Was listening to WFAN 660 in NYC before

Like A Mofo

Mike Francesca on WFAN 660AM in New York was talking with his sidekick Chris Russo on the "Mike and the Mad Dog" show, Francesca had on two occassions good things to say about the Bills, and Russo seems to agree. Mike thinks Buffalo can be one of those teams to make "a big leap" in 2005 and said Buffalo is a "good looking team with a lot of talent" and also stated the obvious that the Bills have to eventually decide between Losman and Bledsoe.

Both Mike and Chris tend to believe that Buffalo is right there for that last wildcard spot, they did mention their tie breakers they would lose, but they definately did not dismiss the Bills based on their tiebreaker disadvantage. Mike also said that even if Pittsburgh has something to play for, he would not be one bit suprised of Buffalo beat the Steelers straight-up.

Reason I mention this is because it is now becoming evident people are starting to notice what the Bills are doing, its just refreshing to hear compliments from other sports stations, especially from a New York station.

BELIEVE!!!

GO BILLS

Mike Francesca on WFAN 660AM in New York was talking with his sidekick Chris Russo on the "Mike and the Mad Dog" show,  Francesca had on two occassions good things to say about the Bills, and Russo seems to agree.  Mike thinks Buffalo can be one of those teams to make "a big leap" in 2005 and said Buffalo is a "good looking team with a lot of talent" and also stated the obvious that the Bills have to eventually decide between Losman and Bledsoe.

Both Mike and Chris tend to believe that Buffalo is right there for that last wildcard spot, they did mention their tie breakers they would lose, but they definately did not dismiss the Bills based on their tiebreaker disadvantage.  Mike also said that even if Pittsburgh has something to play for, he would not be one bit suprised of Buffalo beat the Steelers straight-up.

Reason I mention this is because it is now becoming evident people are starting to notice what the Bills are doing, its just refreshing to hear compliments from other sports stations, especially from a New York station.

BELIEVE!!!

GO BILLS

149054[/snapback]

Oh geez, don't you mean the idiot and the blowhole? Ever notice that Mike and 'the Dog" are never wrong? They tell you that every day.

However, it is nice to get props in NYC.

Mike also said that even if Pittsburgh has something to play for, he would not be one bit suprised of Buffalo beat the Steelers straight-up.

I agree. The game that worries me the most is @ Cinci with Carson Palmer starting to really play well.

Oh geez, don't you mean the idiot and the blowhole? Ever notice that Mike and 'the Dog" are never wrong? They tell you that every day.

149060[/snapback]

You are right, they can be arrogant, but they just do not dish out compliments all the time either, to me its just a testament to how far the Bills have come.

You are right, they can be arrogant, but they just do not dish out compliments all the time either, to me its just a testament to how far the Bills have come.

149064[/snapback]

I miss Jodi McDonald. <_< He was my favorite on the fan. I like Richard Neer too, when he's on, and I also like "the Continent".

Those guys are usually pretty objective - not the typical homers. Even when I don't agree with them they at least have a clue about what's going on outside of NYC, which is more than I can say for the Philly stations. I heard them saying basically the same things way back after the Cardinals game.

However, they were also talking as if the Jets are a mortal lock for the playoffs. Are we certain that common opponents takes precedent over conference record?

I miss Jodi McDonald.  <_<  He was my favorite on the fan. I like Richard Neer too, when he's on, and I also like "the Continent".

149072[/snapback]

McDonald was solid, I like Mac and Sid to be honest, you could call them and talk about anything, and yes, even the NHL!!!!!

149060[/snapback]

You've been reading Mushnick again, haven't you! <_<:doh:

Certainly the Bengals game appears to be the hardest bump in the road before Pittsburgh but

1.) let's get by Cleveland first <_<

2.) The bengals SHOULD lose this week to the Patriots which would effectively knock them out of the playoff hunt. Although a spoiler role is a powerful incentive, having the chance to make the playoffs is more powerful. So, (gulp), go Patriots!

and (ugh), Go Dolphins! (vs Denver)

and (bleah) Go Pittsburgh (Jets)

and (ehh, o.k.) Go Giants! (Baltimore) - hey, if they can blow a 17 point lead at home to the Bengals, then anything can happen to them IMO.

oh, and Go Bears! (Jacksonville)

I miss Jodi McDonald.  <_<  He was my favorite on the fan. I like Richard Neer too, when he's on, and I also like "the Continent".

149072[/snapback]

Man, I remember when Richard Neer was doing FM rock 'n roll radio on WNEW (back when it was a rock 'n rock station!) He's great.

The reality right now amungst those in the NFL is no one wants to play the Bills right now. I'm not saying there isn't a team that can beat the Bills, just that no one wants to see the Bills on their schedule down the stretch.

149087[/snapback]

Absolutely, and isnt that a great feeling, one I have not felt with this team in quite some time!!!!

Cincy is also one of thise teams too, but right now im focused on Cleveland first and foremost.

I agree.  The game that worries me the most is @ Cinci with Carson Palmer starting to really play well.

149061[/snapback]

That game scares me as well, and I will take it a step further.....

If the Bills win their next 3 and are healthy, we will kick that big pittsburgh rookie's ass!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certainly the Bengals game appears to be the hardest bump in  the road before Pittsburgh but

1.) let's get by Cleveland first <_<

2.) The bengals SHOULD lose this week to the Patriots which would effectively knock them out of the playoff hunt. Although a spoiler role is a powerful incentive, having the chance to make the playoffs is more powerful. So, (gulp), go Patriots!

and (ugh), Go Dolphins!  (vs Denver)

and (bleah) Go Pittsburgh (Jets)

and (ehh, o.k.) Go Giants! (Baltimore) - hey, if they can blow a 17 point lead at home to the Bengals, then anything can happen to them IMO.

oh, and Go Bears!  (Jacksonville)

149089[/snapback]

Man it sure is tough too now 'root' for the teams we hate most!!

But desperate times call for desperate measures!!! :doh:

However, they were also talking as if the Jets are a mortal lock for the playoffs.  Are we certain that common opponents takes precedent over conference record?

149077[/snapback]

Hi BuffOrange - you seem like a nice guy so let me help you out:

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers

I love google.

So the Jets are definitely not a lock. This is good.

I agree.  The game that worries me the most is @ Cinci with Carson Palmer starting to really play well.

149061[/snapback]

I think your right. The Cincy game may decide if we end up 10-6 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs. They looked good yesterday against the Ravens and are now also in the playoff picture.

149061[/snapback]

I think your right. The Cincy game may decide if we end up 10-6 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs. They looked good yesterday against the Ravens and are now also in the playoff picture.