The Jimmy Clausen era in Carolina

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's judging? I'm just doing a public service and posting how Clausen did because I know some folks thought he was the man.

Funny how we are so concerned about judging players on other teams too soon when we do it all the time with our own players. Heck, we call "bust" in OTA's!

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Who's judging? I'm just doing a public service and posting how Clausen did because I know some folks thought he was the man.

Funny how we are so concerned about judging players on other teams too soon when we do it all the time with our own players. Heck, we call "bust" in OTA's!

PTR

It's yet to be determined how good or bad he will be. If someone made a similar post after he had a 300 yard 3 TD day, I'd react the same way. But it's quite clear what you were attempting to do with the topic: rub his first NFL start in the face of anyone who wanted the Bills to draft Clausen. People do the same thing with Jason Peters anytime he gets a false start penalty.

I guess when you're a fan of a perennial train wreck the only solace that you can take is in the misfortunes of others.

Pretty much.

Edited by earthtobrint

It's yet to be determined how good or bad he will be. If someone made a similar post after he had a 300 yard 3 TD day, I'd react the same way. But it's quite clear what you were attempting to do with the topic: rub his first NFL start in the face of anyone who wanted the Bills to draft Clausen. People do the same thing with Jason Peters anytime he gets a false start penalty....

...or gives up a sack...or breaks a nail and takes himself out of a game...or plays way below his contract. Yes we do.

But getting back to Clausen for a second I love how noble and patient everyone gets for players on other teams. How many "Spiller is a bust!!" posts were there the last two weeks? Brilliant! And even better, no one gets the irony.

Case in point: Byrd is overrated because he hasn't had an INT yet.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

...or gives up a sack...or breaks a nail and takes himself out of a game...or plays way below his contract. Yes we do.

But getting back to Clausen for a second I love how noble and patient everyone gets for players on other teams. How many "Spiller is a bust!!" posts were there the last two weeks? Brilliant! And even better, no one gets the irony.

Case in point:

PTR

Well I'm not among those that call Spiller a bust. It goes both ways. There are posters that are reactionary in their hatred of current Bills, former Bills, and players they wanted the Bills to draft. You're still contributing to that epidemic with the topic.

How many "Spiller is a bust!!" posts were there the last two weeks?

Case in point: Byrd is overrated because he hasn't had an INT yet.

PTR

I don't think anyone was saying that Spiller was a bust ... I think the opinions being expressed was that drafting Spiller was a bad move for the Bills at this time ... I don't thing anybody would deny that C.J. is an exceptional player, but we put him in a crowded backfield without "culling the herd" to better the team, and ended up with a rookie running back who needs work on picking up the blitz (they all pretty much do) sharing time with two other good running backs behind a suspect O-line.

And even better, no one gets the irony.

PTR

That's the problem with 1 way communication.

Anyone who said Spiller is a bust is just mad about the pick and there is merit to that. Spiller getting just 12 touches on a horrible team might have something to do with it too. But it's not Spiller's fault and is hardly an indictment of his rather ridiculous skills.

Lastly, at least Clausen is on the field at THE most important position. Unlike the Bills #2-7 picks on a talentless team. The mere fact that Fox's job is on the line is a huge endorsement of JC regardless of how crappy he played. I mean Fox took a team to a SB and is a career 71 and 54 coming into this year.

I love this thread. It is crazy that the same people that said our offense is the worst in the nfl, we are going to be picking 1st in the draft, we are going 0-16 only after 2-3 games, and Spiller is a wasted pick are the same people that are saying Clausen just needs time.

Truth is, all young players and new systems need time. It is sad that if you are a bill, you have to produce now or get hated... but if you are on another team, then it is all good and he has a "bright future" and we SHOULD have had him. Please, if clausen played like that for us this week, people would be furious that we are stuck with him for like 3 years.

Promo -

Clausen will go on to have a better career than any current Bills QB. He did not have the advantage of working with the first team all throughout OTAs and training camp, like Bradford did. Even in his disastrous rookie debut, he did better than many of Trent's performances.

Does Clausen struggling in his debut somehow validate the coaches starting the season with Edwards, or validate yet another poor Bills draft?

Edited by NaPolian8693

That's the problem with 1 way communication.

Anyone who said Spiller is a bust is just mad about the pick and there is merit to that. Spiller getting just 12 touches on a horrible team might have something to do with it too. But it's not Spiller's fault and is hardly an indictment of his rather ridiculous skills.

Lastly, at least Clausen is on the field at THE most important position. Unlike the Bills #2-7 picks on a talentless team. The mere fact that Fox's job is on the line is a huge endorsement of JC regardless of how crappy he played. I mean Fox took a team to a SB and is a career 71 and 54 coming into this year.

While not every play, Troupe is on the field, and with the way Easley looked early, they were saying he would have been on the field if not injured.

Them are the breaks. Still takes 3 years to evaluate a draft.