Troup and Carrington Suck

Torell Troup got absolutely BLOWED UP by Mangold today. Check out the Tomlinson TD run if you TiVoed the game. NFL Nose Tackles are not supposed to get pushed around like that. The decision to go with 310 pounder instead of a 350-lb mountain looks like a bad one. Predictably.

Will have to watch more of Carrington's snaps, but saw him get run at quite a bit today as well.

I know, it's very early with these guys. But you have to understand that when 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder defenders suck out the the gate, it tends to be a very bad sign. For every Bruce Smith, there's 25 other defensive players who looked bad as rookies and had terrible NFL careers.

Also,PFT post about all of the contributions decent teams are getting from 2010 draft picks should make you wonder about these 2 guys who can't contribute on our horrible team:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/02/2010-draft-class-is-living-up-to-the-hype-early/?related=1

Yeah..I know! I agree! When I posted how upset I was after the 2008,2009,2010 drafts I got blasted by a few fans for being less than optimistic! If this draft class resembles the draft mentality of the Bills organization/coaches then we are in for more of the same. I tried to rationalize that this group of coaches and management ie: Buddy Nix & Chan Gailey may have had less than an ideal amount of time to prepare for the draft? But, there was scouts and people in positions that should have adequately evalutated talent and shared that information with Nix and Gailey so they could make an informed decison of personnel that they were considering at selection time.

Well if they were well informed, in the loop, and up to date...that is where I am saying we are in trouble because the first 3 picks without trying to analyze the rest of their draft...is severely flawed in multiple respects. I was in shock..and disbelief when we selected C.J. Spiller (no disrespect intended to Spiller..who may be a budding superstar?) But, we had many specific needs in the draft and we did not address any of those with our first round selection. That subject has been hashed out many times, and I will never agree that it was the right pick. He isn't a big enough back to ever be completely dominant RB in the leaugue! For every 20 yard run he has..he'll probably always have 3 or 4 -2 to +2 yard carries. He's a homerun hitter that won't always hit the homerun..just like today! When your QB has more yards than all 3 runningbacks that should tell you something about your selection of a 1st round rb in the previous draft!

I did not like the pick of Troup or Carrington! I studied every piece of information on the draft and had my own mocks draft. My own war room etc...I would have selected Jimmy Claussen in the 2nd round (yes, he may be flawed as a rookie..but he may become a franchise QB ! But T. Edwards won't and he is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God!!

We could've drafted that TE Grankowski that N.England grabbed! How is it that they can evaluate talent and pick well after us every single year and yet their drafted players perform well and ours usually end up cut, traded, or mediocre ie: Donte Whiner.......

I could've screamed when we passed on B. Orakapo and selected A. Maybin when it was so obvious...that Orakapo was the dominant player!!!! Maybin was rated as the 4th best DE that year depending on the source..3-5 ! Yet we picked him over the clearly better player!

My point is that..even if we end up with the 1st pick or 3rd pick in the draft, I can see the Bills outhinking themselves again..and trading down to the 10th-15 spot where they are used to picking and picking a CB or something like that. I think Tom Modrak is part of the problem, and it amazes me that he is still here! Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

How do you rebuild we draftpicks, when you don't have a scouting team that can identify talent? Basically, it's about useless and I am going to go now and find something constructive to do with my time, instead of wasting it on an organization that is not truly committed to getting better!!!

I guess it all starts in an owner who hires the proper people at the top? There is a reason why Bill Polian is successful and as he went so did the Bills. I'll still get excited over the draft, but I know once again that the Bills will still keep doing the same incompetent things they always do, because that's what this Bills organization does!!!!!!! :bag: