Take a minute today to remember the victims of 9/11

notwoz

I hope we all set aside a few moments today for silent reflection to honor the thousands of people who died on 9/11/01 in New York, Washington, DC, and Shanksville, Pa. We also need to offer our thanks for the thousands more servicemen and women from many nations who died or were wounded in the years since, as well as those who served our nation so proudly and bravely.

This anniversary is a stark reminder that what happens on the sports field pales in comparison to events in the world arena.

I hope we all set aside a few moments today for silent reflection to honor the thousands of people who died on 9/11/01 in New York, Washington, DC, and Shanksville, Pa. We also need to offer our thanks for the thousands more servicemen and women from many nations who died or were wounded in the years since, as well as those who served our nation so proudly and bravely.

This anniversary is a stark reminder that what happens on the sports field pales in comparison to events in the world arena.

Its amazing that it has been 9 years.

Edited by Special K

I agree with you whole heartedly about this notwoz. I respect everyone who serves our armed forces, present and past. Playing a football game does not compare to paying the ultimate price. We need to put this into perspective.

:worthy:

Edited by Pilsner

Thank you for the reminder. I didn't need it though there is not a day that goes by that I don't remember it.

Edited by Trader