Why I am more excited for this opener than any other in recent memory.

beggar13

It's not because I think we are going to have a great season. It's because this is the first time in what seems forever that I just truly don't know what to expect. It's like when you would open you Christmas presents before you got old enough to start looking for them hidden in the attic back in October. I have more optimism going in to this season for some reason because I really believe that we can shock and surprise some people. NO ONE expects a damn thing from the Bills, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Come Sunday after the game, I think we are all going to know real quick what this season has in store for us. Until that time, I am going to let my thoughts run wild with all of the crazy plays Gailey can throw at the Dolphins. If...no, WHEN we beat them, let's all just enjoy every "expert" back track and talk about "Whooaa, the Buffalo Bills come out swinging and tell the rest of the AFC East that this isn't just a three horse race!"

GO BILLS!

It's not because I think we are going to have a great season. It's because this is the first time in what seems forever that I just truly don't know what to expect. It's like when you would open you Christmas presents before you got old enough to start looking for them hidden in the attic back in October. I have more optimism going in to this season for some reason because I really believe that we can shock and surprise some people. NO ONE expects a damn thing from the Bills, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Come Sunday after the game, I think we are all going to know real quick what this season has in store for us. Until that time, I am going to let my thoughts run wild with all of the crazy plays Gailey can throw at the Dolphins. If...no, WHEN we beat them, let's all just enjoy every "expert" back track and talk about "Whooaa, the Buffalo Bills come out swinging and tell the rest of the AFC East that this isn't just a three horse race!"

GO BILLS!

After what we Bills fans have suffered through these past 10 years, I share your enthusiasm. New coach --- who looks like he can actually coach, for starters. I just hope it's not like that Peanuts gag where Lucy pulls the ball away from Charlie Brown just as he's about to kick the ball.

GO BILLS!

The so called experts will probably more inclined to make excuses for Miami.

I'm hoping Spiller has a monster day. He's one Bills player that will be talked a lot about, everywhere.

Edited by Blaise321

GO BILLS!

i dont know.....maybe because we finally stand a chance in the home opener.

I have the kind of excitement that I had for the home opener in 1988 against the Vikings. Going into 1988, you just knew the team had turned the corner and was playoff bound. The Bills won the opener 13-10. Now, I'm not saying that the playoffs is a given this year or anything, but this team will be competitive again and will play to win (instead of not to lose). I just think this team is about to turn the corner on the Decade of Futility and it starts Sunday.

So, we didn't stand a chance the last two times we opened a season at home when we blew out the Seahawks and lost to Denver on a, literally, last second field goal? :huh:

you're right. i thought op meant SEASON opener. while we played pats very good last year, most thought we didnt have a chance since we played so poor in preseason and jauron sucks.

So, we didn't stand a chance the last two times we opened a season at home when we blew out the Seahawks and lost to Denver on a, literally, last second field goal? :huh:

Agreed. It was as exciting 2 seasons ago as now. We knew we were going to beat the Seahawks as they had no receivers for that game and Hasselbeck was having injury issues and it was the lame duck season for Holmgren. It was also Trents first game as the full season starter.....and we went 5-1 in those first six games...It almost looks ages ago and it was barely 730 days ago.

While we've got our fair share of holes. While this is year one of a rebuilding project. We have to remember we finally have a football guy as GM. We finally have a HC not name Jauron.

Sure Jauron was a moron....but his team also started 5-1 just 2 years ago. Let us wait for Gailey to win some games before calling him the savior. I love what he has done and the mental toughness he has built. It is time to see if it applies in game time situations. The bills under Jauron failed on game day, making many mental errors, gaffes that ultimately cost them the game.

Sure Jauron was a moron....but his team also started 5-1 just 2 years ago. Let us wait for Gailey to win some games before calling him the savior. I love what he has done and the mental toughness he has built. It is time to see if it applies in game time situations. The bills under Jauron failed on game day, making many mental errors, gaffes that ultimately cost them the game.

You're absolutely right. Nothing matters until the games count. But i feel a whole lot better going into this season than I have in I don't know how long. GO BILLS!

For the first time in about 5 years the team actually seems to be facing the right direction. I think Chan will be good for the team and I am looking forward to a coach who actually shows emotion. Of course if the lines doesn't open lanes for Spiller and TE turns back into Cpt. Checkdown we will all be singing a different tune on Monday.