Interesting game today (Bills v. Pack)

eball

...I have absolutely no idea what to expect (aside from the worst). The offense completely disappointed me last week, while the defense was a somewhat pleasant surprise. With Ryan Grant out do the Packers abandon the run? Is CJ Spiller over his first-game jitters? Do the Bills sit Cornell Green? What sort of impact does Reggie Torbor make?

Lots of questions. I just hope we can see 300+ yards out of the Buffalo offense; I want to believe there is some competence and an ability to move the football consistently.

Got to agree with you. The Defense was surprisingly better than expected while the offense was in constant flux adjusting to Miami's D.... I was disappointed with the outcome, but I look at it as loss by less than a TD, a sign of a developing team. However I would like to point out that what nobody has talked about is the HORRIBLE special teams we have this season! The Off. was bad enough trying to adjust quickly, but our ST left the team in some bad positions too! There were many things that went wrong last week, but one thing I liked was our lack of penalties! Its been a long time since I can remember a Bills team that did that....

As for this week, yeah! Lots of interesting questions to be answered. My one good feeling about this game is that both Packers DE's are out and they will be playing backups.... this helps our two Tackles out nicely and may leave TE with enough time to "see" the defense. Those two tackles looked pretty bad despite what the coach said about them. Either that or Miami's DE's are truly awesome. And NO, I am not going to berate TE just yet even though his situational awareness is definitely in question. (throw short on a must win with a TD play?!?!? etc.) I have always said you cannot properly evaluate a QB until he has 2 full seasons starting and at least 4 years in the NFL... to date only Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisburger have shown themselves to be reliable starters in less time than that. On the other hand there are numerous example of a QB "getting it" after completing 3 or 4 full years... (Brees, Dilfer, Testaverde, DeBerg, Favre, Lamonica, Young, Hassleback, etc.) I also believe that changing offensive systems in his first 3 years will set a QB back a year or more development wise. If you want to point to the Bills lack of success developing a reliable starting QB look no farther than that! <<<Flame retardant suit on>>>

Now on Defense, Getting Torbor into the lineup could make things interesting and Ellison once again should come in an do a fine job.... I am expecting the blitz schemes to be better disguised this week and I hope the lack of yellow flags against us continues.

GB is a Superbowl caliber team this season. I see this game being a total blowout. Buffalo's O-line and D-line will be exposed again this week.

GB 44

Buffalo 13

I watched some of the GB game last week and was very impressed with them facing the Eagles defense. GB has all the peices in place to win the SB this year.

If there ever was a optimal time for aaron maybin to wake up, it's this week. He has to do his job and pressure Rodgers consistently - if not Rodgers will pick us apart. Without a legit rushing threat GB will be in a lot of passing situations, which should give Maybin plenty of opportunities to see the field.

If there ever was a optimal time for aaron maybin to wake up, it's this week. He has to do his job and pressure Rodgers consistently - if not Rodgers will pick us apart. Without a legit rushing threat GB will be in a lot of passing situations, which should give Maybin plenty of opportunities to see the field.

From what I saw last week vs the Eagles, Rodgers had plenty of time to throw the ball. I just don't see Buffalo putting enough pressure on Rodgers to make any sort of difference in this game.

I'm basing all this on what the Buffalo Bills did last week vs Miami.

From what I saw last week vs the Eagles, Rodgers had plenty of time to throw the ball. I just don't see Buffalo putting enough pressure on Rodgers to make any sort of difference in this game.

I'm basing all this on what the Buffalo Bills did last week vs Miami.

I agree and it's mostly wishful thinking on my part at this point. If we ever could use a monster game out of the guy, though, today's the day.

GB is a Superbowl caliber team this season. I see this game being a total blowout. Buffalo's O-line and D-line will be exposed again this week.

GB 44

Buffalo 13

I watched some of the GB game last week and was very impressed with them facing the Eagles defense. GB has all the peices in place to win the SB this year.

We will not score a TD. 35 - 3. Couple of starters go down. The landslide to the #1 picks begins today. Bills nations goes into hiding after next week.

GB 44

Buffalo 13

You are so right. The Bills will "pack" this one in with a slapping loss on their way to a 2-14 season (it's possible for the bills to beat Kansas City and Detroit...but I also doubt that)..

There is no justice in the criminal system and equally no right for the Bills to win this game (unless the packers do not show up).

Here is a good test for the Chan clan. GB is the better team and by all head-to-head match ups the Bills ought to get crushed. But football is as much a game of heart as it is of talent. If the team plays (especially the offense)like they they did against Miami then this will be not only a long season but an unwatchable one. I am looking for heart, for effort. I want to see the line take on blocks, I want TE to throw down field. I want the RB's to keep the legs moving after the first hit. I do not mind (okay I do mind but I have no expectations this year) if we lose, I just want to see some fight in the dog.

...I have absolutely no idea what to expect (aside from the worst). The offense completely disappointed me last week, while the defense was a somewhat pleasant surprise. With Ryan Grant out do the Packers abandon the run? Is CJ Spiller over his first-game jitters? Do the Bills sit Cornell Green? What sort of impact does Reggie Torbor make?

Lots of questions. I just hope we can see 300+ yards out of the Buffalo offense; I want to believe there is some competence and an ability to move the football consistently.

As with the pre-season I hope we bounce back from the first game debacle

GB 44

Buffalo 13

Not to take anything away from GB's offense. Aaron Rodgers is probably currently one of the top 3 qb's in the league, but I suspect the eagles defense will be pushed around quite frequently this year. The average size of their front 7 is a little over 260lbs. Since the passing of Jim Johnson, Dawkins leaving the defense is no longer the identity of Philly. With that said. I expect the Pack to roll us. Rodgers makes it look effortless when their is a pass rush, I can only imagine what will happen today.

GB 30 Buffalo 10

We will not score a TD. 35 - 3. Couple of starters go down. The landslide to the #1 picks begins today. Bills nations goes into hiding after next week.

BOOOO! Ultra negative post.

Bills 20-17, as the offense comes to life, the run and the pass, and the Bills defense gets some turnovers.

In any case, the Bills will be an improving team and a good one as they progress through the year.

As a Packer fan, I think you guys may be a tad too negative and overestimating the Pack.

I'd say 28-13 is a more realistic prediction of the game. At least compared to the blowout some predicted.

Edited by Murgen

GB 44

Buffalo 13

Close call Frez!