Some interesting "stats" from week one regarding QBs

Rayzer32

Let me first say I think this "stat" of the QB rating is kinda misleading and meaningless, seeing how you can have a terrible rating and still win a game. But it's quite interesting to see how some of the "star" QBs and other starting QBs compared to TE in this category. Some pretty big names below him, but unfortunately for Trent, most of these guys have already proven what they are usually capable of.

Aaron Rodgers 73.1

Trent Edwards 73.0

Brett Favre 71.7

Jason Campbell 69.7

Matt Ryan 67.6

Matt Schaub 67.5

Donovan McNabb 63.4

Joe Flacco 62.2

Jake Delhomme 59.2

Mark Sanchez 56.4

Kevin Kolb 56.2

Sam Bradford 53.1

Alex Smith 52.5

Matt Moore 32.6

post the YPC stats, that should tell the truth, or 3rd down conversions

Well that's why I stated that it's a very misleading stat. It doesn't tell the real truth as to how the QB actually looked on the field. But in Trents defense, when he does go deep, he throws a pretty good ball. Did anyone happen to see Matt Moore for Carolina yesterday? He was atrocious when trying to go downfield. I am not defending TE at all, he was absolutely pitiful yesterday and I'm all for a new QB, but neither of the turds we have on the bench do it for me either. I'll just hurry up and wait until someone at OBD realizes that maybe a capable QB behind center can actually help this team.

1st, a stat like that is pretty worthless given the small sample set (maybe 30 passes). However, FWIW, I'd bet that most/all the QBs w/ low ratings had more INTs than TDs. Despite his abysmal performance TE had no picks & 1 TD. Had the Fins managed to hold onto those 2, he'd probably be at the bottom of that list.

There's no point in drafting a 'sanchize'. You need to draft a capable QB.

I don't care if they trade for a capable QB, just so long as they go get one. Look at guys like Favre, Brees, Schaub who were traded for early in their careers. I just don't think the Bills have anyone smart enough to recognize a possible star in the making. Since Kelly they have bombed with Collins, Van Pelt, Flutie, Hobert, Johnson, Travis Brown, Shayne Matthews, Losman, Edwards, Holcombe. That's a pretty bad track record.

1st, a stat like that is pretty worthless given the small sample set (maybe 30 passes). However, FWIW, I'd bet that most/all the QBs w/ low ratings had more INTs than TDs. Despite his abysmal performance TE had no picks & 1 TD. Had the Fins managed to hold onto those 2, he'd probably be at the bottom of that list.

1 INT alters that rating a ton. But many of those QBs on that list didn't have many attempts. It was obvious that the Jets did not want Sanchez to have to throw to win tonight.

Guest dog14787

Considering the receivers and TE's Trent Edwards is working with now, it has to be at the Bills all time low as far as talent/experience goes in the hands department and probably one of if not the worse overall group/s in the league.

Then we have a suspect O-line on top of it and folks/fans want to run whats probably one of our more talented players on our team into the ground for management screw ups over the last 3 seasons. Folks including management appaerently can't seem to understand it all starts up front and especially at the LT and RT positions.

Eric friggin Wood this Eric friggin Wood that, then put :censored: Wood at the Damn left tackle position and keep our weakness's in front of our QB so he can at least see whats coming at him and not get blind sided :wallbash:

We all watched our pitiful O-line get blown backwards off of the line of scrimmage last season like a bunch of rag dolls for a whole friggin season and now we have to do it all over again for another season :wallbash:

I feel better now :rolleyes:

Edited by dog14787

Well that's why I stated that it's a very misleading stat. It doesn't tell the real truth as to how the QB actually looked on the field. But in Trents defense, when he does go deep, he throws a pretty good ball. Did anyone happen to see Matt Moore for Carolina yesterday? He was atrocious when trying to go downfield. I am not defending TE at all, he was absolutely pitiful yesterday and I'm all for a new QB, but neither of the turds we have on the bench do it for me either. I'll just hurry up and wait until someone at OBD realizes that maybe a capable QB behind center can actually help this team.

AT least Fitzpatrick will throw the ball, many times deep. The pass will many times not be on target, being over the head, behind, out of bounds etc of the intended receiver, but at least he will throw it. At this point, I would much rather see that than Edwards running around back there only to dump off a 3 yard pass or throw it out of bounds.

Edited by matter2003

Let me first say I think this "stat" of the QB rating is kinda misleading and meaningless, seeing how you can have a terrible rating and still win a game. But it's quite interesting to see how some of the "star" QBs and other starting QBs compared to TE in this category. Some pretty big names below him, but unfortunately for Trent, most of these guys have already proven what they are usually capable of.

Aaron Rodgers 73.1

Trent Edwards 73.0

Brett Favre 71.7

Jason Campbell 69.7

Matt Ryan 67.6

Matt Schaub 67.5

Donovan McNabb 63.4

Joe Flacco 62.2

Jake Delhomme 59.2

Mark Sanchez 56.4

Kevin Kolb 56.2

Sam Bradford 53.1

Alex Smith 52.5

Matt Moore 32.6

So by looking at these stupid stat and think TE did okay in comparison to someone like Flacco. If you watched either game one guy has his head up, looking downfield and throwing the ball and the other takes a quick peek downfield, then goes into duck and cove mode, dumping it off, getting sacked or getting hit. Gimme a 62 rating and a guy that has balls. By dumping it off it improves his stats but does not improve his teams chances of winning. Obviously stats are for losers.

Aaron Rodgers 73.1

Trent Edwards 73.0

Brett Favre 71.7

Jason Campbell 69.7

Matt Ryan 67.6

Matt Schaub 67.5

Donovan McNabb 63.4

Joe Flacco 62.2

Jake Delhomme 59.2

Mark Sanchez 56.4

Kevin Kolb 56.2

Sam Bradford 53.1

Alex Smith 52.5

Matt Moore 32.6

Great, let's trade Trend Edwards to Houston for Matt Shaub and a draft pick then. Just show Houston this breakdown, and I'm sure they'll go for it.

Edited by fallen627

So by looking at these stupid stat and think TE did okay in comparison to someone like Flacco. If you watched either game one guy has his head up, looking downfield and throwing the ball and the other takes a quick peek downfield, then goes into duck and cove mode, dumping it off, getting sacked or getting hit. Gimme a 62 rating and a guy that has balls. By dumping it off it improves his stats but does not improve his teams chances of winning. Obviously stats are for losers.

While what you say is all true, it's a lot easier for Flacco to look downfield when he has Boldin, Mason, Houshmandzadeh and a real TE like Heap running downfield. Now there was a lot of offensive futility at last night's game, but Flacco & the Ravens will put up a lot of points in most games. The offensive weapons Baltimore has are impressive. The Bills @ Ravens game is going to be something like 31-0 at some point before Baltimore just runs out the clock. I don't even want to think what the Jets' D will do to our O, because holding the Ravens to 10 points is beyond impressive.