I Have Respect For Fitz.

I know that the Bills need a QB but I like the way Fitz plays. I am not saying he is great or anything like that because he's not. What I like about him is he always plays his best and at least he tries to win games.

I'm with you. You could tell the Bills score just by watching TE's posture. When we were down so were his shoulders and head.

The only time Fitz head seems to go down is when he's running into someone.

If he had receivers who could catch, runners who protected the ball, and an OL less porous than Swiss cheese, he'd do fine

Oh, and a D that could stop the other team and get the ball back.

Fitz is the only guy who showed up to play today.

I don't want to hear sh-- about QB until we fix about ten other positions that are currently being played by complete stiffs.

So true, "we could have drafted Clausen", yeah and?

Fitz plays with some fire, several others on this team play with smoke and mirrors...

I don't want to hear sh-- about QB until we fix about ten other positions that are currently being played by complete stiffs.

I think our Tackels are the weak link of the line and the defense has a very long way to go to become just average. Nothing like trying to fit square pegs into round holes. Never liked that Tampa 2 defense that Perry Fewell wanted to run. I think it might take a draft or 2 to get this defense going in the right direction.

Fine, respect him. Just don't start him in the NFL.

I agree with that but what are you going to do now.

Special Olympians try their best and compete with some fire, too.

I don't have any respect for anyone on this godforsaken team.

OK so you don't. So then watch a team that you do respect it's a free country and nobody is holding a gun to your head to watch the Bills

so true. I love the contrast between players on our team. Fitz is serviceable and seems to know that. He 'celebrates' a late TD by clapping his hands together and the look on his face lets anyone watching know he realizes it is a garbage TD. He tried to run a DB over today and generally plays with some gusto. Granted, he is no long term answer....but you have to like that (effort) in anyone on your team....even if his potential is to become just a 'good backup.'

Contrast that with Whitner. He 'celebrates' garbage tackles late in the game by 'stepping over' third string running backs like it means something. That guy is seriously disappointing.

You can't knock Fitz...he is what he is....but at least he tries.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

Fine, respect him. Just don't start him in the NFL.

What exactly was so bad about Fitz today or last week? The guy has guts. Made some nice throws despite having NO time. How many balls were dropped today? And when was the last time you saw a QB taking on defenders head on play after play for an extra yard.

Fitz is one of the few fun things about this team IMO.

We have much bigger issues than having to worry about upgrading Fitz. He's adequate as our starter. There are bigger holes to fill. I don't see why some people get on his case so much. After watching this game, I see some mini black holes at various positions. QB is low priority on the worry-meter. Having a D that can stop a team now and then would be nice to have. Coaching staff needs to work harder on making the most of a not so great situation.

We have much bigger issues than having to worry about upgrading Fitz. He's adequate as our starter. There are bigger holes to fill. I don't see why some people get on his case so much. After watching this game, I see some mini black holes at various positions. QB is low priority on the worry-meter. Having a D that can stop a team now and then would be nice to have. Coaching staff needs to work harder on making the most of a not so great situation.

Concur. Having a D that can stop a team is a "need to have", though.

One thing that seems to keep players focused, if they can't play for professionalism or for pride, is they play for fear.

They don't want to drop balls or fumble or make mistakes even when they're getting blown out, b'cause they're afraid to go back to the locker room if they do.

It was clear players had no fear of Jauron. "There, there. It worked in practice. It's hard to win in the NFL"

From his presser, it seems as though Gailey was angry. Will that translate to accountability and lead to better focus? Stay tuned

(or not - staying tuned = staying turned for my stomach right now)