'85 seasons. The difference between myself and some fans is that I can put things in perspective. It's entertainment, not a way of life.

What entertainment do you see.

who is this "respected" GM and head coach of whom you speak?

Nix was fired from his last job as national scout, who the Bills hired from retirement in Tennessee (as a scout) 

He then was promoted to a GM he has never performed in the past in a search that extended all the way to Modrak and John Guy - who was then promptly fired.

not sure how he has earned "respect" as a GM- other than in Bills fans fantasy world. 

Gailey is even worse

Fired from his last job as OC before the season - but not good enough then to be brought in to fix the Bills after we fired Turk at the same time.

Fired from GT after 6 years of piss-poor talent acquisition and mediocre production on the field.

The claim of each that they need to use the entire 2010 season to evaluate talent on the team should be a huge red flag to anyone thinking this group can achieve their stated objective of "building thru the draft" - where they will be need to identify players from the college ranks playing vastly systems and environments than that of the NFL.  Cornell Green, Incognito, Scott, invisible 2010 draft class - the early returns of evaluating talent are not good

but maybe Chan thinks red-shirting players is the proper way to subtly tank a season. 

I guess the fans deserve a 20 game pre-season.