K.Williams - most under rated player in the NFL

Thoner7

From Kawika Mitchell's tweeter account or whatever

"Thought Fitz was fightin out there today. Runnin like crazy. Takin shots down the field. 95 is always playin. Most underrated player n NFL "

Considering no one ever talks about him nationally, or how a lot of posters on this board thinks he is a B rate player, I certainly agree. People forget that the NFL coaches put him into the PB last year as an alternate. He has been routinely double teamed for the alst 2 1/2 years - before schobel when he was here.

Mitchell isnt the best player in the league but he is(was) in the meeting/film room watching every play. And im sure he knows a lot more than any of us.

Those who doubt KW needs to wise up.

Three comments from Darryl Talley's Twitter:

"Synopsis: 95's the only one on D playing with a motor. Otherwise they don't have the personnel to play that defense & gotta draft for them."

"95 needs a supporting cast. Draft around him next year."

"95. The only boy playing worth a f**k." - Thurman agreed with this on his page too.

I would definitely have to agree, and like you pointed out, Dwan Edwards has been making some plays and showing great hustle. Another thing that Talley pointed out is that this team needs a big time playmaker on D....something many of us have been clamoring for. Just having Clay Matthews or James Harrison at OLB would be an instant upgrade to the entire D. The mismatches those players create wreak havoc on offensive gameplans.

OK... yeah, he's underrated. Yeah, he leaves it all out there. He's a blue collar guy and ya gotta love him. Is he the best option at NT? Yeah, right now. But, he's a starting NT on the worst defense in the NFL... and probably one of the worst ever. He's no better than a good back up at NT on a good team. Benchmark him against a Pat Williams or Ted Washington in their prime. He ain't even in their league.

I dare say there aren't more than four players on this team that would start on any other NFL team and I'd be 'spot on'... and two of the four I have in mind are the punter and kicker. Kyle Williams ain't one of the other two.

I like him a lot. Our dline is looking decent with him and edwards... stroud is unfortunatly not being consistant and our LBs are struggleing. It sucks that so much of this team needs work. All the crappy players on this team are holding our good players like williams back.

And spencer johnson in there is like playing with 10 men.. If stroud cant go, I wanna see carrington out there.

I'm pretty quick these days to spout off on this team - simply because I'm so fed up with watching them be pushed and shoved around for three hours a Sunday - I literally enjoyed football more in the offseason!

But, to the point - K. Williams is pretty good. I think he'd be much better on a team like Baltimore, where he could line up next to a space eating, run stuffing DT. On a team like Baltimore, Houston, Minnesota, or even Indy, he'd probably be a pro-bowler regularly.

Our whole defense looks terrible right now. It's amazing how one missed assignment, or missed tackle, can turn an otherwise good play on defense into a terrible one. That seems to be the case with us all the time. We look absolutely terrible, yet little things done correctly could make us quite a bit better. Still, there are some things that we just can't do.

Our linebackers aren't good enough for this system. Maybe Moats and Batten will turn into something. Poz? I don't even know about him anymore. Our linebackers are being exploited - we know what the other team is going to do, and they know where to go at us, and we still can't stop them. A monster OLB who could get to the QB and a DE who could get into the backfield - like Bruce did - without having to send extra blitzers, would make the rest of the defense look much, much better.

Trouble is, that is two once in a draft type players - both of which would be first rounders, and we still need to get first round quality QB and LT!

If we got really lucky with our draft spots it would still probably take us two years to be competitive. I do think, unlike some people have suggested, that the right four or five guys could turn this team around. Trouble is, we'd have to have a GM and owner who wanted it bad enough to go after it at any cost. There always seems to be teams that want the right guys more than we do, or who can identify them better than we can.

From Kawika Mitchell's tweeter account or whatever

"Thought Fitz was fightin out there today. Runnin like crazy. Takin shots down the field. 95 is always playin. Most underrated player n NFL "

Considering no one ever talks about him nationally, or how a lot of posters on this board thinks he is a B rate player, I certainly agree. People forget that the NFL coaches put him into the PB last year as an alternate. He has been routinely double teamed for the alst 2 1/2 years - before schobel when he was here.

Mitchell isnt the best player in the league but he is(was) in the meeting/film room watching every play. And im sure he knows a lot more than any of us.

Those who doubt KW needs to wise up.

Talley and Thurman raved about him on their twitter posts as well...

He's our best player on defense (maybe not saying a whole lot, but still) even though he's playing out of position. I was initially upset with Kyle Williams and Chris Kelsay's contract extensions a few years ago. I'm glad at least one of them changed my mind.

Edited by earthtobrint

I'm pretty quick these days to spout off on this team - simply because I'm so fed up with watching them be pushed and shoved around for three hours a Sunday - I literally enjoyed football more in the offseason!

But, to the point - K. Williams is pretty good. I think he'd be much better on a team like Baltimore, where he could line up next to a space eating, run stuffing DT. On a team like Baltimore, Houston, Minnesota, or even Indy, he'd probably be a pro-bowler regularly.

Our whole defense looks terrible right now. It's amazing how one missed assignment, or missed tackle, can turn an otherwise good play on defense into a terrible one. That seems to be the case with us all the time. We look absolutely terrible, yet little things done correctly could make us quite a bit better. Still, there are some things that we just can't do.

Our linebackers aren't good enough for this system. Maybe Moats and Batten will turn into something. Poz? I don't even know about him anymore. Our linebackers are being exploited - we know what the other team is going to do, and they know where to go at us, and we still can't stop them. A monster OLB who could get to the QB and a DE who could get into the backfield - like Bruce did - without having to send extra blitzers, would make the rest of the defense look much, much better.

Trouble is, that is two once in a draft type players - both of which would be first rounders, and we still need to get first round quality QB and LT!

If we got really lucky with our draft spots it would still probably take us two years to be competitive. I do think, unlike some people have suggested, that the right four or five guys could turn this team around. Trouble is, we'd have to have a GM and owner who wanted it bad enough to go after it at any cost. There always seems to be teams that want the right guys more than we do, or who can identify them better than we can.

good post

K Williams is an above average player but NT is not his position- go back to the 4-3 ALEX CARRINGTON LE, TORELL TROUP DT, K WILLIAMS DT, CHRIS ELLIS RE and Kelsay,Stroud, D Edwards, Maybin as rotational players- not great but better than what they have now.

All due respect but did you watch the Jet game? Yes KW played hard - always does. But he was muscled off the line on almost every snap. They pounded the middle and did most of the cutbacks his way. Put him at DE and play Troup. Kyle is not a NT.

Edited by Green Lightning

All due respect but did you watch the Jet game? Yes KW played hard - always does. But he was muscled off the line on almost every snap. They pounded the middle and did most of the cutbacks his way. Put him at DE and play Troup. Kyle is not a NT.

Agreed...when everyone was yelling for a 3-4 and 3-4 coach etc.....last year, my response was always why? We have NO personnel for the 3-4 and this team currently is the least capable team in the league for a 3-4. Why not go back to a 4-3. We at least had a defense last year that created turnovers. This defense is putrid. It is not getting any better this year or next year without about 4 more players for the front 7.

KW is a good DT in a 4-3....he is NOT a NT

Yet John Parrella went on to play 10 more years with the Raidaas and Chargers. What's your point?

exactly, he got cut from buffalo because he didn't have his crap together, not that he was a bad player. Marv and Polian did him a favor by letting him go and it served as a wakeup call

Do not confuse extremely effort and a ton of grit for production. Kyle Williams is an average player who rarely makes plays. Granted, he's being asked to do something he is almost physically incapable of doing because of his size, but he simply does not make enough plays. You notice him because he is working his ass off, and you have to give him credit for that because he works harder than anyone on the team. But that is like saying Dick Jauron is a good coach because the players totally respect and love him, that stuff AND being a good coach makes you a good coach. It alone does not. Williams' effort combined with production would make him the most underrated player in the league. Right now he's getting killed.

And some NT, if they are just taking up space and taking up two blockers they are completely doing their jobs well. But that has to be at the LOS plugging up the middle. Williams is not doing that at all. Plus, to me at least, when you see him working his ass off and fighting off two guys he actually ends up beating them, or breaking free. Too bad it's too late. He'd be better off just holding them off right at the LOS like he's supposed to do.