Is This the Worst team You've Ever Seen?

I live in Colorado and went to a sports bar today. When folks at the bar discovered I was a Bills fan, they just kind of gave me that sideways look, like, hmmmm, I feel sorry for you dude. A bartender asked me what my team was. i told him I was a Bills fan and that it was going to be a looong year. He replied, and this is no lie, "It's been a long decade sir . . . "

After that junk in the first half, I simply turned my chair around, and put my back to the screen showing my hometown team. I couldn't stomach it any more.

I thought to myself, this team would get lit up by Detroit. Cleveland looks better, St. Louis looks much better. Then, I thought, even the 0-16 Detroit team of a couple of years ago didn't look like this. The Bills horrific teams of the 70s and mid 80s didn't look like this either. It then dawned on me: This is the worst team I have ever seen in 30 years of watching football. There's no getting around it any further.

Can we please fast forward, like with an Adam Sandler remote control in "Click" to April and get our #1 overall pick? This junk is making me sick, and getting downright embarrassing to any fan and the city of Buffalo. Ralph Wilson hasn't had a clue his whole life on how to run an NFL franchise. The great Superbowl teams were a fluke. It was dumb luck and having Bill Polian to run the show. It was like the old tale of: if you have a monkey banging away at a keyboard infinitely, eventually the monkey will play Beethoven compositions.

This IS the worst team I have ever seen, period.

Edited by BenchBledsoe

Sadly, I think you're right. I wanted to believe it wasn't true going into the season, but it's true. When have you ever heard of a team cutting their starting QB after week 3? That should give us an indication of just how bad things are.

BTW, I find your username completely appropriate for this conversation. I bet you'd LOVE to have Bledsoe back at this point.

Edited by Dr. Fong

I said in in the other thread when the OP was asking older fans if this was the low point, I said yes. I said dont underestimate this 2010 squad for futility. The Jags, some were counting on beating just be the Colts, the Browns team we were thinking win against the bengals(and took the ravens to wire), KC is undefeated. The Lions lost by 2 the Pack. This front office is about to cap an 11 year playoff drought cake with possibly a 1-15 or 0-16 team cherry on the top. Eat up Bills fans.

Yes. Lowest point for me and i'm not even a veteran fan. Only been here 23 years. Some of you guys have seen quite a bit more. I'm not bitching tho, things are bound to get better...eventually. Might take more time than i anticipated. Ah well that's life. Strap up those chin straps fans. Get ready for a rocky road ahead and persevere. Those that can't hang might be left by the way side.

Wow, how soon we forgot 2001. Is this the worst yet? Could be but we're no where done tallying the years output.

1968, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1984, 1985 were all very bleak years as well, as were a number of other as well.

1967-1971 was about the worst things could be for a 5 year period.

This is the most embarrassing team that I can remember. It actually made me long for the Donahoe days where we had some excitement... and it's so bad that it's making me grow to appreciate Dick/Fewell more... how on earth were they almost competitive with essentially the same team??

I live in Colorado and went to a sports bar today. When folks at the bar discovered I was a Bills fan, they just kind of gave me that sideways look, like, hmmmm, I feel sorry for you dude. A bartender asked me what my team was. i told him I was a Bills fan and that it was going to be a looong year. He replied, and this is no lie, "It's been a long decade sir . . . "

After that junk in the first half, I simply turned my chair around, and put my back to the screen showing my hometown team. I couldn't stomach it any more.

I thought to myself, this team would get lit up by Detroit. Cleveland looks better, St. Louis looks much better. Then, I thought, even the 0-16 Detroit team of a couple of years ago didn't look like this. The Bills horrific teams of the 70s and mid 80s didn't look like this either. It then dawned on me: This is the worst team I have ever seen in 30 years of watching football. There's no getting around it any further.

Can we please fast forward, like with an Adam Sandler remote control in "Click" to April and get our #1 overall pick? This junk is making me sick, and getting downright embarrassing to any fan and the city of Buffalo. Ralph Wilson hasn't had a clue his whole life on how to run an NFL franchise. The great Superbowl teams were a fluke. It was dumb luck and having Bill Polian to run the show. It was like the old tale of: if you have a monkey banging away at a keyboard infinitely, eventually the monkey will play Beethoven compositions.

Yes

Early to say the worst, but at this point the most annoying.

What we are experiencing is a Dick Levy hangover. This team was built upon rbs, defensive backs and gadget players (with a couple of one trick ponies). What pisses me off is that although 15 yards from scrimage don't grow on trees, Nix saw fit to forego the positions that count and draft Spiller. Do you realize that we have no less than 3 PLAYERS who we selected with our first pick whose best attribute is returning kicks? The selection of Spiller was an indication that the idiocy woill not end.

Good teams come at you on the LOS. We unleash our little gadget players and cross our fingers. We draft players such as McKelvin at #11, and pretend that he is, or ever will be a "shutdown" corner.

It is an ugly, sad situation but the Bills are ours. I will be up there next week and will never stop wanting them to win. Could winning ever be possible with Mr. Wilson butting in? Probably not, but again, they are OUR team.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a hard time thinking they are the worst ever. They may draft first but winless is not easy to accomplish.

Switching to a 4-3 would probably win them 2 games. They are completely incapable of running a 3-4. I mean: They may not have a single player playing in position on the front 7 in the 3-4.

What Bill said is true. This season is chickens coming home to roost. Next season will be too. The Spiller pick was terrible--not because Spiller is bad but because it was the last thing the Bills needed. McClain would have helped the Bills in a position of need if the O and D line picks available weren't good enough. Bah. That was yesterday.

Edited by Peace

The only team that I can think of in the over 40 years I have been watching the NFL is the expansion Buccaneers, but other than that I can't think of any teams that were worse. The 0-16 Lions of a couple years ago, had more talent than we do, and weren't any worse than us, in fact I would say they were a more competitive team. It will be interesting to see how the Bills screw up the #1 overall pick in the 2011 draft. It really isn't any mystery why Shanahan, Cowher, or any other real coaches won't come here.

Edited by billsfreak