Troup and Carrington Suck

Torell Troup got absolutely BLOWED UP by Mangold today. Check out the Tomlinson TD run if you TiVoed the game. NFL Nose Tackles are not supposed to get pushed around like that. The decision to go with 310 pounder instead of a 350-lb mountain looks like a bad one. Predictably.

Will have to watch more of Carrington's snaps, but saw him get run at quite a bit today as well.

I know, it's very early with these guys. But you have to understand that when 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder defenders suck out the the gate, it tends to be a very bad sign. For every Bruce Smith, there's 25 other defensive players who looked bad as rookies and had terrible NFL careers.

Also,PFT post about all of the contributions decent teams are getting from 2010 draft picks should make you wonder about these 2 guys who can't contribute on our horrible team:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/02/2010-draft-class-is-living-up-to-the-hype-early/?related=1

Cut them already!!!!!!!!

Point is, all of you people who expected different results with Tom Modrak still heading the scounting department are crazy.

So if part of your "Bills are contenders in 2012" logic was based on huge play from Troup and Carrington, you need to have a fundamental reassess.

This thread is gonna get a bunch of "already?" type responses, but it's true. we rarely get contributions from our 1-3 round picks early in their careers. And really if they don't contribute in year one or two, the chances they ever will are slim. Carrington and Troup certainly have not made a difference at all. Hell I haven't seen either one make a tackle yet (I know carrington was just activated this week, but is that really an excuse?). The only rookies who make an impact on our team consistently are UDFA.

Point is, all of you people who expected different results with Tom Modrak still heading the scounting department are crazy.

So if part of your "Bills are contenders in 2012" logic was based on huge play from Troup and Carrington, you need to have a fundamental reassess.

What?? They are awful, cut them now!!

Most of the players they are talking about are 1st round picks (inlcuding spiller)... with a handful of mid picks.

These two look like rookies. Can't hate the guys for that. Just hope they actually improve. It isn't like we don't have any good rookies.... we got Nelson and Spiller who have both contributed plenty. Unfortunatly, the team is just bad.

Carrington barely played, saw a lot of time near the end of the 3rd and 4th when the game was out of reach. Spencer Johnson is the guy they were running at. I love how the OP is not even sure what Carrington did, but decided to group him in with Troup.

Maybe if we post that they're right they could stop starting stupid threads. I'm trying different things. :ph34r:

At the very least, rewatch try to watch the Tomlinson TD run and the other snaps when Troup was in the game before calling this thread stupid.

It is extremely disappointing to see the way these guys played today. If you want to blow that off and think it's too early to make any judgment about players, or that it's just natural for rookies to get blown off the ball, etc. go ahead.

Torell Troup got absolutely BLOWED UP by Mangold today. Check out the Tomlinson TD run if you TiVoed the game. NFL Nose Tackles are not supposed to get pushed around like that. The decision to go with 310 pounder instead of a 350-lb mountain looks like a bad one. Predictably.

http://profootballta...arly/?related=1

Torrell Troup - 6'2" 314lbs

Vince Wilfork - 6'2" 325lbs

Aubrayo Franklin - 6'1" 317lbs

Jason Ferguson - 6'3" 310lbs

Casey Hampton - 6'1" 325lbs

Kelly Gregg - 6'0" 320lbs

Jay Ratliff - 6'4" 304lbs

I agree that Troup has gotten pushed around out there and may not end up being a great draft pick, but acting like all you need to do is take the big guy is nonsense.

Carrington barely played, saw a lot of time near the end of the 3rd and 4th when the game was out of reach. Spencer Johnson is the guy they were running at. I love how the OP is not even sure what Carrington did, but decided to group him in with Troup.

The fact that Carrington has been a healthy scratch through 3 weeks and can't get more than 15 snaps in a game when the team is giving up 278 yards on the ground is a pretty good sign about his talent level, though, right?

At the very least, rewatch try to watch the Tomlinson TD run and the other snaps when Troup was in the game before calling this thread stupid.

It is extremely disappointing to see the way these guys played today. If you want to blow that off and think it's too early to make any judgment about players, or that it's just natural for rookies to get blown off the ball, etc. go ahead.

I watched it and Troup looked bad on that play, so? I still think it's stupid to question 2 rookies with only 4 games of experience, but I must be unreasonable here, sorry, waiting for your next great thread.....

Well, it's a pretty safe assumption that the guy sucked if he: (a) wore a Bills uniform; and (b) played defense today.

True, but I'd place a large part of the blame on the defensive players who were on the field for the majority of the plays.

So there are still retards who think 4 games is enough to judge a rookie? Are you one of those fools?