TO is on pace for 96 catches and 1496 yards (15.6 ypc)

the defender fell down on an underthrown ball. TO's skills had nothing to do with that. Besides he is clearly the answer to Cincy's problems on offense. So much so that the team is losing. Yep, we should have kept him. <_<

Um, they're 2-2. The Bills are 0-4. Re: odd catches here and there, every good receiver gets them.

His first 3 games:

7 rec 53 yds

3 rec 57 yds

4 rec 42 yds

When you have more yards in one game than you had in the first three, it'll throw the pace totally off. Don't those first 3 look pretty similar to what he got here in Buffalo?

His first 3 games:

7 rec 53 yds

3 rec 57 yds

4 rec 42 yds

When you have more yards in one game than you had in the first three, it'll throw the pace totally off. Don't those first 3 look pretty similar to what he got here in Buffalo?

Who cares, I haven't looked, but I assume those numbers would still lead the Bills

Edited by Endless Ike

When TO left town most people knew he could still play at a high level. The guy is incredible really. The decision not to sign him maybe made sense anyway since we are rebuilding and he is of greatest value to a team that can contend for something.

BTW, two things: 1) the DB fell because he is much smaller and not as physical as TO, and 2) if Carson Palmer was playing like he was before his injury, TO's #s would be even be even better.

His first 3 games:

7 rec 53 yds

3 rec 57 yds

4 rec 42 yds

Every receiver has good or bad games that skew statistics one way or the other. The truth of the matter is that over four games, he has 24 catches for 374 yards.

Is TO the answer to our woes? No? Then who cares? I don't think he's washed up, I think in 2009 he was the victim of an inept offense and sometimes his concentration lacked because of it, and I think he can help a good team get better in 2010. He was a good teammate and a good Buffalo Bill in the midst of a miserable era.

But for the 2010 Bills and beyond he is virtually worthless. By the time the team is good enough to properly utilize him he will likely be washed up.

Whether or not Owens will catch 100 balls for 1500 yards is irrelevant. What is absolutely proven is that he was head-to-head a better player than Lee Evans.

Which is sad, really. A street free agent that no other teams wanted was better than your 10 million dollar man.

And, he actually cares whether his teams win or lose, which is something Lee Evans will never do.

Whether or not Owens will catch 100 balls for 1500 yards is irrelevant. What is absolutely proven is that he was head-to-head a better player than Lee Evans.

Which is sad, really. A street free agent that no other teams wanted was better than your 10 million dollar man.

And, he actually cares whether his teams win or lose, which is something Lee Evans will never do.

This is all spot on.

HE obviously still has some gas in the tank. He will have a nice little season in Cincinnati. Even though he is in his decline, he might still get more yards this season than Lee Evans ever got/will get in his best season.

I think it's pretty safe to say he's better than Steve Johnson, too.

+1

His first 3 games:

7 rec 53 yds

3 rec 57 yds

4 rec 42 yds

Fine, take week 4 out. He's still on pace for 75 catches - 810 yds... As a #2 receiver ...

Lee Evans, our star WR, is on pace for 40 catches and 376 yards, oh and 0 TDs. As our #1 WR.

#2 Steve Johnson - 48/672/8

#3 Roscoe Parrish - 40/636/4

#4 David Nelson - 28/388/0

So...

Lee Evans is about as good as somewhere between our 3rd and 4th string WRs. At least according to stats.

Reality is, he's not good enough to get open against our opponents best/better CBs. I don't think our other three guys either, but at least when they match up against the other CBs they get open sometimes.

Edited by Dorkington