Stop the Wilson bashing, just buy the team

gjv001

Reading all these negative posts about Mr. Wilson is getting old. Why don't all the Wilson bashers get together and buy the team. I would guess it will take around one billion dollars to get the deal done. Mr. Wilson would probably take the current value of his team, approximately 750 million dollars, and the league would like to see working capitol and reserves in the 250 million dollar range. Let see, the Wilson bashers could set up tables outside Wegmans, Tops, Teds, inside all the Malls, and all watering the holes frequenred by Wilson bashers, to find investors. With 70,000 investors signed up, each one investing only $14,300.00 the deal is done. Have at it Wilson bashers.

Reading all these negative posts about Mr. Wilson is getting old. Why don't all the Wilson bashers get together and buy the team. I would guess it will take around one billion dollars to get the deal done. Mr. Wilson would probably take the current value of his team, approximately 750 million dollars, and the league would like to see working capitol and reserves in the 250 million dollar range. Let see, the Wilson bashers could set up tables outside Wegmans, Tops, Teds, inside all the Malls, and all watering the holes frequenred by Wilson bashers, to find investors. With 70,000 investors signed up, each one investing only $14,300.00 the deal is done. Have at it Wilson bashers.

my math's a little different, 750 million % 70000 investors = a little over $10000 each (the rest would be in an interest bearing escrow acct). bills made $35 mil last year. thats about $500 per share or 5% plus presumed continued increase in value (more likely when wilson's gone). that's a significantly better return than most are getting now. i'm in and i'll bet if offered this way nationally it would be easy to sell 70000 shares.

I would buy the team but my wife wants a new dishwasher

That's quite a dishwasher!

All right, serious question breaking through the Tequila overload

Green Bay Packers are owned by a cooperative, non profit corporation.

The league ruled against this form of ownership - "The National Football League, of which the Packers are a member, does not allow corporate membership, and instead requires clubs to be wholly owned either by a single owner, or small group of owners, and requires that at least one owner owns a 1/3 stake in the team. "

Green Bay was 'grandfathered' in

Why did the NFL make this rule?

(ok back to the Tequila) and could 70,000 of us in the aggregate possibly be dumber and less directed than Ralph Wilson? :flirt:

my math's a little different, 750 million % 70000 investors = a little over $10000 each (the rest would be in an interest bearing escrow acct). bills made $35 mil last year. thats about $500 per share or 5% plus presumed continued increase in value (more likely when wilson's gone). that's a significantly better return than most are getting now. i'm in and i'll bet if offered this way nationally it would be easy to sell 70000 shares.

Of those 70,000 "owners", who's gonna make the decisions?

How does Green Bay make the decisions?

It's a moot point for anyone else, it seems

I'm not sure how GB does it...guessing there's a committee who votes on all decisions or something. But you're right, if there's a rule barring this type of ownership then it doesn't matter anyway.

I wish someone would just buy this team and move them to LA or Las Vegas or Shmoakin Dam so I don't have to go to any more of these games. I am not a conspiracy theory guy - I have had season tiks for 10 years and have been a lifelong fan - I am convinced that someone is deliberately killing this team so they will move. The Kelsay deal from last week confirmed it for me.

This topic should be closed because the public is no longer allowed to buy NFL teams. The end.

GB had it grandfathered in and I don't see the NFL doing it again. Which sucks because it is hard to argue with the success of GB and the following they have. Although having Favre and Reggie White and a bunch of winning seasons likely helped. Pre Reggie White, GB was a laughing stock where no one wanted to play...sound familiar

Why did the NFL make this rule?

control...it's harder to control 70,000 stockholders. some of those folks are apt to have a conscience. oh yeah, and to protect jerks like wilson

Edited by birdog1960

I'll gladly buy the Bills. Heck I'll even give him double what he paid, $50k. I'd miss my 401k, but owning the Bills would be pretty cool too.

My first idea to generate greater ticket sales would be to hold a raffle using ticket stubs before each game with the winner getting to play a quarter at whatever position they wanted. Except punter, cause you dont mess with the head of a franchise punter.

I'll gladly buy the Bills. Heck I'll even give him double what he paid, $50k. I'd miss my 401k, but owning the Bills would be pretty cool too.

My first idea to generate greater ticket sales would be to hold a raffle using ticket stubs before each game with the winner getting to play a quarter at whatever position they wanted. Except punter, cause you dont mess with the head of a franchise punter.

could I be a Jill? I have the legs for it.

Guess what? RALPH WONT SELL! Believe me I am sure Jim Kelly etal have TRIED!

Of those 70,000 "owners", who's gonna make the decisions?

OK, so one of you guys will have to be "the billionaire". You can try to gather votes among the 70,000 investors, and if elected Billionaire, you will make the decisions.

Of course, you will have to keep your voters happy (and they know where you live!). So, come draft day, you had better get it right!

Guess what? RALPH WONT SELL! Believe me I am sure Jim Kelly etal have TRIED!

Jim and Co could offer to rent the Bills for let's say 5 years with the option to buy on Ralph's passing. They just need to convince Ralph he will easily make it to 100. Ya silly notion.

Anyway if Ralph wanted to ensure a lasting legacy with us Bills fans he would already have a serious plan set in place for the team to stay in Buffalo. Perhaps that plan is secretely made with Jim but Ralph sure isn't giving us any positive assurances.

As to we fans buying the team that would be great if possible. I wonder what ticket price we would all agree on?