Levi Brown Working out for Steelers

TheBlackMamba

Steelers looking for more QB help — 10:56 a.m.

The Pittsburgh Steelers only have two quarterbacks currently on their 53-man roster. Because of that, the team is scheduled to work out free agent QB Levi Brown early this week, a source confirmed.

Dennis Dixon, who started the first two games, suffered a sprained knee during Sunday’s victory at the Tennessee Titans. Charlie Batch, who replaced him, is the only healthy quarterback. Starter Ben Roethlisberger has two more games to serve on his four-game suspension. The team released QB Byron Leftwich on Saturday, but he’s expected to re-sign some time on Monday.

Brown, who was selected in the seventh-round of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Buffalo Bills, also worked out for the New York Giants last week.

— Adam Caplan

Did any of the Levi Brown homers actually watch him in the pre-season? He was terrible. Totally lost, no accuracy, no touch. Was 5-for-12 for 38 yards going into the Detroit game and didn't help his stock there with a terrible pick in the end zone. Levi Brown defined the word "project." Good luck to him elsewhere, but he won't be a starting QB in this league.

Did any of the Levi Brown homers actually watch him in the pre-season? He was terrible. Totally lost, no accuracy, no touch. Was 5-for-12 for 38 yards going into the Detroit game and didn't help his stock there with a terrible pick in the end zone. Levi Brown defined the word "project." Good luck to him elsewhere, but he won't be a starting QB in this league.

Now, I'm not predicting that Brown will be great. Maybe he won't ever become an NFL player.

But what completely dazzles me is why people think they have enough knowledge about a player to write him off completely after having watched him for a net of ten minutes. Same goes for everybody who has decided that Brohm is useless after one game as a starter, by the way.

He's interviewing for their 5th string QB job, after Roethlisberger, Dixon, Leftwich, and Batch.

I'm sure they would love to have someone above Leftwich (and possibly Batch).

But all this is moot. Albany has already said Brown can never be an NFL QB in any capacity, as he was cut from the Bills. Chan has declared him to never have NFL potential. :lol:

Edited by The Dean

I'm sure they would love to have someone above Leftwich (and possibly Batch).

But all this is moot. Albany has already said Brown can never be an NFL QB in any capacity, as he was cut from the Bills. Chan has declared him to never have NFL potential. :lol:

:D

Yes, I remember now - that was right after Albany declared Edwards the best QB on our roster, and Gailey named him our starter after that 'full & open competition' :w00t:

Dude. That poster is likely a child, at least intellectually. Pretty soon it will be Hamdan again, "He never got a fair shake! It's never been PROVEN that Hamdan couldn't do it because he never got a chance in a real game!".

I liked Brown coming out of college but what in the world makes you say this? He was a 7th rounder who showed nothing in the preseason.

Next year's draft will be filled with Levi Browns.

There are car dealerships, and insurance agencies in major college towns across America, with at least one Levi Brown in each town. Let's sign a bunch so that each one can PROVE that he doesn't have what it takes. It could be an interesting marketing approach, kinda like American Idol.....wait....that's genius!

Imagine the ratings! We all know the Bills are going nowhere, why not have a different cast-off QB each week! Maybe even two a game (give them each a half! And at the end the "winner" (as voted on by Bills season ticket holders) get an invitation to the 2011 Bills Training Camp!

This would be way more interesting than watching Brian Trentpatrick bumble through this season to a handful of wins, and American would LOVE it!

Edited by ThrowIt