ESPN Mike & Mike says Edwards will start within 30 days

They are headed more in the direction of sinking that ship than righting it. Just look at the 2010 draft so far.

dude, everybody knows that it takes a few years before you can truly assess the quality of a draft. For all we know, Spiller, Troupe, Easley, Carrington, etc. wiil be pro-bowlers by 2013! :w00t:

They are headed more in the direction of sinking that ship than righting it. Just look at the 2010 draft so far.

I don't know about you, but if you look at our draft we did pretty good. Spiller might not look great now, but not one person doubts this guy. I feel the Bills took the best player on the board, not the best player they needed. Troup will become a decent d-lineman and Wang (who I watched in VT) is going to be better than some may think. This draft was not a draft of now, but a draft for tomorrow. To rebuild is to look ahead not look for today. Let me guess you wanted Tebow or McCoy? I think the Bills might just have a plan to rebuild a team, and they never said that the team would be a contender this year, but give them time.

That was my point Thank you

And clearly all edwards needs is a change of scenary

See Joey Harrington, JP Losman, David Carr ect

Or Steve Young, Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas. Not saying he will be any of these, just saying for the sake of argument.

I don't know about you, but if you look at our draft we did pretty good. Spiller might not look great now, but not one person doubts this guy. I feel the Bills took the best player on the board, not the best player they needed. Troup will become a decent d-lineman and Wang (who I watched in VT) is going to be better than some may think. This draft was not a draft of now, but a draft for tomorrow. To rebuild is to look ahead not look for today. Let me guess you wanted Tebow or McCoy? I think the Bills might just have a plan to rebuild a team, and they never said that the team would be a contender this year, but give them time.

I agree that Spiller will probably turn out at least good (but it was a luxury pick on a team that can't afford luxury picks), but the rest of it you are guessing on. How many of them are even playing besides Spiller? I watched Wang too, almost every game (my daughter just graduated from VT), and I like him too, but he is a project, a converted TE, so that is a crap shoot also. No I didn't want Tebow or McCoy, although passing on Claussen in the second round may turn out to be big mistake. To not address the two biggest and glaring weaknesses at all during the off season shows that they are guessing themselves. That is just it, from their actions since they took over, they clearly do not have a plan in place and are shooting from the hip on almost every move they make.

Or Steve Young, Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas. Not saying he will be any of these, just saying for the sake of argument.

Fair enough but Steve Young was Tampas best player befroe he was traded (he actually recieved an award as their MVP for the previous season when he returned with the 49ers the next season) and then had the luxery of sitting behind a hall a famer and Farve went and played for Holmgren

Dont know enough about Unitas to say anything there

Del Rio is not a QB guru and Garrard isnt about to show Trent the ropes

I agree that Spiller will probably turn out at least good (but it was a luxury pick on a team that can't afford luxury picks), but the rest of it you are guessing on. How many of them are even playing besides Spiller? I watched Wang too, almost every game (my daughter just graduated from VT), and I like him too, but he is a project, a converted TE, so that is a crap shoot also. No I didn't want Tebow or McCoy, although passing on Claussen in the second round may turn out to be big mistake. To not address the two biggest and glaring weaknesses at all during the off season shows that they are guessing themselves. That is just it, from their actions since they took over, they clearly do not have a plan in place and are shooting from the hip on almost every move they make.

No we didn't shore up our biggest weakness of QB. Our other biggest weakness of LT, we have a young lineman who's showing signs of growth. He may be a good one in the future(fingers crossed). He's raw and still makes a bunch of mistakes, but if he continues to get better it looks like he can be quite good. Two regimes think he can be. Again, fingers crossed.

Yeah our QBs suck. I along with many others hoped that an experienced offensive coach could turn the talented but flawed Trent around. Clearly he couldn't and the Bills have already gotten rid of him. This was a good move IMO. There wasn't that many choices for a new QB last year. The free agency had one good QB out there who we tried to get (McNabb) and the rest of the lot was not just bad but REALLY bad. If they didn't like our choices for QB in the draft (Clausen) then what were our options last year?

I disagree completely that that's shooting from the hip. I think that it's just the opposite. To me, they are saying that we have too many holes for us to fix at once. We have only so many draft picks, and only a couple of those are highly likely to pan out, so we'll pick the best player available, period. Meanwhile, we get a chance to evaluate everybody else on the roster first-hand to see what we have. Remember this is almost an entirely new front office and a new coaching staff. Film study only tells you so much. Nothing about attitude, talent ceiling, how coachable a player is, etc.

I think you feel that the risk-reward gambles that they are taking (and must take) are shooting from the hip, and I very much feel that they are not.

No we didn't shore up our biggest weakness of QB. Our other biggest weakness of LT, we have a young lineman who's showing signs of growth. He may be a good one in the future(fingers crossed). He's raw and still makes a bunch of mistakes, but if he continues to get better it looks like he can be quite good. Two regimes think he can be. Again, fingers crossed.

Yeah our QBs suck. I along with many others hoped that an experienced offensive coach could turn the talented but flawed Trent around. Clearly he couldn't and the Bills have already gotten rid of him. This was a good move IMO. There wasn't that many choices for a new QB last year. The free agency had one good QB out there who we tried to get (McNabb) and the rest of the lot was not just bad but REALLY bad. If they didn't like our choices for QB in the draft (Clausen) then what were our options last year?

I disagree completely that that's shooting from the hip. I think that it's just the opposite. To me, they are saying that we have too many holes for us to fix at once. We have only so many draft picks, and only a couple of those are highly likely to pan out, so we'll pick the best player available, period. Meanwhile, we get a chance to evaluate everybody else on the roster first-hand to see what we have. Remember this is almost an entirely new front office and a new coaching staff. Film study only tells you so much. Nothing about attitude, talent ceiling, how coachable a player is, etc.

I think you feel that the risk-reward gambles that they are taking (and must take) are shooting from the hip, and I very much feel that they are not.

Not sure what improvements you are seeing at LT, most don't see it (including myself). McNabb wasn't a free agent, he was traded, and to this day I really doubt that the Bills made any effort to acquire him, that was the media creating stories as usual. Kinda like the 10 million dollars they offered Shanahan-doubt it ever happened. It isn't the risk reward gambles that are shooting from the hip, it is the panic like changes they are making after just a couple weeks. Mini camps, training camp and preseason were useless as the QB, RB, #2 WR and at least one DB was changed after only a week or two into the season? They cut Brown instead of signing him to a practice squad spot, he gets at least two tryouts, gets no offers, then all of a sudden he is good enough to be the #3 QB here? What sense does that make? Sounds like a bunch of unqualifieds not wanting to admit a mistake.

Another sure sign ESPN has no credibility

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/17209/are-22-qbs-better-than-sanchez-henne

31st in the league

A month ago he was the worst starting qb in the league now hes a good starter?

That 100 yard performance in his 4th year starting musta been the convincing evidence

They said he was not a good starter. Another sure sign that the reading comprehension skills of the people on this board are lacking.

Which holes have been fixed? Not the LT or RT hole. Not the tight end hole. Certainly not the quarterback hole. The present crew created a slew of NEW holes by going to the 3-4 without the personnel needed to run it. The 2010 draft did little if anything to fill those holes. If we were going 3-4 it begins with a mammoth nose tackle...we didnt' get it. Tough 3-4 linebackers? we are going with lousy defensive ends being retooled into lousy linebackers. New holes were created at no. 2 receiver, guard (at least depth wise) and defensive end by not keeping what we had. Tell me one hole....ONE...that has been fixed in the present administration?

Saw it on ESPN this morning.

They all agreed,but none of them endorsed Edwards as a good QB.

Actually they showed clips of Edwards being sacked & throwing interceptions...

They just said the Jaquars have a bad situation at QB and will eventually give Edwards a shot.

I just hope that Garrard is horrible this Sunday or that he tweaks a hammy so that Edwards has to start against us. That's the only thing that will make that game even remotely interesting to watch.

Which holes have been fixed? Not the LT or RT hole. Not the tight end hole. Certainly not the quarterback hole. The present crew created a slew of NEW holes by going to the 3-4 without the personnel needed to run it. The 2010 draft did little if anything to fill those holes. If we were going 3-4 it begins with a mammoth nose tackle...we didnt' get it. Tough 3-4 linebackers? we are going with lousy defensive ends being retooled into lousy linebackers. New holes were created at no. 2 receiver, guard (at least depth wise) and defensive end by not keeping what we had. Tell me one hole....ONE...that has been fixed in the present administration?

Exactly, they took over a team with as many holes as any other team in the league if not more, and all they did was create more holes. They didn't address any of them. This team wasn't equipped to switch to a 3-4, they had zero players who fit that scheme up front-and still have zero. The new regime has taken a sinking team and tied sandbags to it's feet to make it sink faster. The 2010 draft was a joke, they addressed zero needs that this team had. Alright, we got the best running back available, but we won't see that because there is no line to block for him, so other rookies (Matthews, Best) will outperform him by a mile. Besides, having two 1,000 yard rushers on the roster with multiple years left on their contracts wasn't good enough, but keeping the NFL's worst offensive line intact was? So far the Nix/Gailey regime is a joke, just like this entire franchise is in the eyes of the rest of the country.

Edited by billsfreak

What I meant to type was that I hope the Bills do win, my mistake, which is why I said read the whole sentence. I guess my frustrations with this franchise not even trying to win has me not even being able to type. Although if they don't win, I do feel the same about hoping Edwards does good. I have never in over 40 years hoped the Bills would lose, even if it was to get a better draft pick like some people do.

Guess it's a good thing I read further down the thread before I posted, eh? :flirt:

Billsfreak, are you related to Trent or something? Why the fug would you want Trent to come in here and light it up as a Jag? and don't tell me about the car mechanic example...I'm as frustrated with this team as you are, but I'm not going to throw the Nix/Gailey tandem under the bus until they've had a reasonable amount of time to right the ship.

Trent can suck it.

Well, they've had one FA signing period and one draft so far. Our biggest needs were O-line and QB. We now have CJ Spiller to go along with two good RB's that were already in place, Cornell Green, and no prayer at QB. That ship is taking on water at this point and I suspect it's going to sink.

Saw it on ESPN this morning.

They all agreed,but none of them endorsed Edwards as a good QB.

Actually they showed clips of Edwards being sacked & throwing interceptions...

They just said the Jaquars have a bad situation at QB and will eventually give Edwards a shot.

Do you not know the difference between a G and a Q? I bet you pronounce it Jag-wires, too. God I hate this crap.

Do you not know the difference between a G and a Q? I bet you pronounce it Jag-wires, too. God I hate this crap.

I pronounce it "Jag-offs" cuz they are. DelRio is a meathead and apparently un-fireable.

It isn't pronounced "Jag-wires"? Would you accept (bloody) Jag-you-are?

I predict Edwards will be starting copy editor for the Dakota Fanning fan club within the next 30 months.