Locker, Luck, & Mallet

1B4IDie

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent really watched any of them play. But the fact that theres a debate means not on of them is that much better than the other.

Dude Luck is the man and there is no controversy. The only reason Luck didn't lead the list from the beginning is because he is a Junior. Watching games of him last year I thought he was awesome and will be a great NFL QB. Actually the only reason I saw Luck was because I watched every Stanford game I could to watch Toby Gerhart. That was a pleasure watching him run over guys all day every day, it was like watching Riggins all over again. I was hoping to draft him after we traded back in the first round to get Tebow, now that would a backfield worth watching.

Richardson & Ingram is probably better than the Bills' or Cowgirls' backfield.

And most of the starters on 'Bamas D will be playing on Sunday.

You're probably the only person that is 100% sure, but yes 90% sure may be a bit of exaggeration.

I don't want to argue the point I just find it interesting you're so certain What would you handicap the game?

If the game were played this weekend Bills -3, Bills -7? Just curious.

BTW speaking of 'Bama players playing the Bills, here is a scary thought with the trade the Gatriots made with Raiders, The Pats might be inline to draft Mark Ingram in the first round. :sick: Although the Pats don't seem to prize RBs and are happy recycling veterans, I wouldn't like to see Mark Ingram 2 times a year. It might be another 10 years until the Bills get a win in Foxboro

The Bills would probably beat Alabama by a score of 55-6. The pros are that much better, even the bad teams. Remember that more than half of the players on 'Bama won't be playing in the NFL.

While in GB I was able to watch all 3 of these top QB prospect's games.

For a Bills' fan knowing that Sunday was going to be ugly it was nice to see a glimpse of the possible future of the Bills at Curly's in Lambeau.

Locker - Wow, Scary. He was under constant pressure and looked like hot garbage. Making poor decisions, ducking and covering. It was scary to think this guy is being talked about as #1 overall. 1 game doesn't make a career but the way it seemed he dealt with pressure looks horrible. What kind of pressure do you think he'll get in Buffalo on Sundays?

Luck - Wow, Scary Great. The zip on the ball, the accuracy, the ability to make things happen with his legs. I'm not saying definitely draft him, I'm saying just because we have a current Stanford QB on the roster doesn't mean we shouldn't look at this one. Very intelligent decision making and looked to be very accurate (didn't really lay it out where his receiver was in a bad position to make the catch or after the catch.) The one knock was that he didn't seem to look downfield when he was forced out of the pocket. He may have looked soo good because I don't believe Wake Forest's defense is highly regarded. Definitely want to see this Saturday 9/25/2010 @ 3:30 EST against Notre Dame's defense and Saturday October 9th 8:00pm EST Home against USC.

Mallet - so-so - Yeah he won SEC player of the week, yeah he has a nice statline BUT I wouldn't be surprised be if more than 50% of the passing yards were YAC. He dumped off to the RB in the flat too often, it brought up memories of our current QB debacle. Even on 1 of his TD passes, where there was a bit of a play fake and the receiver was wide open in the end zone he kind of threw a giant rainbow, it had hang time like a punt. In the NFL a Safety or CB is too fast they would have picked it off or atleast be in position to defend the play.

Saturday 9/25/2010 @ 3:30 Mallet home against 'Bama is a must watch for Bills fan. Flip back and forth between that and Luck vs Notre Dame.

Odds are high 1 of those guys will be wearing Red, White and Blue in 2011. Not giving up Locker but that was 1 bad game.

I'm 90% sure that Alabama could beat the Buffalo Bills this year so watching Mallet play against a defense where most of the starters will be playing on Sunday in the next 4 years will be a real good test. And I won't see Arkansas O-line is better than the Bills O-line but they probably have a better LT.

BTW my signature, before the upgrade, used to call out Mallet as the Bills first round pick in 2011. I'm not so certain anymore this college season is going to be important to watch all 3.

Obviously you have never watch even one single entire game of Mallet.

Give me Mallet or give me death. I'll take the proven SEC QB who consistently shreds the top defenses in the country on a weekly basis.

Obviously you have never watch even one single entire game of Mallet.

Give me Mallet or give me death. I'll take the proven SEC QB who consistently shreds the top defenses in the country on a weekly basis.

He looked pretty bad against Alabama last year, throwing 4 interceptions in a blowout loss, and he also had an 0-4 overall record in SEC road games. If he can move the ball this week and play with "guts and determination" (which is admittedly hard to quantify) even in a loss (can't really put the onus of beating the no.1 ranked team in the country on Mallett) then I'd definitely be on board. My only concern is his footwork and release... the way he sometimes holds onto the ball for too long and can't seem to get out of his own way worries me that he's Bledsoe 2.0. But, I'm definitely in love with his arm, fearlessness,, and overall potential.