Can't be angry at Galey yet

I see some people saying we are worst off now than when Jauron was here. Should I remind everybody that we did not beat Miami, The Jets or NE last year either. Green Bay is one of the best team in the NFL and if we had 5 Jaurons on the sideline, we would still have lost. This team is lacking serious talent especially where it counts the most: OL and DL. The front office did exactly nothing to improve that situation so I did not expect any better results this year. Sadly we will probably win a few games that will stop us from a N°1 pick. Not that it matters with the same staff drafting as in prevois years. The signing of Kelsay is a sure sign that things are not going to get any better. Just live with it. It is Ralph's team and he is free to do whichever he wants with it. He owes fan nothing. Fans dont have to buy tickets or merchandise but they keep on doing just that. Every summer for the past 10 years, the buffalo marketing gurus are convincing a high number of fans that this is it but yet there was no concrete reasons to think we had improved. Actually all teams in our division did more than we did to improve. Dont be angry at Ralph. Dont count the minutes until he passes that is just poor taste and completely wrong.

I see some people saying we are worst off now than when Jauron was here. Should I remind everybody that we did not beat Miami, The Jets or NE last year either. Green Bay is one of the best team in the NFL and if we had 5 Jaurons on the sideline, we would still have lost. This team is lacking serious talent especially where it counts the most: OL and DL. The front office did exactly nothing to improve that situation so I did not expect any better results this year. Sadly we will probably win a few games that will stop us from a N°1 pick. Not that it matters with the same staff drafting as in prevois years. The signing of Kelsay is a sure sign that things are not going to get any better. Just live with it. It is Ralph's team and he is free to do whichever he wants with it. He owes fan nothing. Fans dont have to buy tickets or merchandise but they keep on doing just that. Every summer for the past 10 years, the buffalo marketing gurus are convincing a high number of fans that this is it but yet there was no concrete reasons to think we had improved. Actually all teams in our division did more than we did to improve. Dont be angry at Ralph. Dont count the minutes until he passes that is just poor taste and completely wrong.

I dont get why Ralph does not owe the fans anything?

Edited by b stein 22

I'm still alright with Galey. Nicks is ok in my book too!

I dont get why Ralph does not owe the fans anything?

If you are not happy with the product, don't buy it. Simple. This is actually a fundamental principle this great country is based on.

Absolutely correct. Mr. Wilson puts a product on the field and sells tickets to watch it along with team merchandise, concessions etc. If you like the product you buy it. If you don't like it you don't buy it. Simple concept, embrace it. Bottom line is Mr. Wilson meets his contractual obligation every week. It is your option to buy what he offers or not.

Um, we did beat Miami last year. I was there when Fitz and TO led a big 31-14 win over the fish. Although I can't remember if it was Fewell or Jauron on the sidelines

If you are not happy with the product, don't buy it. Simple. This is actually a fundamental principle this great country is based on.

Are you saying that Ralph does not care at all about Buffalo, and he is just here to make as much money off the poor soles that are Buffalo bills fans.I think he owes the fans something for there dedication the past sixty years.

Edited by b stein 22

He owes something to the fans if he wants to keep them. The fans walking out should have been a big red flag that sooner or later, probably sooner, games will get blacked out.

Though I am not sure big spending will change much.... but I would really like if they made more signings like edwards/davis. Replaceing the bad players with at least decent players would help. There are too many players on this team that don't belong in the NFL.

I would like the bills to spend more money, but I also want them to spend the money on players that are worth it. The kelsey deal doesn't bode well for that. But I will take the edwards/davis signings over dockery/walker any day.

Absolutely correct. Mr. Wilson puts a product on the field and sells tickets to watch it along with team merchandise, concessions etc. If you like the product you buy it. If you don't like it you don't buy it. Simple concept, embrace it. Bottom line is Mr. Wilson meets his contractual obligation every week. It is your option to buy what he offers or not.

CM, normally like what you say. Little difference of opinion here: Mr. Wilson has a contractual obligation to provide a professional NFL football game.

I'm really not sure what we've seen recently counts as delivering on that obligation.

If it does, it shouldn't.

Are you saying that Ralph does not care at all about Buffalo, and he is just here to make as much money off the poor soles that are Buffalo bills fans.I think he owes the fans something for there dedication the past sixty years.

I think he cares very much that does not mean he will succeed in putting a decent product on the field

He owes something to the fans if he wants to keep them. The fans walking out should have been a big red flag that sooner or later, probably sooner, games will get blacked out.

Though I am not sure big spending will change much.... but I would really like if they made more signings like edwards/davis. Replaceing the bad players with at least decent players would help. There are too many players on this team that don't belong in the NFL.

I would like the bills to spend more money, but I also want them to spend the money on players that are worth it. The kelsey deal doesn't bode well for that. But I will take the edwards/davis signings over dockery/walker any day.

On the same token, I would take dockery/walker over green

You can't be mad at Gailey, because I would have taken the job had it been offered to me also. This garbage lies soley at the feet of Ralph Wilson and has for the better part of the decade. :wallbash:

Don't be surprised if we get another decade of it. Ralph has taken care of his health for years and has plenty of money for the best care a man can buy. And I wish him as many years as he can have. We might not be happy with the team now but I would be hard pressed to not admire what Ralph has done in his life. A lot more than I have.

CM, normally like what you say. Little difference of opinion here: Mr. Wilson has a contractual obligation to provide a professional NFL football game.

I'm really not sure what we've seen recently counts as delivering on that obligation.

If it does, it shouldn't.

What you are talking about is a competitive team, not professional. To the best of my knowledge they are getting paid (in some cases vastly overpaid IMO) which makes them professional. Like it or not (and I like most people do not) Mr. Wilson is doing the minimum required. Although a class action suit filed by season ticket holders pleading your argument would be entertaining :)

Any lawyers with a pair in here? :flirt:

Edited by CodeMonkey

Not for the money we paid dockery/walker. The money dockery got was just insane. The one time wilson spent money, and it was a huge blunder. At least when green is finally gone, it wasn't such a costly mistake that it set us back.

Green signing obviously didn't work, but was nowhere as stupid as making dockery one of the highest paid players on the team.

I think he cares very much that does not mean he will succeed in putting a decent product on the field

On the same token, I would take dockery/walker over green

Don't be surprised if we get another decade of it. Ralph has taken care of his health for years and has plenty of money for the best care a man can buy. And I wish him as many years as he can have. We might not be happy with the team now but I would be hard pressed to not admire what Ralph has done in his life. A lot more than I have.

Health aside, by the way he was helped from the game by 2 aids, he doesn't give a !@#$ about the fans. I care what he has done with this football team.

Not for the money we paid dockery/walker. The money dockery got was just insane. The one time wilson spent money, and it was a huge blunder. At least when green is finally gone, it wasn't such a costly mistake that it set us back.

Green signing obviously didn't work, but was nowhere as stupid as making dockery one of the highest paid players on the team.

Agree

I must be corrected. It was in 2008 when we lost to all our division rivals both time.

That is very nicely put. A business man like Wilson knows how to make money. Football is a business that has become more than just a sport - it has taken root in people and when it does, and the fan is born, reason and sense have little chance. People have a hard time not supporting this team - even if they hate what it has become. But, Wilson acknowldedges that emotional vulnerability of the fanbase and HE TAKES ADVANTAGE OF HIS TEAMS FANS, swindling them out of a team worthy of their continued support. IF FANS ORGANIZED LIKE A UNION - ESPECIALLY BILLS FANS - AND COLLECTIVELY DECIDED TO STOP SUPPORTING A TEAM THAT DOESN'T HAVE WINNING AS ITS TOP PRIORITY - WE COULD FORCE A CHANGE. I'd love to see some collective statement made by the Bills fanbase!

Do you people really think that Ralph doesn't care about the fans and that he doesn't want this team to get better? If building a football team is as easy as the fans here think, every team would be playoff caliber every season.

IF RALPH ONLY CARED ABOUT MAKING MONEY AND NOT ABOUT BUFFALO AND THE FANS, HE WOULD HAVE MOVED THE TEAM OUT OF BUFFALO ALONG TIME AGO

Do you people really think that Ralph doesn't care about the fans and that he doesn't want this team to get better? If building a football team is as easy as the fans here think, every team would be playoff caliber every season.

IF RALPH ONLY CARED ABOUT MAKING MONEY AND NOT ABOUT BUFFALO AND THE FANS, HE WOULD HAVE MOVED THE TEAM OUT OF BUFFALO ALONG TIME AGO

It doesn't take 11 years to build a team. See: Miami. See: Jets. See: Paytoilets.

Ralph Wilson is the most incompetent, addled, uselsess owner in the history of professional sports. I'd rather have Norman Braman, a degenerate gambler, at his prime of ineptitude as the owner than this bum.