Brady's scramble for first down

ConradDobler

One mo' time, when Brady scrambles for the first down, pay attention to the Bills pass rusher who gets tackled. You could hear a call from the sideline: "Hold!".

You're gonna get a ton of replies to the effect of "That was one time", or "Isolated incident"....

The fact is, that was the most blatant example, but it happened all day long.

Thanks, Clutch385 I have for many years. I do remember when the referees were a bit more honest, though.

How about the onside kick?

They didn't even bother unpiling the players and taking a look before that official ran in and signaled Patriot ball...C'MON MAN!!

Edited by Special K

How about the onside kick?

They didn't even bother unpiling the players and taking a look before that official ran in and signaled Patriot ball...C'MON MAN!!

If the line judge sees a player initially fall on the ball and gain possession, and then the player is then touched by the other team ending the play, they don't need to wait to pull the players off of the pile. They have to pull all of the players off when then do not see who gets control, the line judge was just in the right place this time.

How about that KO return by Spiller, that was absolutely blocked clean right? Bad calls happen both ways every game, it is just part of the game.

SSDD

Horrible officiating. How about the off sides call on Maybin? He jumped, got back, then the WR, who was five yards away, moved, never seen anything like it.

Color me surprised. This was one week that I did not expect "the refs hate the Bills" threads or even posts. Yet there still are a few. I guess they happen whenever the Bills lose.

But if you are on that topic, how about the block in the back on the Spiller kickoff return TD? I don't see that particular missed call brought up much :)

As to the Maybin call, I happen to hate that rule. But it is the rule.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Color me surprised. This was one week that I did not expect "the refs hate the Bills" threads or even posts. Yet there still are a few. I guess they happen whenever the Bills lose.

But if you are on that topic, how about the block in the back on the Spiller kickoff return TD? I don't see that particular missed call brought up much :)

Maybin had already returned to his position before the guy moved. It was a bad call.

I thought the officiating was okay. They even called offensive pass interference on the Pats. Very unusual.

If the line judge sees a player initially fall on the ball and gain possession, and then the player is then touched by the other team ending the play, they don't need to wait to pull the players off of the pile. They have to pull all of the players off when then do not see who gets control, the line judge was just in the right place this time.

How about that KO return by Spiller, that was absolutely blocked clean right? Bad calls happen both ways every game, it is just part of the game.

SSDD

Bad calls happen a lot MORE to teams that play the Pats*, than to the Pats*. No one is saying that all the bad calls go one way, just that the majority go one way. Also, with the Bills being a bad team with no big name coach, they often get bad calls against them in any game. There is nothing they can do about it except get better players so that they can overcome both the other team and the officials. But the Pats* are a special case. Its almost like playing Shula's Dolphins from the 70s again. The referee body language even shows a kind of nervousness to make sure they call things in favor of the Pats*, like it was in the 70s with the Dolphins.

The only reason I thought it would be nice to get a Shanahan or Cowher was the effect it could have on the refs when the Bills were playing. They might respect the coach enough to be a little nervous about his complaints with bad calls. They obviously don't worry about Gailey at all. Why should they. The NFL is a league that favors the elites and the refs know that. Unfortunately RW is getting a little too old to kick in the officials' door after the game to shout at them like he did in the 70s after an especially badly called game.

Edited by NewHampshireBillsFan

Maybin had already returned to his position before the guy moved. It was a bad call.

I thought the officiating was okay. They even called offensive pass interference on the Pats. Very unusual.

No he hadn't Welker intentionally twitched while Maybin was still in the neutral zone.

Give credit where it's deserved, that was a great heads up veteran play from Welker.

Like I said horrible officiating, I would include the missed call on the Spiller return.

Pathetic officiating.. Not that I'm a Maybin fan but the LT had both hands full of his jersey on every play.. Straight up tackled him a couple time too.. The squib kick was bs.. the ref pointed to the Pats before he even got there.. and the offsides on Maybin was also BS, clearly Welker moved after Maybin got back.

Pathetic officiating.. Not that I'm a Maybin fan but the LT had both hands full of his jersey on every play.. Straight up tackled him a couple time too.. The squib kick was bs.. the ref pointed to the Pats before he even got there.. and the offsides on Maybin was also BS, clearly Welker moved after Maybin got back.

If only the damn officials would be fair and unbiased every game the Bills would win the superbowl that they so clearly deserve! :wallbash:

Edited by CodeMonkey

Bad calls happen a lot MORE to teams that play the Pats*, than to the Pats*. No one is saying that all the bad calls go one way, just that the majority go one way. Also, with the Bills being a bad team with no big name coach, they often get bad calls against them in any game. There is nothing they can do about it except get better players so that they can overcome both the other team and the officials. But the Pats* are a special case. Its almost like playing Shula's Dolphins from the 70s again. The referee body language even shows a kind of nervousness to make sure they call things in favor of the Pats*, like it was in the 70s with the Dolphins.

The only reason I thought it would be nice to get a Shanahan or Cowher was the effect it could have on the refs when the Bills were playing. They might respect the coach enough to be a little nervous about his complaints with bad calls. They obviously don't worry about Gailey at all. Why should they. The NFL is a league that favors the elites and the refs know that. Unfortunately RW is getting a little too old to kick in the officials' door after the game to shout at them like he did in the 70s after an especially badly called game.

That's fine, I just think it is alot about perception. I could go find threads on Pat's boards where people are saying that all the calls go against NE. Of course I hate most of those people, but that is a different story.

SSDD