You really have to be kidding me...

yeah, so abortion would becone illegal, gays would be hung in the streets, the church would rule our every move, and the rich good old boys would just get richer.

sounds like a great place to me.

150369[/snapback]

It is so heartening to know that to some people the ability to have an abortion is the single most important component to a good government. How stupid of the founding fathers not to put it in the bill of rights.

It is also unlikely that gays would be hung in the streets. Most of the red state voters are in suburbira and "exburbia" now. The streets in these areas do not have lamp posts, telephone poles and such. Most of the wires are underground. There is an occasional tree for decoration but it would not be practical to overuse these trees.

On a serious note, if you believe the stevestojan that you type, you ought to try observing the real world a little more closely. Classifying half of the population as murderous thugs is not only ignorant, it is irresponsible. Grow up.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I could have a Christmas party, my kids could sing Christmas carols,

That's wierd cuz I just went to a Christmas party last weekend.

And my kids are already planning thier caroling trip.

The only person stopping you from doing the same is you.

And we're chastised for OUR intolerance?

152039[/snapback]

EXACTLY what I was alluding to in my post above...how the rest of the world can carry a multitude of bad personal habits around....but Americans are the ones who are "Ugly".

If I were ever to travel Western Europe, Id display my American heritage proudly...and if anybody from a former Allied Country had anything to say about it...remind them that s/he'd be speaking German or Japanese if not for the "Ugly Americans" and if anybody in a former Axis Country had anything to say about it...remind them that we kicked their ass AND if not for us, still wouldnt have indoor plumbing and an economy based on more than rice and beer. That would shut their pieholes RIGHT up.

EXACTLY what I was alluding to in my post above...how the rest of the world can carry a multitude of bad personal habits around....but Americans are the ones who are "Ugly".

If I were ever to travel Western Europe, Id display my American heritage proudly...and if anybody from a former Allied Country had anything to say about it...remind them that s/he'd be speaking German or Japanese if not for the "Ugly Americans" and if anybody in a former Axis Country had anything to say about it...remind them that we kicked their ass AND if not for us, still wouldnt have indoor plumbing and an economy based on more than rice and beer. That would shut their pieholes RIGHT up.

152219[/snapback]

Or get you hospitalized. :blink:

Wait...I thought the progressive Western Europe is so tolerant and educated and above such thuggish behavior and bigotry and violence like the Ugly Americans expouse!

No?

152228[/snapback]

If you were screwed half as much by our government as they are by their's, you'd look for some reason to take out your frustration too.

People are people, pretty much everywhere. That's why it's so easy to manipulate them.

If you were screwed half as much by our government as they are by their's, you'd look for some reason to take out your frustration too.

People are people, pretty much everywhere.  That's why it's so easy to manipulate them.

152233[/snapback]

Exactly my point, ma man.

We're ALL "Ugly" in some way.

Tom's particularly ugly.

152219[/snapback]

Your comment just gave a perfect example of what the "ugly american" term means. Quite interesting.

Luckily for europeans, with the dollar falling faster than an anchor, less and less of the ugly americans can afford to go visit europe.

Your comment just gave a perfect example of what the "ugly american" term means.  Quite interesting.

Luckily for europeans, with the dollar falling faster than an anchor,  less and less of the ugly americans can afford to go visit europe.

152370[/snapback]

I wouldn't say it's lucky. Tourism dollars are a big part of the European economy.

Exactly my point, ma man.

We're ALL "Ugly" in some way.

Tom's particularly ugly.

152238[/snapback]

You sort of missed the point of my post. I wasn't talking about the natives.

Which is cool with me. Just make sure you leave the airport ten minutes ahead of me. :devil:;):blink:

Your comment just gave a perfect example of what the "ugly american" term means.  Quite interesting.

Luckily for europeans, with the dollar falling faster than an anchor,  less and less of the ugly americans can afford to go visit europe.

152370[/snapback]

Wait...Im not talking about popping off at a European unprovoked. Im saying if I go into a hostel or restaurant and my backpack happens to have an American Flag on it...or even just something else that would lead the European to believe Im an American...and I get bad service and cursed at, #1, thats OK and #2, I should not say anything back or do anything lest I be branded an "Ugly American"?

Quite interesting, indeed.

Quite interesting how the Americans are held to a double standard compared to the rest of the world, including Western Europe with all their bad habits.

I am an American and very proud of it. I am backpacking Western Europe in Feb/March and going Eastern Europe in October/November. I will be very respectful and knowledable of each culture but I will definatly proudly admit to being an American if asked. Tough if they dont like it. I appreciate opposing views if they are intelligent and respectful and will reciprocrate. But I will have zero tolerance for people giving me sh-- because my country of origan is the United States. Um does Marshall Plan ring a bell ingrates? That is pathetic that Americans claim to be Canadian. Whomever does that makes me sick

I am an American and very proud of it.  I am backpacking Western Europe in Feb/March and going Eastern Europe in October/November.  I will be very respectful and knowledable of each culture but I will definatly proudly admit to being an American if asked.  Tough if they dont like it.  I appreciate opposing views if they are intelligent and respectful and will reciprocrate.  But I will have zero tolerance for people giving me sh-- because my country of origan is the United States.  Um does Marshall Plan ring a bell ingrates?  That is pathetic that Americans claim to be Canadian.  Whomever does that makes me sick

152747[/snapback]

And you will find pretty well that that won't be a problem. People are people. You are more likely to find yourself in a beer drinking contest in Germany, than having a problem

But outside of taking a backpack trip in February (weather), you have a lot of sense to know where and what. Some of these people here live in Nintendo Land.

And you will find pretty well that that won't be a problem. People are people. You are more likely to find yourself in a beer drinking contest in Germany, than having a problem

But outside of taking a backpack trip in February (weather), you have a lot of sense to know where and what. Some of these people here live in Nintendo Land.

152764[/snapback]

LOL Feb will be cold but it worked out best for me with work. I think it will be cool to see some of those places buried in snow. I mean Praque must be gorgeous when its snow covered. I will be able to make Carnival in Nice which is bonus for Feb travel. Airline tickets and hostels will be cheaper since it off season. I wont have to wait in huge lines for museums and sights. It will be a purer experience because I will meet mostly locals. Definately some advantages for Feb travel but I am an optimist. If I were a pessismist I could list dozens of deterrents for Feb travel.....