Who Is This Team Gonna Beat?

ohiotim

I'm not an optimist, and I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Going into this season, my prediction was between 4-12 and 6-10, picking Top 5 in next year's draft.

HOWEVER.

I thought this was gonna be a win. As far as talent, I put the Bills and Dolphins about neck and neck going into the season, with Jets slightly above and Pats significantly above.

I now see that assessment was wrong.

I defy anyone to look at the remainder of this season and pick out more than four absolute, guaranteed, lock wins. And I mean the kind you're willing to put money down on.

At best, this team can beat the Lions and Chiefs, and a road game in KC is no easy task. The Bengals, who knows. That team should be putting up a ton of points.

09/19 @ Green Bay Packers

09/26 @ New England Patriots

10/03 NEW YORK JETS

10/10 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

10/24 @ Baltimore Ravens

10/31 @ Kansas City Chiefs

11/07 CHICAGO BEARS (Toronto)

11/14 DETROIT LIONS

11/21 @ Cincinnati Bengals

11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS

12/05 @ Minnesota Vikings

12/12 CLEVELAND BROWNS

12/19 @ Miami Dolphins

12/26 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

01/02 @ New York Jets

Anyone who can logically, realistically get me beyond 2-3 wins, please do so. I beg of you, please do so. I've been at this since 1983, so you better back it up.

There's 4 wins, maybe.

Not gonna beat the Bears. Their defense is much better than the 'fins, they'll chew up our piss-poor tackles.

The Browns are a wild card. Remember, this is a team the Bills have lost to 3-times in a row when the Bills were supposedly better. I watched the entire Browns game, nothing makes me think we can stop their offense.

Guarantee a win in KC? Ballsy. You think Edwards is gonna outplay Cassel?

I can see 4 games we could win. I think only the Cleveland game is one we should win. I think the Lions will kick our ass with Johnson and Best. So at best I see us 5 wins. I watched today and this team has not changed. They are painful to watch. The last play of the game was exactly what this team is. We needed a 80 yard play and the qb, without enough confidence in both himself and his receivers, chose to toss a ten yard completion to a tight end. Beautiful in that it represents this team perfectly. Going nowhere because the mentality to win is not there.

Edited by Dante

I watched today's game, and I felt absolutely no hope in the offense. We have no QB and our O line is pretty poor. And lets face it while we have a strong secondary, our front seven is pretty marginal as well especially in the pass rush. There is just no constant crashing of the pocket by our D line. NOONE dominates. And Ms. Posluzny is hurt again (big shocker there). It is amazing that another offseason comes and goes, and we are still lacking dramatically in talented players. We still pretty much suck. I saw absolutely no difference in this team and any of the teams coached by Jauron. And that is sad. What did they see in TE that would make them want to keep him? He plays scared on every down!! This looks like a 2-3 win team. Because most of the teams we play will throw the ball a whole lot better than the Dolphins will. With no pass rush, it could get very ugly.

Not gonna beat the Bears. Their defense is much better than the 'fins, they'll chew up our piss-poor tackles.

The Browns are a wild card. Remember, this is a team the Bills have lost to 3-times in a row when the Bills were supposedly better. I watched the entire Browns game, nothing makes me think we can stop their offense.

Guarantee a win in KC? Ballsy. You think Edwards is gonna outplay Cassel?

You cannot take one performance and use it to predict the entire season. It just doesn't work that way. I guarantee the Bills win at least 1 game this year that 95% of the people on this board would call "unwinnable".

I really thought we had a chance at an 8 and 8 season this year. After the Fins game I just don't see it. I was really thinking we would finally see some offense. That was not there. There were some great plays (go Roscoe) but the offense as a whole looked pathetic. Our great running game went up in a puff of smoke. There was little else there to show any promise for the season. I like Chan's call at the 4th and 1, and again taking the safety. I still believe Chan is the guy. I just don't think we have the talent.

Saw Green Bay play Philly after. I am not even going to turn next weeks game on....

:wallbash:

You cannot take one performance and use it to predict the entire season. It just doesn't work that way. I guarantee the Bills win at least 1 game this year that 95% of the people on this board would call "unwinnable".

Is there a single position that this team is MORE talented at than last year? I can't name one.

Are there positions that this team is LESS talented at than last year?

-Wide Receiver: whatever you think of T.O. at this point in his career, I'll take him over the stiffs they're playing opposite Lee Evans. We have a guy playing the #2 on our team that would have a hard time making the roster on most.

-Defensive End: think anyone is gonna get the sacks that Aaron Schobel had over the last few years? Get the pressure on the QB the way he did? Alex Carrington was drafted in the third round, and he's not even active. And don't get me started on the waste that is Aaron Maybin.

-Linebacker: At least with three, there was less emphasis on how bad they are. Now that four have to be on the field, it's not a stretch to say that this is the least talented, least impactful group in the NFL. Seriously, every team in the NFL has at least one star, at least one guy who makes big plays.

-Offensive Tackles: Just awful. UFL awful. Can't start on another team awful.

-Quarterback: see Offensive Tackles.

This team has talented, productive players at running back, cornerback, safety, offensive guard. Unfortunately, that doesn't make a good team. 10 years of wasted drafts, sub-par coaching staffs and mediocre management have have left most of the cupboards bare.

Is there a single position that this team is MORE talented at than last year? I can't name one.

Are there positions that this team is LESS talented at than last year?

-Wide Receiver: whatever you think of T.O. at this point in his career, I'll take him over the stiffs they're playing opposite Lee Evans. We have a guy playing the #2 on our team that would have a hard time making the roster on most.

-Defensive End: think anyone is gonna get the sacks that Aaron Schobel had over the last few years? Get the pressure on the QB the way he did? Alex Carrington was drafted in the third round, and he's not even active. And don't get me started on the waste that is Aaron Maybin.

-Linebacker: At least with three, there was less emphasis on how bad they are. Now that four have to be on the field, it's not a stretch to say that this is the least talented, least impactful group in the NFL. Seriously, every team in the NFL has at least one star, at least one guy who makes big plays.

-Offensive Tackles: Just awful. UFL awful. Can't start on another team awful.

-Quarterback: see Offensive Tackles.

This team has talented, productive players at running back, cornerback, safety, offensive guard. Unfortunately, that doesn't make a good team. 10 years of wasted drafts, sub-par coaching staffs and mediocre management have have left most of the cupboards bare.

Tim,

You hit the nail on the head man. (too bad you are from Ohio and not Michigan LOL) Seriously, how can you win when you have no talent in the front seven or at WR, TE, QB or OT? It is unbelievable. And seriously, what have Nix and Gailey done in the offseason to upgrade the talent? Not a whole lot. We may see how really bad this team is if we go into the Jax game 0-4 with three very bad losses potentially coming up. Gailey and Nix should be absolutely ashamed with the lack of talent at a majority of our positions.

I had 4 wins before the season and also had this listed as one of them. 1 to 2 is realistically where were at. Which is what every media expert that the optimists said would be "eating crow" predicted. From Nix down to the long snapper this team is in big trouble. BUT hopefully a good QB in next years draft. I imagine we'll have our choice.