The QB We Should Really Target.......Ryan Mallett

H2o

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problems with Mallett becoming a Bill:

1) First and foremost, if Arkansas beats 'bama next week, Mallett is probably the leading candidate for the Heisman;

2) The Bills will have to finish either dead last, or all the teams that finish with worse records than Buffalo pass on Mallett because they already have a star QB;

3) If #1 & #2 hold true (Mallett wins the Heisman AND Buffalo has the #1 overall pick), will Ralph pony up for an $80M contract with $50M+ guaranteed???

A more likely scenario is Gabe Carimi in round one and Jake Locker in round 2 (or maybe someone like Taylor Potts in round 4).

With all due respect Senator...the later round QBs we have taken, have not worked out. We do not have 3-5 years for a QB to be developed, we need a stud who can step in from day 1 like Stafford and Bradford, and be the face of this franchise. We need an identity...and someone who non-Bills fans will recognize. If we have a shot at one of these QBs and they are all rated in the 1st round, and we DONT take one...I will turn in my Bills fan-club membership card.

The Chargers were given an identity with 2 star players...Tomlinson and Rivers...

We have Spiller...Now, lets go get Mallett!!!

A buddy of mine is a Michigan fan and he LOVED this kid when he played at Michigan...and I think he fits in PERFECTLY in Buffalo!

With all due respect Senator...the later round QBs we have taken, have not worked out. We do not have 3-5 years for a QB to be developed, we need a stud who can step in from day 1 like Stafford and Bradford, and be the face of this franchise. We need an identity...and someone who non-Bills fans will recognize. If we have a shot at one of these QBs and they are all rated in the 1st round, and we DONT take one...I will turn in my Bills fan-club membership card.

The Chargers were given an identity with 2 star players...Tomlinson and Rivers...

We have Spiller...Now, lets go get Mallett!!!

A buddy of mine is a Michigan fan and he LOVED this kid when he played at Michigan...and I think he fits in PERFECTLY in Buffalo!

I'll wait to see how he plays against #1 Alabama this Saturday, but I agree that Mallett is the real deal and would love to see him in a Bills uniform - problem is that we'll probably have to finish dead last to get him (OK - maybe that's not such a problem after all, if Chan Gailey sticks with Trentie-boy all season), and Ralph will have to be willing to open up his wallet.

If the Bills are really bad enough to finish dead last this season, then in The Senator's ideal world we take Mallett with the #1 pick and Gabe Carimi lasts until the we pick again at the #33 spot!

After all, who am I to argue with...

Mike Leach ??? B-)

(Leach said the Heisman Trophy race now comes down to three factors: popularity, playing for a potential national championship team, and what that player means to his team. If there were a fourth factor to consider, Leach said, and the Heisman was awarded to to player who could physically whip the other candidates, he's certain Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett -- all 6-foot-6 and 240-plus pounds of him -- would win it. "They talk about having a playoff system. Have a playoff for the Heisman and I guarantee Ryan Mallett can whip every one of them," Leach said.)

Edited by The Senator

Who gives a CRAP!!! It's week 2 in the NFL.

That being said if the Bills need to get a QB next year. I would rather them get a very good veteran and then draft one in the 2nd round for the future. After all, people can throw names out everyday, no one knows if those guys will pan out. THAT is why the Bills may need a solid FA QB instead of giving a rookie a $50 million deal.

If we don't target one this year I would look in the near future at Ryan Nassib of SU who throw better than anybody we have on the roster and is only a sophomore(but was redshirted once yr). Watched him yesterday and all passes are on target and throws the ball down the field.

Mallet/Luck/Locker probably 1-2-3 in that order. Would not surprise me if Nix goes a different direction and takes a tackle or LB insteda.

He's also about to lose to a GA team with a freshman QB and without their top receiver.

Just say "no" to Drew II

Wow AJ. I couldn't disagree more. I am IN Arkansas right now and watched the game on a big screen. Not only is this kid an absolutely amazing talent, one can also see where he can be coached up in terms of decision making.

Badolbilz pointed out in another thread how a kid like him does have the biggest "bust" potential, but I have not seen this kind of talent in college for many years. There would seem to be no limit to what he could be. Think Big Ben with twice the arm.

Wow AJ. I couldn't disagree more. I am IN Arkansas right now and watched the game on a big screen. Not only is this kid an absolutely amazing talent, one can also see where he can be coached up in terms of decision making.

Badolbilz pointed out in another thread how a kid like him does have the biggest "bust" potential, but I have not seen this kind of talent in college for many years. There would seem to be no limit to what he could be. Think Big Ben with twice the arm.

Mallett sure looked like a pro yesterday, and he doesn't play directly against Georgia's freshman QB or substitute WR, either. I think AJ might be seeing things through garnet-and-black-tinted glasses.

I did not see Luck yesterday; I have no interest in Locker.

Mallett or the OL from Washington, as far as I'm concerned.

Problems with Mallett becoming a Bill:

1) First and foremost, if Arkansas beats 'bama next week, Mallett is probably the leading candidate for the Heisman;

2) The Bills will have to finish either dead last, or all the teams that finish with worse records than Buffalo pass on Mallett because they already have a star QB;

3) If #1 & #2 hold true (Mallett wins the Heisman AND Buffalo has the #1 overall pick), will Ralph pony up for an $80M contract with $50M+ guaranteed???

A more likely scenario is Gabe Carimi in round one and Jake Locker in round 2 (or maybe someone like Taylor Potts in round 4).

Re: #3 - Presuming there is a new CBA, any new CBA is going to have a rookie cap. Good year to draft a QB!