Randy Moss Going Too Vikings?

Dante

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop the 2nd and 4th asking price?? What happened to your "1st rounder" that Smith required?

Nothing happened to it. But why do you think Smith would even take a 2nd and 4th from a conference rival? The answer is, he wouldn't. And Jackson probably knows how the Pats don't pay much for their WR's, so he'd probably never agree to be traded there. So it's essentially moot.

Nothing happened to it. But why do you think Smith would even take a 2nd and 4th from a conference rival? The answer is, he wouldn't. And Jackson probably knows how the Pats don't pay much for their WR's, so he'd probably never agree to be traded there. So it's essentially moot.

You said it would take a 1st rounder for Smith to deal Jackson. Then you took it back. Anyway, Smith would deal--why not? The pats have beaten his team without Jackson. Won't make a difference.

Anyway, the market for WR is what it is--no one is offering more than a second (sorry)--and Smith is aware of that.

"Don't pay much"? Moss was quite happy to sign a $27 million extension in 2008. Besides, how is Jackson enjoying his tender salary? And, sicne Smith won't trade him, what kind of deal does he think he's gonna get from SD?

You said it would take a 1st rounder for Smith to deal Jackson. Then you took it back. Anyway, Smith would deal--why not? The pats have beaten his team without Jackson. Won't make a difference.

Anyway, the market for WR is what it is--no one is offering more than a second (sorry)--and Smith is aware of that.

"Don't pay much"? Moss was quite happy to sign a $27 million extension in 2008. Besides, how is Jackson enjoying his tender salary? And, sicne Smith won't trade him, what kind of deal does he think he's gonna get from SD?

I took nothing back. I said, and still say, Smith wouldn't be stupid enough to trade Jackson to a main conference rival for less than a 1st rounder. You provided a link talking about an alleged trade to a non-conference team that has no bearing on Smith's dealing with the Pats.

Wait, why would Smith deal Jackson to the Pats for less than a 1st rounder. Because the Pats have beaten the Chargers without Jackson and that would make it okay? Really?

Jackson is no Moss. Moss earned every penny of that contract with his 2007 tryout season. But Jackson doesn't know he's not Moss and will want the moon.

So again, why do you think Jackson will become a Patriot?

Edited by Doc

I took nothing back. I said, and still say, Smith wouldn't be stupid enough to trade Jackson to a main conference rival for less than a 1st rounder. You provided a link talking about an alleged trade to a non-conference team that has no bearing on Smith's dealing with the Pats.

Wait, why would Smith deal Jackson to the Pats for less than a 1st rounder. Because the Pats have beaten the Chargers without Jackson and that would make it okay? Really?

Jackson is no Moss. Moss earned every penny of that contract with his 2007 tryout season. But Jackson doesn't know he's not Moss and will want the moon.

So again, why do you think Jackson will become a Patriot?

I don't know that he would become a patriot. Heard it on the radio yeaterday morning as a possibility. If he were to become one, it would not be for a 1st round pick. Much better WRs have recently been traded for less. Smith knows this, hence his conisideration for a 2 and another pick. Saying it would cost a 1st to send Jackson to any AFC team is the same as saying that Smith has no real interest in trading him, which we know is false. Moss did earn his extension ("every penny of it", in fact) in NE, and was, as you note, well paid--so your earlier claim that they won't pay a WR good money has been retracted I guess. Go figure.

I don't know that he would become a patriot. Heard it on the radio yeaterday morning as a possibility. If he were to become one, it would not be for a 1st round pick. Much better WRs have recently been traded for less. Smith knows this, hence his conisideration for a 2 and another pick. Saying it would cost a 1st to send Jackson to any AFC team is the same as saying that Smith has no real interest in trading him, which we know is false. Moss did earn his extension ("every penny of it", in fact) in NE, and was, as you note, well paid--so your earlier claim that they won't pay a WR good money has been retracted I guess. Go figure.

You asked "When does Vincent Jackson become a patriot?" Which we both know means you thought it had a good chance of happening. I said it won't for less than a 1st rounder from the Pats (not the Vikings), and that they won't want to pay him what he's looking for (because he's not even close to Moss' caliber). Again I apologize for not spelling it all out for you and expected you to realize the context.