Can't really argue with Florio on this one

dave mcbride

"Edwards has shown enough in his brief career for a few teams to take him on as a possible backup. Jacksonville makes some sense."

If J'ville picks Trent up the Bills finally will get even for the Rob Johnson heist!

not unless they give us $25 million and a first round draft choice.... <_<

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a reactionary article with absolutely no thought put in to writing it. Who that was available in the offseason would have been better? Who would you have staked the next 3-4 years of a rebuilding process on? Campbell? Thigpen? Troy Smith? The Bills apparently had interest in McNabb, who didn't show similar interest. They took a chance that they could rehab Edwards, and they admitted it when they couldn't... and quickly, no less. If previous regimes had done this, we wouldn't still have had this problem this season, and we would have never had a 4 year Flutie-Johnson QB debate. Their plan was see if one of the current QBs fits the bill, and if not find one next year in a year that might have better QBs available. Bringing in someone who you don't know flat out is better than what's already here is a waste of time.

+1

I seriously doubt it...And that's not what I want to believe, it's just what I believe now after 10 years of this crap...It's just beyond dysfunction and these people are supposed to be football people...Chan Gailey is a Veteran Coach, so was DJ...For both these guys to march Edwards out there as their unquestioned Starter, then bench him a few weeks later...You were right to say bizzarro because it's just bizzarro world period over there at OBD...Has been for a while now...There's no rhyme or reason...It's like a petri dish of losing culture...It's just sad... B-)

They came in giving Edwards a clean slate. He looked better than the other QB's in practice, so he got the starts in preseason. He looked solid in preseason, at least not poor enough to be usurped by the other contenders, so he got to start in the preseason. He looked rough in the first game, so maybe it was just jitters. Looked exactly the same in week 2, so put him on the bench. The offense was able to score 23 points and have exactly no 3 and outs in week 3. The only change was at the QB position. I concede they were playing against some pretty good Defenses in the first two weeks, but our pitiful offense in those two games helped put them there.

There was a progression to their thinking. Edwards wasn't helping the team, and in fact seemed to be hurting it. This is addition by subtraction. They need to find out who can play and be useful this year and who to get rid of. I'm just terrified at the Kelsay extension rumors as he's done very little on the field to warrant one.

The arguement on that article is not one person said Trent looked bad in OTA's or in camp or even in preseason. People on this board said Trent looked good in DRILLS and in practice. Trent was hands down a better qb than the rest. Well once the bullets started flying, Trent looked scared, and wasn't able to handle the load. I feel it was not just a decent move, but a very bold statement by the management. Like it or not the Bills are not a playoff team. Maybe at best 8-8 is what I have always said and even that might not happen. Chan the Man found out first hand that Trent just lost control or the game was too fast for him. Chan wants to make it clear that he's not wishy washy. He went who played the best, and they failed. So he cut his losses and is now moving on. That tells me he doesn't want anyone to get the wrong idea of if Fitz fails will we go back to Trent. Trent is the flat tire spare who is just not useful anymore. GREAT MOVE CHAN AND BUDDY. Let the team know that they have a chance and if it's not good enough, then time to move on!!!!!!!!!!

If playing sports has taught me anything it is this. Some guys are practice players and some guys are gamers. Trent is a practice player and Fitz is a gamer, with limited skills. The coaching staff waited to see Trent under pressure, and were quick to make the decision that he was not getting it done and moved on quickly. That is decisive leadership and I am fine with the move. I think the cut has more to do with the locker room than him not having the skills to even be on the team.

Also, who would you rather have right now? Colt McCoy or Jimmy Claussen as the future of the franchise? Those were the options. I would rather have Luck or Mallet to be honest with you. Believe me I am sure if Sam Bradford was available at 9 last year, we would have drafted him.....Then traded every other pick we had and our first rounder this year to move back up to try and get Spiller.

Edited by tonyd19

With the way things go with the Bills, would anyone be shocked if Jacksonville does pick up Edwards, he comes off the bench and beats the Bills in two weeks? Just saying. If the Bills can't hit on one of the half dozen potential "franchise" QB's in the draft next year, they may as well just fold or move or drop a level to the UFL.