OT-Rescue Me

IBTG81

It won't be until next summer.  FX's lineup is different.  They'll start "The Shield" up here soon and "Rescue Me" will start after that's over.

148877[/snapback]

Damn, I don't want to wait that long! At least there will be a second season.

148906[/snapback]

I thought the first episode was great, but quickly got tired of the rest. Maybe it was the fact that the premiere was without commercials. Didn't it seem very soap opera-ish to anyone else?

I thought the first episode was great, but quickly got tired of the rest.  Maybe it was the fact that the premiere was without commercials.  Didn't it seem very soap opera-ish to anyone else?

148936[/snapback]

Not to me, but I'm a Leary fan, so I might be a little biased.

148906[/snapback]

I don't think it's going to be that long....I heard Lenny Clarke (he plays Uncle Teddy) on Boston radio and he said they start filming shortly, and then he starts shooting a show for next fall on another networl.

I thought the show was great!! It didn't seem like a soap opera because it was actually a realistic show dealing with the trials and tribulations of a New York City firefighter. I don't think much of it was as farfetched as some people have said in other posts. I'm pretty sure the reality of what firefighters go through on a daily basis, along with dealing with the post-9/11 traumatic syndrome, was brought out in that show. Leary is a great actor within his realm and he is perfect for a character like the one he portrays. I can't wait for the next season. How many other shows have someone punching out a priest? Just a classic!!

They should put 'The Shield' and 'Rescue Me' on back to back. That would be a great night of TV. Blows the crap out of anything on the network stations.

149090[/snapback]

I can't get into the Shield...but Rescue Me is great. Very off-norm storylines (like the firehouse dick measuring contest, or Leary's booty call who's name he couldn't remember).

They should put 'The Shield' and 'Rescue Me' on back to back. That would be a great night of TV. Blows the crap out of anything on the network stations.

149090[/snapback]

Can't disagree with you there kasper. I was hoping, after seeing Leary staring in Rescue Me, that they might try and rekindle "The Job" that was on ABC a couple of years ago. I personally thought it was as good as Rescue Me in quality and probably funnier than most any show on TV today.

149090[/snapback]

Can't disagree with you there kasper. I was hoping, after seeing Leary staring in Rescue Me, that they might try and rekindle "The Job" that was on ABC a couple of years ago. I personally thought it was as good as Rescue Me in quality and probably funnier than most any show on TV today.

I thought the first episode was great, but quickly got tired of the rest.  Maybe it was the fact that the premiere was without commercials.  Didn't it seem very soap opera-ish to anyone else?

148936[/snapback]

I was the exact same way. LOVED the first episode but thought the show had completely fallen apart by the middle of the first season. None of the main characters even gave a rat's ass when the one guy actually died in a fire, so why bother with that episode? The show was just all over the map and they didn't take their time to build up any long storylines like The Shield.

The Shield returns in April with Glenn Close playing the new captain of the Barn. It's the best show on TV so it should rock (again).

it was actually a realistic show dealing with the trials and tribulations of a New York City firefighter. the reality of what firefighters go through on a daily basis, was brought out in that show.......How many other shows have someone punching out a priest?

Yes, I've heard that a regular part of NYFD real duties is to punch a priest every day. <_<

nobody would watch it.....it would probably suck less.

There is some sort of an interesting relationship between these statements.

I just can't quite figure it out, even thought I am a reality TV expert(i.e. about all I watch is sports and history).

Cya

149090[/snapback]

Accurate, even though I don't really like "The Shield". But I like Denis Leary, and I think "Rescue Me" is perfect for his personality and sense of humor.

Mike

I thought the show was great!! It didn't seem like a soap opera because it was actually a realistic show dealing with the trials and tribulations of a New York City firefighter. I don't think much of it was as farfetched as some people have said in other posts. I'm pretty sure the reality of what firefighters go through on a daily basis, along with dealing with the post-9/11 traumatic syndrome, was brought out in that show. Leary is a great actor within his realm and he is perfect for a character like the one he portrays. I can't wait for the next season. How many other shows have someone punching out a priest? Just a classic!!

149080[/snapback]

I too really liked the show. But according to some chick firemen I met recently in Houston, it does not reflect reality. Although they liked the show. They said the part about the guys razzing the women because they have their own bathroom, and actually using it was true.

I thought that was pretty funny.

Besides, I think the widow chick that Leary's character was banging is just totally hot.