Ice brought the cold water...

DeeRay

First off... I was pissed at this game... even though the Bills pulled it off. Maybe it's because they played the despised Dolphins and I expected more from the Bills, especially when you consider the Dolphins record.

Anyway... putting this game in perspective, it had all the elements of a Dolphins upset. 2-10 vs. a streaking Bills team. Also, since no team plays mano y mano straight up... everything is predicated on schemes, matchups, & tendencies, this presents a problem because, with the coaching change in Miami only in it's 3rd game, they've done enough subtle tweaking in their offense/defense that the Bills and other teams haven't zeroed in on yet, and this is enough to give the Bills and other Dolphins opponents some problems. Trust me, the Dolphins are going to pull off an upset win on someone over the next few weeks... they've got nothing to lose.

Yeah... I thought the Bills offense was pathetic... managing only 14 points off 6 turnovers that were given to them (the 7th, thankfully, Fat Pat took it upon himself) and only two real scoring drives besides that. However, the Dolphins offense managed 4 TD drives... the 76 and 63 yd. drives should have humbled the Bills much ballyhooed defense. The two others were 40 and 31 yard drives set up because the Bills could not win the field position game early in this contest.

All in all, I took a few things away from this game...

1) As Bledsoe's number 1 Blaster, I will say... aside from him taking two sacks that were typically Drew (dumb and unnecessary), he played a good game and proved to me that if the Bills have the same system & coaches next year plus some additional help on the Oline, Bledsoe could be a serviceable backup. He ain't the answer at QB and the Bills won't ever go deep into the playoffs with him as the starter. Let's not go overboard here on his performance yesterday... this was against a Dolphins defense that is 29th in the league against the run...and the Dolphins defense was stacked to play the run... they were very concious that the Hometown boy McGahee was in the house. Bledsoe should have torched the Fins... for sure a good QB would have.

2) The defense struggled... plain and simple. I don't know why Bannan was inactive. Either he was injured or the Bills staff wanted to give Tim Johnson some time. In any case, in the Miami heat I would think you would want to bring your top 4 DTs to the dance... maybe it's an indication that they took the Fins lightly.

3) This win is huge... not just in terms of the victory itself. This is a game that the entire team can all take the blame for playing badly as well as taking well deserved credit for digging themselves back out the hole. This game brought the team even closer together... they found a way to win... and good teams usually do that.

4) The last thing I took from this game is that Lindell shouldn't have even been allowed to fly home with the team. If Mularkey, Donahoe, Modrak don't have at least 3 kickers in for a visit this week then they're either stupid or in denial. Lindell has already cost the Bills games and he's going to cost them a big one when it comes down to a field goal... he simply cannot be trusted outside of 35 yards.

It just goes to show yet again, that winning on the road is very difficult. If we're fortunate enough to win our remaining two home games....we might stumble at Cinci or SF. Even SF can win a home game on any given day.

why dont you be a man and give up the Drew bashing already..most of your ilk have the brains to keep quiet. Drew had a great game. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I agree with everything except this.

1) As Bledsoe's number 1 Blaster, I will say... aside from him taking two sacks that were typically Drew (dumb and unnecessary), he played a good game and proved to me that if the Bills have the same system & coaches next year plus some additional help on the Oline, Bledsoe could be a serviceable backup. Bledsoe should have torched the Fins... for sure a good QB would have.

148354[/snapback]

You think this type of performance against one of the best pass defenses in the NFL is expected?

Then you say that "any good QB would have torched the Fins", but somehow Bledsoe at his BEST can only be a servicable backup? So which is it? Is Bledsoe a good QB or could any servicable backup torch the Fins like this?

I disagree that this game had all the makings of an upset. True it was on the road vs. a division rival. But we beat a non-conference foe last week, so there was no reason for a letdown. Next week we're playing Cleveland so there was nothing to "look ahead" to. Not exactly a classic trap game. I'll give Miami some credit. We didn't exactly blow them out at home either.

7 turnovers or not, Drew and the offense made plays when they needed to. I will admit it's strange the game was as close as it was with the big turnover advantage. But it was just as strange last week beating a decent team on the road by 29 points despite losing the turnover battle - that's something that's unheard of in the NFL.

I'm with you on Bledsoe, but it's a waste of energy to argue at this point. There will be plenty of time to argue that in the offseason, but for now I'll take this win and sidestep the "you're not a bills fan" jabs - the Republican equivalent to "unamerican traitor" labels.

Then you say that "any good QB would have torched the Fins", but somehow Bledsoe at his BEST can only be a servicable backup? So which is it? Is Bledsoe a good QB or could any servicable backup torch the Fins like this?

Please allow me to re-phrase and hopefully clarify... I should have stated the following...

this was against a Dolphins defense that is 29th in the league against the run...and the Dolphins defense was stacked to play the run... they were very concious that the Hometown boy McGahee was in the house. Bledsoe, IF HE WERE A GOOD QB, should have torched the Fins... for sure a good QB would have.

So, let there be no confusion as to where I stand on Bledsoe. He is not a good QB, the Bills won't, can't, zero, nada, No, No No go deep into the playoffs with him as their starting QB. He has, however won me over that he is a serviceable vetern backup QB. Three weeks ago I would not even have wanted him on the roster.

Say what you will... that's my opinion

Please allow me to re-phrase and hopefully clarify... I should have stated the following...

So, let there be no confusion as to where I stand on Bledsoe.  He is not a good QB, the Bills won't, can't, zero, nada, No, No No go deep into the playoffs with him as their starting QB.  He has, however won me over that he is a serviceable vetern backup QB.  Three weeks ago I would not even have wanted him on the roster.

148458[/snapback]

well...you know what they say about opinions...everyone has one just like ----- and your opinion should be flushed.

So, let there be no confusion as to where I stand on Bledsoe.  He is not a good QB, the Bills won't, can't, zero, nada, No, No No go deep into the playoffs with him as their starting QB.  He has, however won me over that he is a serviceable vetern backup QB.  Three weeks ago I would not even have wanted him on the roster.

148458[/snapback]

There's no confusion on my part. You have no clue as to what Bledsoe has meant to this team this season. He has outpointed the Kelly Bill's team in this three week strech. He's made the Bills offense one of the best in the league yet you misguidedly refuse to recognize this acheivement. Moreover you feel the need to laughably call for his benching! It's so much fun to see the Bledsoe bashers go down in flames like this. ;):(:lol::huh:

First off... I was pissed at this game... even though the Bills pulled it off. Maybe it's because they played the despised Dolphins and I expected more from the Bills, especially when you consider the Dolphins record.

Here is the problem, everyone expects to little from the bills. They love these close wins over the 2nd worst team in football. gone are the days when most expected greatness.

Anyway... putting this game in perspective, it had all the elements of a Dolphins upset.  2-10 vs. a streaking Bills team.  Also, since no team plays mano y mano straight up... everything is predicated on schemes, matchups, & tendencies, this presents a problem because, with the coaching change in Miami only in it's 3rd game, they've done enough subtle tweaking in their offense/defense that the Bills and other teams haven't zeroed in on yet, and this is enough to give the Bills and other Dolphins opponents some problems. Trust me, the Dolphins are going to pull off an upset win on someone over the next few weeks... they've got nothing to lose.

Yeah... I thought the Bills offense was pathetic... managing only 14 points off 6 turnovers that were given to them (the 7th, thankfully, Fat Pat took it upon himself) and only two real scoring drives besides that.  However, the Dolphins offense managed 4 TD drives... the 76 and 63 yd. drives should have humbled the Bills much ballyhooed defense.  The two others were 40 and 31 yard drives set up because the Bills could not win the field position game early in this contest.

See here is the deal if we are as good as most are sceaming... we should have blown Miami away. Did anyone see NE vs Cleveland?  Philly vs GB? THAT Is what we need to be. Not limping out of Miami thanking God Miami is the 2nd worst team in football AND gave us 7 gifts AND had a KO Return for a TD AND Pat williams at TD as well.

All in all, I took a few things away from this game...

1) As Bledsoe's number 1 Blaster, I will say... aside from him taking two sacks that were typically Drew (dumb and unnecessary), he played a good game and proved to me that if the Bills have the same system & coaches next year plus some additional help on the Oline, Bledsoe could be a serviceable backup. 

good to see someone else gets it.

He ain't the answer at QB and the Bills won't ever go deep into the playoffs with him as the starter. Let's not go overboard here on his performance yesterday... this was against a Dolphins defense that is 29th in the league against the run...and the Dolphins defense was stacked to play the run... they were very concious that the Hometown boy McGahee was in the house.  Bledsoe should have torched the Fins... for sure a good QB would have.

Please don't try to inject common sense into the psycho fanatisism that is TSW. this board MUST have it's savior that they root for over team.

2) The defense struggled... plain and simple.  I don't know why Bannan was inactive.  Either he was injured or the Bills staff wanted to give Tim Johnson some time.  In any case, in the Miami heat I would think you would want to bring your top 4 DTs to the dance... maybe it's an indication that they took the Fins lightly.

My take is we ran a cover 2 for most of the first 1/2?  Why? Ego is my guess. The Bills are coming off of some upset wins (yeah folks both were upset wins) and thought they could play around and beat the Dolphins OL with just our front 4. Didn't happen and we got burned.

3) This win is huge... not just in terms of the victory itself.  This is a game that the entire team can all take the blame for playing badly as well as taking well deserved credit for digging themselves back out the hole.  This game brought the team even closer together... they found a way to win... and good teams usually do that.

I can agree with that to an extent.

4) The last thing I took from this game is that Lindell shouldn't have even been allowed to fly home with the team.  If Mularkey, Donahoe, Modrak don't have at least 3 kickers in for a visit this week then they're either stupid or in denial.  Lindell has already cost the Bills games and he's going to cost them a big one when it comes down to a field goal... he simply cannot be trusted outside of 35 yards.

Well you fail to understand. This IS TD's signing. He signed Lindell to the biggest deal a Bills kicker has ever had. 5 years to boot. Don't you remember a couple years back when we went through about 4 kickers in one season? TD can't find a good kicker to save his ass.

148354[/snapback]

There's no confusion on my part. You have no clue as to what Bledsoe has meant to this team this season. He has outpointed the Kelly Bill's team in this three week strech. He's made the Bills offense one of the best in the league yet you misguidedly refuse to recognize this acheivement. Moreover you feel the need to laughably call for his benching! It's so much fun to see the Bledsoe bashers go down in flames like this.  :devil:  :D  :lol:  :lol:

148491[/snapback]

I'm neither a Bledsoe basher, nor apologist. I'm a Bills fan. What I'd like to ask of you is this, how does a 3 game stretch makeup for two years of poor play? I think those bashing Bledsoe had a right too, at times. Also, those of you who stuck by his side did.

In the end, if he plays like this, WE ALL WIN! No Bledsoe basher wants the Bills to lose, in order to feel vindicated. If they do, are they really Bills fans?

There's no confusion on my part. You have no clue as to what Bledsoe has meant to this team this season. He has outpointed the Kelly Bill's team in this three week strech. He's made the Bills offense one of the best in the league yet you misguidedly refuse to recognize this acheivement. Moreover you feel the need to laughably call for his benching! It's so much fun to see the Bledsoe bashers go down in flames like this.  :devil:  :D  :lol:  :lol:

148491[/snapback]

Will never happen. And please don't ever use that QB's name in the same sentance as a Great like Kelly again. It pisses on all that the greats have done.

None of us that have a realistic view will go down in flames. We will be the ones standing pointing out moronic assclowns like yourself that put player above team WHEN we win a superbowl with the right man at the helm.

I'm neither a Bledsoe basher,  nor apologist.  I'm a Bills fan.  What I'd like to ask of you is this,  how does a 3 game stretch makeup for two years of poor play?  I think those bashing Bledsoe had a right too,  at times.  Also,  those of you who stuck by his side did.

In the end,  if he plays like this,  WE ALL WIN!  No Bledsoe basher wants the Bills to lose,  in order to feel vindicated.  If they do,  are they really Bills fans?

148527[/snapback]

I have a problem with the bashers refusal of recognizing the fact that WITH Lee Evans, WITH Willis McGahee, and WITH the offensive line coming together, that Bledsoe has NOW become the dangerous player we Bills fans were all hoping he could become again. His downfall was not overcoming the loss of Peerless and the ineffective play of Travis Henry and the inconsistent line play. Yes he played badly during that long strech of games but the REAL playmakers are now in place. This offense has arrived big time. Yet they continue to bash! They continue to call for a wet behind the ears JP. This is over the line bashing now and should be called out as such.

Will never happen. And please don't ever use that QB's name in the same sentance as a Great like Kelly again. It pisses on all that the greats have done.

None of us that have a realistic view will go down in flames. We will be the ones standing pointing out moronic assclowns like yourself that put player above team WHEN we win a superbowl with the right man at the helm.

148535[/snapback]

Bledsoe bashers = moronic assclowns

ICE, please just answer me this. It will go a long way towards stopping the personal attacks on both sides of this Drew issue:

Forgetting the QB situation completely for a moment. Are you happy that this team is 6-6 right now and has a great shot at getting at least 9 wins for the first time in a very long time?

I'm not trying to be an ass at all, just curious.

they were very concious that the Hometown boy McGahee was in the house. Bledsoe, IF HE WERE A GOOD QB, should have torched the Fins... for sure a good QB would have.

148458[/snapback]

I'm not trying to discount your opinion or your right to have one. But your edit puzzles me even more. Now you say IF HE WERE A GOOD QB, he should have torched the fins.

Did he NOT torch the fins? I'd say what he layed on them was a pretty good hurtin. 4 TDs, 0 picks...So are you saying he is a good QB since he did torch the fins or are you saying that he did not torch the fins?

You mean like Kelly? I hate to have to tear down a great like Kelly to make a point about Bledsoe, but Jim never won a SB either. So now you're betting the farm on Losman?

Did he NOT torch the fins? I'd say what he layed on them was a pretty good hurtin. 4 TDs, 0 picks...So are you saying he is a good QB since he did torch the fins or are you saying that he did not torch the fins?

I don't think you and me are on the same page to have agreement on this.

My expectation from Drew Bledsoe, with his salary and hype is not Peyton Manning nor Donavan McNabb. I don't expect greatness, but I don't expect barely adequate either. I expect somewhere in the line of Brett Favre-Tom Brady-Steve McNair... a QB that with 2:00 minutes left in the game and your team down by 4 you can put the ball and game in his hands and get the touchdown you need... Drew can't do that... he'll screw that up before any of his teamates do. An offense has little or no margin for error with him at the controls. He's not instinctive nor can he improvise... certainly not the trademark of a QB with his experience and pedigree.

So, 6 turnovers (#7 Pat took to the house) and two TDs to show for is not exactly lighting it up or "torching". Drew's TD tosses came on drives of 41, 78, 69, 34 yards... The 78 and 69 being on drives after punts. The 41, 34 being on turnover set ups. And Drew moved the ball a whopping 6 yards after TKO's pick to set Lindell up for yet another failure... a FG longer than 35 yards. Drew should help his team out more... he has to know Lindell's "sweet spot" is when you advance the ball to the 15 or deeper.

My definition of Torching is let the D bring 8-9 up... everytime you do, it's going to be 25 yards minimum each time. And if the defense gives you 6 turnovers, I'm gonna give you points on 2/3 of them.

Our expectations are very different so, we aren't going to agree.

True. The Bills have all-pros at every position on offense, including backup QB. Merely changing the starting QB will make everything better.   

Oh and did I mention  ?

Dude your talking one game. How bout if I say the magic word "New England". I mean clearly Drew was exposed.

All you Drew koolaid Drinkers, now that the tough part of the Bills schedule is behind them and now they're playing the sub .500 teams you're totally ignoring the fact that when Drew was challenged playing > .500 teams he sucked, and as a result, so did the rest of the offense. Now that he's playing teams at his own level or below, somehow he's Johnny U. reincarnated and we better get his HOF bust ready. Way too much koolaid my friend.... way way too much.