CJ SPILLER

ThrillIsGone

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...I know what he said...& I'm thinking the last one was in the early 90's. If I'm wrong, somebody please enlighten me. Spikes...hmmmm???...not so sure?

If Spikes wasn't a "star" then I hope you wouldn't argue that Biscuit or Talley were stars either. Spikes in his first two years for the Bills was as respected and feared around the league as much, if not more than, Biscuit & Talley ever were.

Anyone else notice how whenever CJ Spiller is asked about his role on this team he's always talking about winning the Super Bowl. Not performing well on a weekly basis, or scoring 10 TD's, but doing all he can do to help this team win a Super Bowl. I love that about this kid. It seems like for the last decade nobody even has the cayunes to talk about a playoff birth, and here is this explosive rookie already with his eyes on the prize. A true winners mentality in my opinion. Here's to hoping it spreads!

Lets Go Buffalo!!!

Spiller is the only reason I have any hope for the Bills this season...

If Spikes wasn't a "star" then I hope you wouldn't argue that Biscuit or Talley were stars either. Spikes in his first two years for the Bills was as respected and feared around the league as much, if not more than, Biscuit & Talley ever were.

Well...since I would argue that Biscuit & Talley were legitimate stars...& since your point is quite valid, then the proper answer to Beggar13's original question would have to be Takeo Spikes - 2006. My apologies. Can anybody think of a more recent legitimate star for the Bills? I would hate to think we're having a 4 yr gap here...Spikes > Spiller.

Well...since I would argue that Biscuit & Talley were legitimate stars...& since your point is quite valid, then the proper answer to Beggar13's original question would have to be Takeo Spikes - 2006. My apologies. Can anybody think of a more recent legitimate star for the Bills? I would hate to think we're having a 4 yr gap here...Spikes > Spiller.

it is tough, not sure who would be after spikes or before him. i wouldn't even have thought of spikes if someone else hadn't mentioned him, but he was that good for a short period of time.

maybe it depends how someone defines "star" - in the sense of popularity around the league, TO is a "star". if "star" also includes production, then scratch TO from the list of recent "star" Bills.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy

So we love Spiller for talking Superbowl, but we hate Whitner for talking a week 1 win? Just trying to keep track.

I didn't mind Whitner saying that. There is a difference in demeanor between the two though. Whitner sounds like he is trying to convince himself, and the listener, Spiller sounds like he is just letting you know whats going on.

Whatever. If you don't get a lift from Spiller's attitude it's up to you, but there are more than a few that notice something different in Spiller. I'm usually considered a downer on this board, but I think I see something to work with in Spiller. They've needed an infusion of both talent and confidence for a while.

Edited by ThrowIt

it is tough, not sure who would be after spikes or before him. i wouldn't even have thought of spikes if someone else hadn't mentioned him, but he was that good for a short period of time.

maybe it depends how someone defines "star" - in the sense of popularity around the league, TO is a "star". if "star" also includes production, then scratch TO from the list of recent "star" Bills.

I'm thinking star...as someone who has played like a star for the Bills. So that would exclude T.O. The question is...is T.O. on the downside of his career like Bledsoe, or does he still have gas in the tank & was the victim of a dysfunctional offense? I guess we'll know the answer to that after this year in Cinci. My guess is he still has it. Fast Freddie has played like a star at times...but just falls short as a legitimate star for the Bills. Maybe in time, but now with Spiller in the mix, that will be more difficult for him.

I would argue that a real star is a multiple Pro Bowler. Biscuit? Maybe. Talley, nah... I loved the guy but he was more a local hero, maybe he should have made another Pro Bowl (I know he made it as a coaches choice), but he wasn't as great as Takeo. Takeo was a 2 time ALL-PRO, as in best in the league at his position.

TO, WAS a star, but as the other guy noted, he was talking about guys that were stars while playing for the BIlls, not guys finishing out their careers.

London Fletcher? C'mon.

Edited by ThrowIt

You must be young...early 90's. A whole slew of 'em. Our glory years! They're not all in Canton yet.

1999 was the last time the Bills had superstars on the roster. That was the last season of Bruce (best ever)(HOF), Thruman (HOF) and Andre (HOF finalist).

It would be nice to think anyone as outstanding as these guys is on the team now.

I would argue that a real star is a multiple Pro Bowler. Biscuit? Maybe. Talley, nah... I loved the guy but he was more a local hero, maybe he should have made another Pro Bowl (I know he made it as a coaches choice), but he wasn't as great as Takeo. Takeo was a 2 time ALL-PRO, as in best in the league at his position.

TO, WAS a star, but as the other guy noted, he was talking about guys that were stars while playing for the BIlls, not guys finishing out their careers.

London Fletcher? C'mon.

Multiple Pro Bowler = Star...I like that. And I agree on Fletcher.

1999 was the last time the Bills had superstars on the roster. That was the last season of Bruce (best ever)(HOF), Thruman (HOF) and Andre (HOF finalist).

It would be nice to think anyone as outstanding as these guys is on the team now.

That was my original thought as well, but Strive-4-5 made a legitimate case for Spikes. And we DO have someone...Spiller. It just hasn't come to fruition yet.

Multiple Pro Bowler = Star...I like that. And I agree on Fletcher.

That was my original thought as well, but Strive-4-5 made a legitimate case for Spikes. And we DO have someone...Spiller. It just hasn't come to fruition yet.

Eric Moulds?

Sam Gash?

TO

I guess Moulds fits the criteria.

Sam Gash? I guess I was crazy, and taking common sense for granted!!! "BRIAN MOORMAN SUUUUUPPPPERRRRR STAAAARRRRRR!!!!" some positions just don't count)

Whats the problem with Gash or Fullbacks for that matter? This guy was great and feared by many a defense. How many other Fullbacks do you know that go to the Pro Bowl without a single carry during the season? This guy was a game changer and set the attitude of the Bills of the late 90's .. Punters can't do that..but a quality fullback can. Can you imagine what this team would be like with a fullback like Gash blazing the trail for CJ..

Whats the problem with Gash or Fullbacks for that matter? This guy was great and feared by many a defense. How many other Fullbacks do you know that go to the Pro Bowl without a single carry during the season? This guy was a game changer and set the attitude of the Bills of the late 90's .. Punters can't do that..but a quality fullback can. Can you imagine what this team would be like with a fullback like Gash blazing the trail for CJ..

We talkin bout STARS. Yes, I like a good fullback as much as the next guy. But...... aahhh, if you don't get the question, nothing I say will clear it up for you. "Yay, for the fullback!"