What's the worst day in Buffalo Bills history???

wil1226

Wide right, the Music City Miracle, any of the other Super Bowl losses.....

After what we've been through as fans for the past ten years those distant memories are reminders of success.

For me the worst day in Buffalo Bills history has to be the day Ralph fired Bill Polian.

One can only imagine what could have been if Mr Polian was still in charge here.

So frustrating!!!!

What's your opinion?

Edited by wil1226

I completely disagree with you guys. Wide Right isn't the low point. It has to be 52-17. Here's why:

The Bills were a fantastic team who played to the wire and lost by a foot. There was still some pride left after that defeat, hard to take, yes, but they could walk off hte field heads held high.

After getting run out of the stadium by Dallas, that was horrific. Never felt lower as a Bills fan in my life after that one...

The absolute worst day in Buffalo Bills history was February 4, 1993. There is no darker day than that. That day was the highlight of the Ralph Wilson stupidity.

Wide right was the most heart-wrenching but this day was the beginning of the organization's downfall.

The worst day in Buffalo Bills history was the day we lost the 4th SB.

Remember?

The Dallas Cowboys were playing like s**t. 3rd quarter. Bills have the lead. Bills driving with the ball. Kelly hands off the ball to Thurman Thomas. Leon Lett of the Cowboys barely touches the ball and Thurman fumbles. James Washington of the Cowboys picks up the ball and runs it into the end zone for a TD.

Had Thurman Thomas hung onto the ball we would have scored thus further demoralizing the Dallas Cowboys.

I guarantee: The Buffalo Bills would have WON that SB were it not for Thurman.

Then wide right, the loss to the Redskins, and 52-17 would have been forgotten.

The Vince Lombardi trophy would have come to Buffalo, New York.

I completely disagree with you guys. Wide Right isn't the low point. It has to be 52-17. Here's why:

The Bills were a fantastic team who played to the wire and lost by a foot. There was still some pride left after that defeat, hard to take, yes, but they could walk off hte field heads held high.

After getting run out of the stadium by Dallas, that was horrific. Never felt lower as a Bills fan in my life after that one...

I agree, the 52-17 throbbing was much worse than wide right. Thurman seemed to give up and who can forget the missing helmet?

The day the Bills traded for Rob Johnson (for Fred Taylor.). It set the franchise into a 13 year tailspin which kind of goes along with the Bill Polian firing.

Losing a super bowl by missing a long field goal isn't even in the top ten in my book.

The forward latteral and XXVI was much worse.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

The worst day in Buffalo Bills history was the day we lost the 4th SB.

Remember?

The Dallas Cowboys were playing like s**t. 3rd quarter. Bills have the lead. Bills driving with the ball. Kelly hands off the ball to Thurman Thomas. Leon Lett of the Cowboys barely touches the ball and Thurman fumbles. James Washington of the Cowboys picks up the ball and runs it into the end zone for a TD.

Had Thurman Thomas hung onto the ball we would have scored thus further demoralizing the Dallas Cowboys.

I guarantee: The Buffalo Bills would have WON that SB were it not for Thurman.

Then wide right, the loss to the Redskins, and 52-17 would have been forgotten.

The Vince Lombardi trophy would have come to Buffalo, New York.

Agreed. I felt good about that Georgia Dome game, especially after the first half. Watching the Bills give them the win by turning the ball over was brutal. You also kind of knew, that after 4 years, that the window was nearly closed for that group of guys. After wide right, I don't think there was any doubt that the Bills were the best team in the AFC and that they would get another shot.

Same with Home Run Throwback. You could see the qb controversy developing before that game, and Wade Phillips was coach so you could sense that team, while loaded with defensive talent, had had it's shot(remember the year before, when Flutie fumbled on the goal line in Miami?). Different than wide right, Home Run Throwback was such an unlikely way to lose the game. Missing a 47 yd field goal happens fairly regularly and was merely the last reason the Bills lost that game, not the only reason. I actually have to choke back vomit when I think about that Mark Ingram play where pretty much the entire D had a chance to tackle him before he got the first down.

The team bites right now, but while these recent losses are bad (Patriots many times, last week, MNF disasters, vs. Steelers with playoffs on the line, etc), they kind of feel comical in comparison to the high stakes games of the dynasty years. When I watched the 90's teams lose in the playoffs, I always felt like they'd lost a heroic battle. Since then, the losses feel like watching a clown riding circles on a unicycle while getting hit in the face and crotch with pies.