MLB Playoffs Set To Go

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone says Lee is totally unhittable (which he sure looks like) but if the Giants do the unthinkable and somehow get to him tonight it would be a sweet start. It'll also be cool for us Giants fans in WNY to catch their radio PBP guy, the great Jon Miller, on local radio. Giants in 6!!!!

That's been one of the best things of being a Giants fan the past couple of years out here. Listening to Jon Miller on the radio. I still almost like sports better on the radio than TV. Baseball is perfect on the radio. You hear the announcer "it's a long fly ball to deep center field, he's going back, back, to the track, to the wall and he.......................makes the catch!!" On TV you see almost from the crack of the bat that the outfielder is going to catch it. Radio rocks!

That's been one of the best things of being a Giants fan the past couple of years out here. Listening to Jon Miller on the radio. I still almost like sports better on the radio than TV. Baseball is perfect on the radio. You hear the announcer "it's a long fly ball to deep center field, he's going back, back, to the track, to the wall and he.......................makes the catch!!" On TV you see almost from the crack of the bat that the outfielder is going to catch it. Radio rocks!

Yup, another reason I love baseball. Watching on TV is great, and being there is even better. But, there is very little dropoff when listening on the radio. It's the perfect radio sport. I won't even try to listen to the Sabres on the radio because RJ never tells you what the game situation is. I listened in part to at least 160 of the 171 games the Yankees played this year. It's music to my ears and the soundtrack to my summer.

I would LOVE to have Jon Miller as my play by play guy. I could listen to him read the phone book, he's so good.

Yup, another reason I love baseball. Watching on TV is great, and being there is even better. But, there is very little dropoff when listening on the radio. It's the perfect radio sport. I won't even try to listen to the Sabres on the radio because RJ never tells you what the game situation is. I listened in part to at least 160 of the 171 games the Yankees played this year. It's music to my ears and the soundtrack to my summer.

I would LOVE to have Jon Miller as my play by play guy. I could listen to him read the phone book, he's so good.

I remember listening to someone old time announcer saying that he kept an egg timer nearby and everytime the sand ran out he gave the count and the score.

I remember listening to someone old time announcer saying that he kept an egg timer nearby and everytime the sand ran out he gave the count and the score.

When I was a kid (wait, I still am!), I would listen to Phillies' games on the radio (1210 WCAU). I had to hold the tuning dial and put my foot on the refrigerator to get the dulcet tones of Harry Kalas and Richie Ashburn. Olean is a long way from Philly. It's not the same as walking to school in the snow uphill (bothways!), but that was a hardship kids will never know.

"Swing and a long drive. There it is. Number 500! The career 500th home run for Michael, Jack, Schmidt!"

All right. Let's get it started.

I agree you have one of the best with Jon Miller. He worked for the Rangers in the past.

I made a point to mute the tv on the final strike to A Rod and listened to my guy Eric Nadel.

Already did. I'm against more stoners but might like to indulge every now and then and with my line of work I can't take the chance as things are. Thirty-five years ago I could only hoped.

Wait....WHAT?

Not to hijack this thread, but YOU voted for the legalization of marijuana?

I only caught the game in bits and pieces as I was at the Sixers-Heat game. Were the Giants just tagging Lee all night or was it just a 5th inning meltdown?