(OT) Favorite Christmas Special

buckeyemike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for Year Without A Santa

Best movie without a doubt is A Christmas Story.

"Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!"

Oh and another vote for Emmet Otter. I thought I was the only guy that missed the old HBO Christmas special. They probably don't show it anymore so they can concentrate on more Real Sex shows... :)

Does anyone know if Emmet Otter is on anywhere else?

150912[/snapback]

Great avatar, Gavin!

I remember when Christmas Story was filmed here in Cleveland in 1983...the scene at the department store is the old Higbee's on Public Square (now vacant).

The scene was filmed in April, and they had to truck snow in.

Mike

"Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!"

Oh and another vote for Emmet Otter. I thought I was the only guy that missed the old HBO Christmas special. They probably don't show it anymore so they can concentrate on more Real Sex shows... :)

150912[/snapback]

I have a copy of Emmet Otter on VHS.

It's interesting...I haven't seen the Grinch on yet this year.

The cartoon version, not the awful Jim Carrey movie. That's been on a couple of times.

There are some things that shouldn't be messed with, and this is one of them.

Mike

Oh and another vote for Emmet Otter. I thought I was the only guy that missed the old HBO Christmas special. They probably don't show it anymore so they can concentrate on more Real Sex shows... :w00t:

150912[/snapback]

Emmet Otter is available on video and DVD - Media Play carries it. I have a copy and we play it each year.

Another great line is in the song that the Riverbottom Nightmare Band plays:

WE KNOW WE'RE A MESS

OUR KIND DOES NOT LIKE TO BE CLEAN

WE DON'T BRUSH OUR TEETH

CAUSE OUR TOOTHACHE CAN HELP US STAY MEAN

Here's a great page about the movie: Emmet Otter

Also, I have a video of Wil Vinton's Claymation Christmas. The "Chiming Bell" segment is worth the price of admission alone. I bought my copy at Amazon.com. I can't understand why this all-time classic still isn't aired.

Emmet Otter is available on video and DVD - Media Play carries it. I have a copy and we play it each year.

Another great line is in the song that the Riverbottom Nightmare Band plays:

WE KNOW WE'RE A MESS

OUR KIND DOES NOT LIKE TO BE CLEAN

WE DON'T BRUSH OUR TEETH

CAUSE OUR TOOTHACHE CAN HELP US STAY MEAN

Here's a great page about the movie:  Emmet Otter

Also, I have a video of Wil Vinton's Claymation Christmas. The "Chiming Bell" segment is worth the price of admission alone. I bought my copy at Amazon.com. I can't understand why this all-time classic still isn't aired.

151339[/snapback]

Loved Riverbottom nightmare band. "The grass does not grow on, the places where stop and stand." My old band used to play that as a joke. I don't think Ive seen it since the 80's.