Has CHIX failed us already?

Glory Bound

Ralph Wilson has failed us. Despite all the apologists on this board, the guy has run the Bills like a money making operation for the past decade. While it is well within his rights to simply go into Bill Bidwell mode and make a tidy profit every year, you simply won't win in the NFL by nickel and diming every aspect of your operation. Until that changes the Bills will continue to lose. I don't even think new ownership would help. Probably the only logical end game for all of this is the Bills relocating.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys, I did not invent the word CHIX. I've seen it several times on the board so I thought I would use it. I just really want to know...Tebow & Clausen & the available LT's in the draft...are they lacking that much? Are our QB's & LT's really better? Did Chan Gailey & Buddy Nix see this & avoid more mediocracy, or did they really think we had some potential studs? I am really wondering if CHIX is blind, or are these guys that shrewd that they're planning for next years draft? All I know is I spent almost 400 smackers on the NFL Sunday ticket & the NFL to go so I could watch my beloved Bills on my laptop at work, & I'm starting to wish I gave the money to charity. GRRRRR I'll tell ya, if Tebow or Clausen shine anytime soon, I'm gonna send a hundred certified letters to OBD.

How did Tebow find his way into this discussion? Tebow wasn't available in the 2nd round, was in NO way a viable pick early in the first and would have been of no help THIS year. I'm one of the few that think perhaps, at some point, Tebow will make an impact. But if it is going to be as a traditional QB, it will be with a team that gives him time to throw. Even after supposedly reworking his throwing motion, he has a big windup and takes a LONG time to get rid of the ball. But at least he isn't timid when it comes to letting it go.

As for Clausen, this has been discussed to death, but I find no reason to believe Nix loved him as a QB, but decided to pick Troup instead.

Ralph Wilson has failed us. Despite all the apologists on this board, the guy has run the Bills like a money making operation for the past decade. While it is well within his rights to simply go into Bill Bidwell mode and make a tidy profit every year, you simply won't win in the NFL by nickel and diming every aspect of your operation. Until that changes the Bills will continue to lose. I don't even think new ownership would help. Probably the only logical end game for all of this is the Bills relocating.

Agreed on Ralph, one thousand percent. BUT, why is it that you don't think that new ownership would help?

Edited by TheChimp

Hello? Our starting QB was just benched...after two flippin games!

Again, BRAVO! The fact that Chan isn't waiting to make these necessary changes gives me some encouragement. Perhaps you'd rather wait until the break to make the inevitable change. Not me.

Again, BRAVO! The fact that Chan isn't waiting to make these necessary changes gives me some encouragement. Perhaps you'd rather wait until the break to make the inevitable change. Not me.

Dean, read my original post. He should have never started in the first place. But I do see your point.

Agreed on Ralph, one thousand percent. BUT, why is it that you don't think that new ownership would help?

Because I think in the unlikely event that they can find someone to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo, they'll probably run it the same way Ralph is and keep collecting the TV money.

Because I think in the unlikely event that they can find someone to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo, they'll probably run it the same way Ralph is and keep collecting the TV money.

We don't who the (Jim Kelly) owner group would be or how they would run the Bills, so far as collecting TV money, well they might try to make more from games at the stadium by raising prices but that won't affect the bottom line all that much, raise them too much not sell as many. Keeping the TV money shared by franchises IS going to be an important issue that the owners are going to fight about again. Hopeful they will act in a way that shows some wisdom, but who knows. If they don't share revenues the new owners will have one hell of a time ever making money here.

How the new CBA turns out will be incredibly important in selling the Bills. This is a big issue for the Buffalo Bills future in Bflo.

If they get a favorable CBA and the new owners are smart they will realize that being a farm team for the rest of the NFL isn't a great plan and bringing some star power will do a lot for branding the new ownership not to mention making for a better football team.

We don't who the (Jim Kelly) owner group would be or how they would run the Bills, so far as collecting TV money, well they might try to make more from games at the stadium by raising prices but that won't affect the bottom line all that much, raise them too much not sell as many. Keeping the TV money shared by franchises IS going to be an important issue that the owners are going to fight about again. Hopeful they will act in a way that shows some wisdom, but who knows. If they don't share revenues the new owners will have one hell of a time ever making money here.

How the new CBA turns out will be incredibly important in selling the Bills. This is a big issue for the Buffalo Bills future in Bflo.

If they get a favorable CBA and the new owners are smart they will realize that being a farm team for the rest of the NFL isn't a great plan and bringing some star power will do a lot for branding the new ownership not to mention making for a better football team.

A lot of "ifs" in there.

I think its time we faced the fact that professional football in Buffalo is over. The zombie that is shambling around in its place is an embarrassment.

Eventually some on this board will catch on that "the problem" isn't TE or the offensive line or our paucity of receivers or moving recklessly to a 3-4 defense, but rather CHIX failing to recognize areas of weakness and making moves to rectify the situation.

You know, I was one of those who was never (and still is not) excited by Buddy Nix as our GM, and I hated the Chan Gailey hiring at the time. After a while though, hearing all the sparkling things about him from respected NFL men, and liking the cut of his jib, the more I heard of him, Chan started to grow on me. I don't blame him at all for benching Trent Edwards, and I don't think it is a sign that Gailey is "desperate" as has been posted. However, I guess I don't know the guy well enough just yet, but I didn't like some of the other things he had to say this week, beyond the Trent Edwards situation. Admitting in the press that he overestimated the current talent on the team, or maybe I should say "mis-estimated" the talent, and has to re-think using Spiller for now, just sounded incredibly lame to me. The Edwards thing, was understandable, in my view. The Bills have the most invested in Edwards, he is about to be a free agent, so it was kind of his job to see for himself, how bad the guy was. But the rest? It really didn't make me feel any better about the current state of the franchise.

I always thought (and I may be wrong) that one of the biggest crimes of the Dick Jauron reign, was that the coaching staff just didn't even seem to have a clue as to who the best guys were on the team, and when they did unearth a jem on the roster (not that it happened often) it normally came from desperation caused by injuries, rather than analytical assesment of the roster by the coaches. You never knew if the best guys on the team were on the field, and you got the feeling the coaching staff didn't know either. To top it off, they weren't particularly interested in finding out.

I am hoping all of that changes with Chan. I am still liking him, but I am very cautious, after two weeks...

Habit I suppose.

Why do you feel that people have to have a rosy outlook in order to post on a message board?

I don't believe that. But I can't understand why one would post on a board devoted to Buffalo football if they believe football is no longer played in Buffalo. That simply sounds crazy.

Eventually some on this board will catch on that "the problem" isn't TE or the offensive line or our paucity of receivers or moving recklessly to a 3-4 defense, but rather CHIX failing to recognize areas of weakness and making moves to rectify the situation.

We're rebuilding. Our goal is to be good by 2012 or so. Judge them at that time.

So far they receive a failing grade. Like a student that has not studied for an exam it doesn't look like they have looked at any film from last year to understand how to prepare for this season. There is no reason they couldn't have started the building process where their record could improve but you have to know your weak spots and address them in the off season. They haven't made any moves to make this team better. Not trading away existing players doesn't count. We all know that Trent sucked but they had to see it for themselves. Didn't they watch the tape from last year? How long will it take for them to realize our offensive line and LB's are among the leagues worst.

So far I'm not impressed but the season is young and I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I just don't agree with the win later attitude when most teams have a win now attitude.

Edited by VADC Bills

Did Chan Gailey & Buddy Nix see this & avoid more mediocracy

Have to admit, we've seen a lot of horribility on the field this year and can expect more terribloginousness.

But being bad this year gets us a good pick next year, and for a rebuilding team, that has goodaciousness.