JACKSON SHOULD BE STARTING!!!

PDaDdy

Just kidding. Lynch had 13 carries for 79 yards at 6.1 a pop. Tell me again how Jackson should be the starter? When the line can actually open a few holes Lynch is the better runner of the two. He actually made some of his own opportunities with some cut backs today ala Fred. Just stoking the fire a little bit.

If the defense showed up today I would actually have liked to see a few more plays to Spiller and even the change of pace back Fred Jackson. To bad we had to try to keep up with New England shredding the defense for 200+ yards and throwing in the middle of the field with impunity.

Just kidding. Lynch had 13 carries for 79 yards at 6.1 a pop. Tell me again how Jackson should be the starter? When the line can actually open a few holes Lynch is the better runner of the two. He actually made some of his own opportunities with some cut backs today ala Fred. Just stoking the fire a little bit.

If the defense showed up today I would actually have liked to see a few more plays to Spiller and even the change of pace back Fred Jackson. To bad we had to try to keep up with New England shredding the defense for 200+ yards and throwing in the middle of the field with impunity.

Fred is a better back. Something tells me if Fred didn't have a bum hand and got as many touches as Lynch he would produce equally or better.

To bad we had to try to keep up with New England shredding the defense for 200+ yards and throwing in the middle of the field with impunity.

Which, to me is why Buffalo scored 30 points today. I think the NE defense really didn't care about what the Buffalo O did.

Same for Green Bay and Miami.

Teams don't respect us, because of our defense. They know they can easily score more points and that's what wins games. Facing the Buffalo Bills makes for a very simple game plan.

Edited by PearlHowardman

Fred is a better back. Something tells me if Fred didn't have a bum hand and got as many touches as Lynch he would produce equally or better.

Yeah.....right.

Buffalo loves likeable players. Lynch is a horse. Jackson is a good back, but I'd be happy to see Spiller and Lynch for the next 5 years.

Which, to me is why Buffalo scored 30 points today. I think the NE defense really didn't care about what the Buffalo O did.

Teams don't respect us, because of our defense. They know they can easily score more points and that's what wins games. Facing the Buffalo Bills makes for a very simple game plan.

I doubt very much that NE* is at all thrilled with giving up 30 today, or that they game planned that way. If Fitz doesn't throw the pick in the endzone, this could have very easily been a different outcome, as that was a 14 point swing. Saying they didn't care is ridiculous, especially after their D gave the game away last week to the Jets. <_<

LOL. There is always one. Fred's hand is just fine. You do understand he was playing week 1 and it is now week 3?

lynch is a pro-bowl back, i just don't understand why everyone keeps touting jackson as the better back...

As usual people can't separate the players off field short comings from their on field talent and performance.

That is just ....I mean .....wow. So...your assertion is that the defensive players are told to swallow their pride, dog it and take the day off? Preposterous!

LOL. There is always one. Fred's hand is just fine. You do understand he was playing week 1 and it is now week 3?

Both Lynch and Jackson played week 1, but I'd guess they didn't get many touches that week cuz neither was ready to go 100%. Both looked up to speed, however, last week. I think Chan is planning to hammer Lynch's beastly head into the line early and often and then augment it with Spiller and Jackson, who's styles are much more effective off the bench, IMO.

Both Lynch and Jackson played week 1, but I'd guess they didn't get many touches that week cuz neither was ready to go 100%. Both looked up to speed, however, last week. I think Chan is planning to hammer Lynch's beastly head into the line early and often and then augment it with Spiller and Jackson, who's styles are much more effective off the bench, IMO.

Give that man a prize!

Our defense scares no one! Remember the GB players laughing at us last week? Miami, GB and NE today all played their B game.

This really is an idiotic assertion, that teams in the NFL would not care how many points they gave up because they know they can score more against our D. Against Miami, the 'phins ran 40 times to get ~130 yards and passed for 180 and barely won. GB and NE are much better offenses, and if NE doesn't pick off the pass at the end or the one in the end zone they easily could have lost this game. Teams play to win, they don't bring "their B game" because they think their opponents suck, they usually try to take advantage of the weaknesses and blow them out so the game isn't in doubt. But, hey, if it makes you feel better to think that teams dog it against us because they can, then by all means... :blink:

Yep, I do.

And you do realize guys can play even though they are not 100% right?

It's as obvious as the sky is blue that Fred is the better back, and the more complete back. Who over took who last year as the starter?

well, you guys can say good bye to Lynch. When Brandon Jackson stinks it up against the Bears on MNF and given Lynch's last two weeks, he'll be on a plane to Green Bay within the week.

i'm with you...i think they are showcasing Lynch to prove he is worth what they are asking for him. they have already tipped their hand....they want to ship him out. btw, i am a lynch fan, i think they should keep him.

Fred Jackson is better and should be starting.

Lynch was good for one game.

Does that wipe out everything that happened last year?

I'd still take a third rounder for him.Not that we seem capable of making the draft picks count.

Everything that happened last year? You mean Lynch missing the first four games because he's kinda stupid, and coming back not in game shape (which is to be expected after missing the first four) carrying 10-15#s more bulk (intentionally bulking up in the offseason, according to what was reported last year (by my memory, no link)), which he couldn't play effectively with.

Does that wipe out his first two seasons or the fact that he's looked good both last week and today?

Despite FJ putting up similar #s last year to what Lynch did in his first two seasons yardage-wise (slightly higher avg yard per carry, but 1/4 the TDs), ML equaled his TD output with half the carries. Personally, I don't care who is starting and who is backing up, MLs running style should make both Spiller and Jackson more effective as the game goes on. Carrying three backs with FJ and ML getting the bulk of the carries, and CJ used situationally makes sense.

well, you guys can say good bye to Lynch. When Brandon Jackson stinks it up against the Bears on MNF and given Lynch's last two weeks, he'll be on a plane to Green Bay within the week.

Getting rid of your young talent is not a recipe for success. Did you now see the game? What would we get in return from Green Bay. A backup lineman to their currently ****ty offensive line? A draft pick we would inevitably screw up?