Why do we want to draft a loser?

Dorkington

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry but record has nothing to do with it. If you want Locker you are nuts and shouldnt form opinions on QBs

In fact, he could very likely go undrafted - see Jevon Snead. The only thing that could save him is his *alleged* sub 4.4 forty.

Either way, i'll bet my mortgage on Locker being a later 3rd or after draft pick. And he will only go that high based on potentail alone.

I don't think Locker will be a 1st round pick...it makes me think back to a certain QB named Brohm who was supposedly one of the top QB prospects and went back to Louisville for a year and dropped to a 2nd rounder, a practice squad player and now the backup of this talent laden group.

Seeing that the Bills always like to be "smarter" than everyone else I could see the big 3 on the board and the Bills selecting Locker.

My favorite part of that scenario would be all of the Nix lovers trying to argue with everyone and asking what their credentials are to criticize the pick. Then they would attack all of the draft graders who gave the Bills an F...it would be more entertaining than anything they put on the field thats for sure. :bag:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/john_lopez/07/08/qb.rule/index.html

I remember the above article and thought it was interesting, hell it can't be worse than the Bills current technique. Fitz makes the list but I would imagine playing in the Ivy league may skew some numbers

Interesting article....

Using the guide in the article - Trentative would not have projected as an NFL success as he did not have enough starts in college.

Ryan Mallett looks to project as a success though if he can pass the Wonderlic test.

Interesting article....

Using the guide in the article - Trentative would not have projected as an NFL success as he did not have enough starts in college.

Ryan Mallett looks to project as a success though if he can pass the Wonderlic test.

On the surface there aren't many misses using the system outlined, it would make me wary drafting someone that didn't qualify given how it seems to have panned out.

Using the article as a guide - Luck wont have enough starts after this year and Locker's completion % isn't high enoug, so out of those three Mallett looks to have the best potential.

I don't have any stats but I do recall hearing recently that the % of jr QBs' coming out early has risen dramatically recently, especially for 1st round prospects. If true then the number of good players with lower than the requisite number of starts would likely go up, I guess?

Players coming out too soon may well be part of the problem of why there are so many QB busts in the NFL.

A few more QB failures that I looked up:

JP Losman - low college completion %

Matt Leinhart - didn't start enough college games

Jason Campbell - low Wonderlic score and not enough college starts

I'm becoming a believer in the 26-27-60 Rule!

Players coming out too soon may well be part of the problem of why there are so many QB busts in the NFL.

A few more QB failures that I looked up:

JP Losman - low college completion %

Matt Leinhart - didn't start enough college games

Jason Campbell - low Wonderlic score and not enough college starts

I'm becoming a believer in the 26-27-60 Rule!

Leinart started for like 3 years and started 39 times and was 37-2, scored a 35 on his wonderlic and completed 64.8%. it woulda been nice to pick him up, maybe he would sober up in buffalo

Leinart started for like 3 years and started 39 times and was 37-2, scored a 35 on his wonderlic and completed 64.8%. it woulda been nice to pick him up, maybe he would sober up in buffalo

You are right about the starts and he did have the completion %, I wonder why the author missed him, especially given his status at the time of the article. I should send him a email and ask.