Stop the Wilson bashing, just buy the team

gjv001

I wish someone would just buy this team and move them to LA or Las Vegas or Shmoakin Dam so I don't have to go to any more of these games. I am not a conspiracy theory guy - I have had season tiks for 10 years and have been a lifelong fan - I am convinced that someone is deliberately killing this team so they will move. The Kelsay deal from last week confirmed it for me.

So the Bills extended Kelsay , invested millions into a deal to keep him a Bill , just to spite the fans in hopes of a massive decline in attendance and support , justifying the sale and relocation of the team? Either support the team or get the f*ck out , enough already.

I wish someone would just buy this team and move them to LA or Las Vegas or Shmoakin Dam so I don't have to go to any more of these games. I am not a conspiracy theory guy - I have had season tiks for 10 years and have been a lifelong fan - I am convinced that someone is deliberately killing this team so they will move. The Kelsay deal from last week confirmed it for me.

I'm !@#$ing sure as I have ever been about anything that was Wilson 100%. No way Nix and Gailey wanted to do that extension, no way in !@#$ing hell. Only person on planet earth who'd be that sentimental and stupid to do that deal is Ralph Wilson. And NOT to ruin the team, but because he simply believes that he should be able to decide on a whole ton of things regarding the team and they should just win, anyway. That's how he's always been.

Edited by TheChimp

I'm !@#$ing sure as I have ever been about anything that was Wilson 100%. No way Nix and Gailey wanted to do that extension, no way in !@#$ing hell. Only person on planet earth who'd be that sentimental and stupid to do that deal is Ralph Wilson. And NOT to ruin the team, but because he simply believes that he should be able to decide on a whole ton of things regarding the team and they should just win, anyway. That's how he's always been.

I can't fathom why Ralph would even begin to give a **** about someone like Chris Kelsay. I think Nix's comments about the extension earlier Thursday should be taken completely at face value. Good Ol' Buddy acknowledged Kelsay isn't a great player but was retained for his leadership during the transition period. Y'know, the one that the team is obviously in at the moment. You don't need to try so hard to misunderstand everything.

Ralph tripping over himself to extend a contract for a role player that will probably continue past his own natural life? Do yourself a favor and chill out, dude!

my math's a little different, 750 million % 70000 investors = a little over $10000 each (the rest would be in an interest bearing escrow acct). bills made $35 mil last year. thats about $500 per share or 5% plus presumed continued increase in value (more likely when wilson's gone). that's a significantly better return than most are getting now. i'm in and i'll bet if offered this way nationally it would be easy to sell 70000 shares.

To get around the public ownership rules, why not start a corperation with a single principle that pays dividends to investors. They would essentially own a part of the team, by owning a part of the teams ownership.

It would be like if Warren Buffets investment group Berkshire Hathaway buying the Bills, the same way he buys stocks for investors.

Could it work?? I thought of this a while ago and I think it may...

Reading all these negative posts about Mr. Wilson is getting old. Why don't all the Wilson bashers get together and buy the team. I would guess it will take around one billion dollars to get the deal done. Mr. Wilson would probably take the current value of his team, approximately 750 million dollars, and the league would like to see working capitol and reserves in the 250 million dollar range. Let see, the Wilson bashers could set up tables outside Wegmans, Tops, Teds, inside all the Malls, and all watering the holes frequenred by Wilson bashers, to find investors. With 70,000 investors signed up, each one investing only $14,300.00 the deal is done. Have at it Wilson bashers.

Actually I was thinking about buying the team, but then I remembered I spent all my extra money on tickets, jerseys, memorabilia, souvenirs of this terrible team that Mr. Wilson has run into the ground. Wish you would have said something a few decades earlier.

How exactly are you 100% sure it was tight ass Ralphie's idea and his only? I don't see this owner forcing anyone to spend his money. I think you are 100% off on this topic. I think it was Nix and Gailey, because they knew this was going to be one of, if not the worst team in the NFL for the near future (2 or 3 seasons), and wanted someone with locker room leadership, whether he performs on the field or not. Not saying I agree with it, but they are going to turn this team into a roster of young kids for the most part, and wanted a little experienced leadership in the locker room. But does it matter? Batman and Robin are making a bigger mess of a team that it didn't seem possible that it could get any worse.

Edited by billsfreak

To get around the public ownership rules, why not start a corperation with a single principle that pays dividends to investors. They would essentially own a part of the team, by owning a part of the teams ownership.

It would be like if Warren Buffets investment group Berkshire Hathaway buying the Bills, the same way he buys stocks for investors.

Could it work?? I thought of this a while ago and I think it may...

how bout birdog hathaway? yall can start send those $10000 checks any time. but seriously, i'm sure the nfl lawyers would find some way to stop it....the owners don't want to rub elbows with the unwashed masses.

Reading all these negative posts about Mr. Wilson is getting old. Why don't all the Wilson bashers get together and buy the team. I would guess it will take around one billion dollars to get the deal done. Mr. Wilson would probably take the current value of his team, approximately 750 million dollars, and the league would like to see working capitol and reserves in the 250 million dollar range. Let see, the Wilson bashers could set up tables outside Wegmans, Tops, Teds, inside all the Malls, and all watering the holes frequenred by Wilson bashers, to find investors. With 70,000 investors signed up, each one investing only $14,300.00 the deal is done. Have at it Wilson bashers.

Dude - you're doing a good job of displaying your ignorance. Wilson REFUSES to sell the team or EVEN TALK ABOUT A transition plan. He won't give up the team, but there are a lot of creative things that could be done - e.g. he could sell a % and give that buyer a future option to purchase the team. But, he's a selfish, egotistical, (stadium name) senile, old bastard who has made a fortune off the backs of the working people of WNY, and he doesn't give a damn what happens after he dies. He's going to hold the team in his cold, greedy hands until he dies, and let his heirs auction it off. He has been a good owner for the league, but a terrible owner for this franchise. The W-L record over the franchise history bears this out. His meddling drives away the good coaches and GMs that we have had, and other good ones stay away because the know how he is. Next time you comment, do your homework.

Even if it meets their criteria, the NFL can block the sale to an ownership group. It's a closed club, and they control who gets in.

So why would they want to block a sale? Because collectively they have an interest in having good businessmen as their owners, people who will help the league continue to grow and make money. Common sense.

So even if we pooled our money and gave 1/3 of it to some clown from TBD to be the head of the group in order to keep the franchise in Buffalo, I'm not sure that the NFL would look kindly on our business acumen. I'm not sure that a group determined to keep the team in a dying city with no access to corporate cash is the kind of visionary business muscle they are looking to add to their ownership club.

Indeed, if a Ralph Wilson showed up today with $750m and a plan to keep the team in Buffalo - low ticket prices and minimal corporate boxes - I doubt they would let him buy the Bills. They would see his plan as it really is: a deadweight franchise sustained by the TV revenue generated by everybody else.

Even if it meets their criteria, the NFL can block the sale to an ownership group. It's a closed club, and they control who gets in.

So why would they want to block a sale? Because collectively they have an interest in having good businessmen as their owners, people who will help the league continue to grow and make money. Common sense.

So even if we pooled our money and gave 1/3 of it to some clown from TBD to be the head of the group in order to keep the franchise in Buffalo, I'm not sure that the NFL would look kindly on our business acumen. I'm not sure that a group determined to keep the team in a dying city with no access to corporate cash is the kind of visionary business muscle they are looking to add to their ownership club.

Indeed, if a Ralph Wilson showed up today with $750m and a plan to keep the team in Buffalo - low ticket prices and minimal corporate boxes - I doubt they would let him buy the Bills. They would see his plan as it really is: a deadweight franchise sustained by the TV revenue generated by everybody else.

yet it might not be as closed a club as you believe. the recent SCOTUS American Needle ruling suggests that the NFL is 32 separate businesses, not a single business. based on this ruling, a challenge to the leagues control over ownership issues might be possible. any legal scholars wanna weigh in?

btw, if they see wilson's plan for what it is and the nfl as a single entity has this much control, why not force him out?

Edited by birdog1960