Edwards Really Wanted For His Bills Knowledge ??

T master

So far any thing i've read has been that the 2 teams that had any interest in the Bills cast off QB Trent Edwards was the Jets & the Jags which did pick him up .

Could it be seeing as next week we play the Jets & then the following week we play the Jags.

Wow what a coinkeadink !!

Does any one else here think that seeing as we are playing these teams the next two weeks that the need for Trent Edwards services would be more geared toward learning the plays that the Bills may use against these teams rather than his actual QB skills ??

I don't know but i think both teams have a use for Trent but it's not really his skills as a QB per say .

With the Jags picking up Trent it will give them 2 weeks to pick Trent's brain as far as what type of plays the Bills have had in there game plan which will help the Jags D to game plan better for the Bills . :doh:

Plus with the way the Bills went about releasing Trent it wouldn't really surprise me if he was to give up quite a bit of the offense that he has been learning since before he was named the starter for the Bills .

There should be some type of rule stating that - a player picked up off of waivers can not divulge his former teams scheme - & i bet Trent would not have generated as much interest, especially the interest that he generated from the Bills next two opponents on our schedule !!!!

What do you think Bills fans :flirt: ??????

So far any thing i've read has been that the 2 teams that had any interest in the Bills cast off QB Trent Edwards was the Jets & the Jags which did pick him up .

Could it be seeing as next week we play the Jets & then the following week we play the Jags.

Wow what a coinkeadink !!

Does any one else here think that seeing as we are playing these teams the next two weeks that the need for Trent Edwards services would be more geared toward learning the plays that the Bills may use against these teams rather than his actual QB skills ??

I don't know but i think both teams have a use for Trent but it's not really his skills as a QB per say .

With the Jags picking up Trent it will give them 2 weeks to pick Trent's brain as far as what type of plays the Bills have had in there game plan which will help the Jags D to game plan better for the Bills . :doh:

Plus with the way the Bills went about releasing Trent it wouldn't really surprise me if he was to give up quite a bit of the offense that he has been learning since before he was named the starter for the Bills .

There should be some type of rule stating that - a player picked up off of waivers can not divulge his former teams scheme - & i bet Trent would not have generated as much interest, especially the interest that he generated from the Bills next two opponents on our schedule !!!!

What do you think Bills fans :flirt: ??????

I'm sure the Jaguars felt that the information Trent could provide was one of the benefits of signing him. But it's also worth noting that their starting QB is playing poorly, his backup is out with a torn ACL or something, and their final option at QB is some guy who should have retired a few years ago, but who happens to know their offense. Not only that, but the Jaguars' head coach specifically said that Garrard was a second-rate QB. The guy running the front office did not indicate any long-term commitment to him when asked. The Jaguars are probably one of the most QB-desperate teams in the league right now. To a starving man, a loaf of somewhat moldy bread can look a lot like a feast.

It would not shock me if, later in the season, they benched Garrard for Edwards. Of course, whether that happens depends on how quickly Trent picks up the new offense, as well as whether the Jaguars' coaching staff's disgust with Garrard is stronger than its displeasure at the limitations of Edwards.

If Trent does manage to unseat Garrard as the starter, he will soon discover that the Jaguars' offense lacks an offensive line, or much other supporting talent. That situation will doubtless bring back memories of his time in Buffalo and Stanford--assuming that concussions haven't erased those memories.

It's also felt that the Jaguars are likely going to be looking to draft a QB in the first round of the 2011 draft. Hopefully Trent can get the Jaguars some wins this season--starting with the information he provides about the Bills--because it's critical that that football team not draft ahead of Buffalo.

That might have been the case with the Jets, who knows. The Jags on the other hand are actually desperate for an experienced NFL QB to back up Garrard and jumped at the chance to pick up Edwards off waivers to light a fire under their QB who is stinking up the place the last two weeks, or actually bench him.

The QB situation in Jacksonville is different then the Jets, Jacksonville had a decent backup until he suffered an injury that put him on IR. Since then the Jags have pulled 3 guys off the streets, 2 are on the practice squad and the 3rd is a 38 year old has been

HC Jack Del Rio words:

"Todd Bouman is a guy who knows our system, and he's here as our backup right now," Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said Tuesday on Sirius NFL Radio's "Movin' the Chains" (via ProFootballTalk.com), "but to have a guy who has a chance to go forward beyond just next week and the rest of this season, but beyond that as a prospect, it's a little bit like adding a draft pick, and so we're excited to have him aboard."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ae99c0/article/jaguars-claim-exbills-qb-edwards-put-heat-on-garrard?module=HP_headlines

My take, the Bills are idiots for cutting a team captain and a 4 year vet QB with starting experience after only two games, but hey...it made the fans here happy

I'm sure the Jaguars felt that the information Trent could provide was one of the benefits of signing him. But it's also worth noting that their starting QB is playing poorly, his backup is out with a torn ACL or something, and their final option at QB is some guy who should have retired a few years ago, but who happens to know their offense. Not only that, but the Jaguars' head coach specifically said that Garrard was a second-rate QB. The guy running the front office did not indicate any long-term commitment to him when asked. The Jaguars are probably one of the most QB-desperate teams in the league right now. To a starving man, a loaf of somewhat moldy bread can look a lot like a feast.

It would not shock me if, later in the season, they benched Garrard for Edwards. Of course, whether that happens depends on how quickly Trent picks up the new offense, as well as whether the Jaguars' coaching staff's disgust with Garrard is stronger than its displeasure at the limitations of Edwards.

If Trent does manage to unseat Garrard as the starter, he will soon discover that the Jaguars' offense lacks an offensive line, or much other supporting talent. That situation will doubtless bring back memories of his time in Buffalo and Stanford--assuming that concussions haven't erased those memories.

It's also felt that the Jaguars are likely going to be looking to draft a QB in the first round of the 2011 draft. Hopefully Trent can get the Jaguars some wins this season--starting with the information he provides about the Bills--because it's critical that that football team not draft ahead of Buffalo.

The Jags fans are all clamoring after the rookie QB's coming out in this up coming draft just like Bills fans are

That might have been the case with the Jets, who knows. The Jags on the other hand are actually desperate for an experienced NFL QB to back up Garrard and jumped at the chance to pick up Edwards off waivers to light a fire under their QB who is stinking up the place the last two weeks, or actually bench him.

The QB situation in Jacksonville is different then the Jets, Jacksonville had a decent backup until he suffered an injury that put him on IR. Since then the Jags have pulled 3 guys off the streets, 2 are on the practice squad and the 3rd is a 38 year old has been

HC Jack Del Rio words:

"Todd Bouman is a guy who knows our system, and he's here as our backup right now," Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said Tuesday on Sirius NFL Radio's "Movin' the Chains" (via ProFootballTalk.com), "but to have a guy who has a chance to go forward beyond just next week and the rest of this season, but beyond that as a prospect, it's a little bit like adding a draft pick, and so we're excited to have him aboard."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ae99c0/article/jaguars-claim-exbills-qb-edwards-put-heat-on-garrard?module=HP_headlines

My take, the Bills are idiots for cutting a team captain and a 4 year vet QB with starting experience after only two games, but hey...it made the fans here happy

The Jags fans are all clamoring after the rookie QB's coming out in this up coming draft just like Bills fans are

Harvey, you have your opinion. We all have ours. Doesn't matter how many years Trent has under his belt, he just hasn't shown he's an NFL qb. He can't consistently bring it. He could be the team President for all i care and for his performance i would still cut him. He was dead weight no matter what his title.

I can respect a differing opinion though. It's yours to have. We'll see what he can or cannot bring with Jax. But wow imo it became obvious it was beyond a doubt he was dead weight.

On another note, when i first saw your name i thought it referred to Harvey the Bunny. from the movie "Harvey" with Jimmy Stewart. Great movie actually.

Edited by Pilsner

Considering the Jets and Jags play us next I would say yes. However there is no way they could enforce such a rule without 24 hr surveillance and gestopo like tactics to keep players silent. Besides he would have told them that all our routes are 5 yards an under or run out of bounds on 4th down. :nana: