How many poor games in a row until the coach is fired?

Chuckknox

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a Gailey fan yet, and still think they went cheap in hiring a coach and FO, but anyone who suggests firing a coach that took over one of the worst teams in the NFL after only two games is a moron.

Ain't that the truth-they had to dig deep in the gutter to find this one, he was about their 10th choice, the first 9 said NO! Makes you kinda feel about the kid in school who nobody wants on your kickball team in gym class, eventually you have to take the last kid left-Gailey.

There were atleast 3 coaches that actually said no.

1) Shanahan cause he was already getting the Washington Job

2) Shottenheimer (the son) cause he wanted to stay and finish the job with the jets

3) Cowher cause he didn't want to get back into coaching yet, he was the one that recommended Gailey to the Bills

There were rumors about Marty S, but he didn't seem to eager to get back into coaching, and then they interviewed Fewell and the guy from the Vikings

Theres not a chance in hell Gailey gets fired in his first season, unless the Bills expected him to make the playoffs in his first year. They knew that this was going to bea rough year and that its going to be a rebuilding time. The Bills don't need another coaching change and another coach to step in with new schemes and systems.

This is the worst offense in years. BORING

+1 on the BORING part.

-10 on the "coach is fired" part. Give the guy a chance.

Yet.....I am becoming worried I see a pattern.

And that pattern is...other team makes halftime adjustments and "solves us"

We go in at halftime and come out with flat tires and mis-firing on all cylinders.

Clearly the issue IS coaching!

Bad protections- QB has 2 seconds or less to get the ball out- Do the players set up protections?

Bad game plans-can't score-can't stop anyone-do the players set up the game plan?

Bad scheme-where is the offense-where is the pass rush?

Bad play calls- Gailey calls for a roll out...right into the waiting arms of Matthews for a sack

Do the players select themselves in the draft?

Do the players select themselves in free agency?

Do the players coach themselves?

hey bud we don't have the players anywhere close to who the packers have. Many have predicted the Packers to be in the superbowl. Secondly we have schemes that work but not the players to run them. They have better players plain and simple. On the offensive side Edwards is a joke but he has been for quite some time this isn't new. Peters made Edwards look bad, Incognito not good enough, Jonathon Scott nope not on this team, Langston Walker Derrick Dockery your all the problem not Edwards. Terrell Owens you can't play anymore etc etc etc. HELLO FANS it is Trent he is the problem. The QB of the future is not on this team. Jauron brought in Fitzpatrick knowing he wouldn't beat out his boy Edwards. Only oh no! he did now what? He's lost the locker room again. I give him the Patriots game then they have to make a change for the rest of the team.

You can't fire Gailey after two games. Or even 8. Not after suffering through years of Jauron.

That being said, Nix/Gailey must do something....I don't know if that stops at benching Edwards. If I were Nix, I'd be scouring that waiver wire for line and lb talent, and exploring every trade opportunity. It's all hands on deck time. I think going 3-13 or worse would be a disaster for Buffalo, especially if there is no football in 2011.

If I were Gailey, I know Edwards and Green aren't the answers and get them the hell out of there. I'm with other posters on the board...QB changes can be a difference maker.

I hated the Chan hiring. LOATHED it. For people who follow college football Chan was generally regarded as an idiot, a terrible coach, someone you would bet against and make lots of money. His fans at GaTech hated him so much they created www.firechangailey.com . Then this idiot gets hired by the KC Chiefs and GET FIRED again before the season even starts!

So I have no love lost for Chan Gailey, that idiot.

But you can not lay total blame on Gailey for this abomination of a football team. It was going to be bad enough just having lots of sucky players. But to have lots of sucky players having to learn new systems from the first year head coach? This team was destined to suck out loud.

I've said this before but our best hope for this season is to go 0-8, make a change at QB and then finish a more respectable 3-5 with Brohm at QB and showing some signs.

That's a pipedream, of course. In actuality, we will probably just learn that Brohm sucks butt as well and we finish the season 2-14. An utterly disgusting season with all hope ruined except to look forward to the 2011 NFL Draft.

hey bud we don't have the players anywhere close to who the packers have. Many have predicted the Packers to be in the superbowl. Secondly we have schemes that work but not the players to run them. They have better players plain and simple. On the offensive side Edwards is a joke but he has been for quite some time this isn't new. Peters made Edwards look bad, Incognito not good enough, Jonathon Scott nope not on this team, Langston Walker Derrick Dockery your all the problem not Edwards. Terrell Owens you can't play anymore etc etc etc. HELLO FANS it is Trent he is the problem. The QB of the future is not on this team. Jauron brought in Fitzpatrick knowing he wouldn't beat out his boy Edwards. Only oh no! he did now what? He's lost the locker room again. I give him the Patriots game then they have to make a change for the rest of the team.

Your absolutely correct, the Bills don't have the players anywhere near what the Packers have...on the offensive line! The Bills had a chance to upgrade WR-QB-RT-LT-OLB and they chose a RB with that 1st pick, I suppose that is Edwards fault also :lol:

Ever hear the old adage, "games are won and lost in the trenches", there is truth to that statement

The Bills had the 2nd best defensive secondary in the NFL last season, same players...what happened? The Bills were 16th in rushing offense and #6 in YPA, same basic players...what happened? The Bills supposedly upgraded the RT position by bringing in a FA and paying him 3 million...what happened?

This team is actually worse then last years, same basic players...what happened?