Why Arizona and not Missouri?

3rdnlng

I don't know.. It is military, DoD... I don't ask them... They give it, I will take it. Get 7.5% for afternoons and 10% diff for midnights too.

Shift work syndrome, I guess... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great justifications. No wonder this country is in so much debt. Pay them 25% more for Sunday work. Why? I dunno, it's just what we do. :wallbash:

Great justifications. No wonder this country is in so much debt. Pay them 25% more for Sunday work. Why? I dunno, it's just what we do. :wallbash:

Okay... I tried to be nice.

Look at it like "hazard pay." Swing shift work has been proven to be hazardous to one's health. Hey, I didn't do the research... It is the least they can do to compensate for the hazard to one's health. Notice I said "swing shift." Anyway the extra pay is not a new concept... How many years have they been doing this? You are such a dolt Chef. I can see your point if somebdody was on a generally set schedule... But swinging one's shift from week to week can cause all kinds of problems, again it is the least they can do. It is not just about "Sunday." It is about the whole schedule and one's health. I got it a bit easier because I work 3 weeks of days then go to a week of afternoons and then a week of midnights... About a 6 week rotation... But some swing their schedule every week going from days to afternoons to midnights. The health hazard is having no sembalance of a normal consistent sleep pattern. Actually swing shift has been researched to show that ones that work it have a higher incidence of cancer and other problems. Shift work sleep disorder has been researched to be considered a circadian rhythm sleep disorder. Again, at least they are compensating for this added on the job hazard

Okay... I tried to be nice.

Look at it like "hazard pay." Swing shift work has been proven to be hazardous to one's health. Hey, I didn't do the research... It is the least they can do to compensate for the hazard to one's health. Notice I said "swing shift." Anyway the extra pay is not a new concept... How many years have they been doing this? You are such a dolt Chef. I can see your point if somebdody was on a generally set schedule... But swinging one's shift from week to week can cause all kinds of problems, again it is the least they can do. It is not just about "Sunday." It is about the whole schedule and one's health. I got it a bit easier because I work 3 weeks of days then go to a week of afternoons and then a week of midnights... About a 6 week rotation... But some swing their schedule every week going from days to afternoons to midnights. The health hazard is having no sembalance of a normal consistent sleep pattern. Actually swing shift has been researched to show that ones that work it have a higher incidence of cancer and other problems. Shift work sleep disorder has been researched to be considered a circadian rhythm sleep disorder. Again, at least they are compensating for this added on the job hazard

Working Sunday is bad for your health? :w00t::worthy:

If working off hours was bad for your health I would have been dead a long time ago.

Working Sunday is bad for your health? :w00t::worthy:

If working off hours was bad for your health I would have been dead a long time ago.

Did you rotate every week? Or consistantly work set "bad hours"... How many years have you done it? 20, 25. 30 or more? Will you be here on the Wall at 0330 PDT?

Come talk to me when you have done it for more than more than 30 years of your life... Will you do it for another 20 years after that? That is rotate your sleep pattern weekly. For now, run along... We will talk when you get your number of years get up there... You really haven't even scratched the surface of rotating bad working hours in a life time.

Maybe I should be posting this at 0330 PDT, I would expect an answer in 20 minutes... Again, run along grasshopper!

You must think the clinical reasearch is wrong... You overestimate yourself.

Did you rotate every week? Or consistantly work set "bad hours"... How many years have you done it? 20, 25. 30 or more? Will you be here on the Wall at 0330 PDT?

Come talk to me when you have done it for more than more than 30 years of your life... Will you do it for another 20 years after that? That is rotate your sleep pattern weekly. For now, run along... We will talk when you get your number of years get up there... You really haven't even scratched the surface of rotating bad working hours in a life time.

Maybe I should be posting this at 0330 PDT, I would expect an answer in 20 minutes... Again, run along grasshopper!

You must think the clinical reasearch is wrong... You overestimate yourself.

Come see me when you've worked 12-14 hours without a break for three weeks straight. Worked 6 days a week 12-14 hours a day for 20 years. Come see me when you've worked 3 years without a vacation. Come see me when you have Monday off one week and Sunday off the next, then Wednesday off the next then no days off the next. Worked over 100 hours in a week. Slept in your car for a few hours then rolled back in. I took what they gave me and was happy to have it. 25% more for working Sunday....bwahahaha. But guess what I didn't complain when I did it and when I got tired of it I found something better and moved on. You have no ball and chain keeping you were you are. 25% pay for working a Sunday...that's !@#$ing rich. And you're telling me to run along. :worthy:

Come see me when you've worked 12-14 hours without a break for three weeks straight. Worked 6 days a week 12-14 hours a day for 20 years. Come see me when you've worked 3 years without a vacation. Come see me when you have Monday off one week and Sunday off the next, then Wednesday off the next then no days off the next. Worked over 100 hours in a week. Slept in your car for a few hours then rolled back in. I took what they gave me and was happy to have it. 25% more for working Sunday....bwahahaha. But guess what I didn't complain when I did it and when I got tired of it I found something better and moved on. You have no ball and chain keeping you were you are. 25% pay for working a Sunday...that's !@#$ing rich. And you're telling me to run along. :worthy:

Still that is nothing.

I agree Sunday is a perk... I do admit, it is nice considering the break in sleep rhythms. I would still work it without the perk given... But then again, my employer understands the burden and compensates correctly. Even better perk which was just overturned in court about 10 years ago is that we get Sunday diff even if you call in sick. :nana:

The part in red above is what I have been workig for alomst 20 years and will continue to work for the next 30... What should I see you about?... I do it now.

:unsure:

The thing is... You hated it and moved on... That is a sign of weakness. I will never get tired of it, because I am not weak. I actually love it, sure it is hard on the body. I will have it no other way. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining... I am just saying that I am sufficiently compensated for my work and dedication. They don't give out bonuses or awards where I work... So considering, the perks to compenstate for such a clustereff of a work schedule goes along way... That is all I am saying... At least my employer acknowledges it and compenstates for it. :beer: And by no means is this chump change breaking the bank... In fact my being there servicing the economy is actually bringing more money in.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Still that is nothing.

I agree Sunday is a perk... I do admit, it is nice considering the break in sleep rhythms. I would still work it without the perk given... But then again, my employer understands the burden and compensates correctly. Even better perk which was just overturned in court about 10 years ago is that we get Sunday diff even if you call in sick. :nana:

The part in red above is what I have been workig for alomst 20 years and will continue to work for the next 30... What should I see you about?... I do it now.

:unsure:

The thing is... You hated it and moved on... That is a sign of weakness. I will never get tired of it, because I am not weak. I actually love it, sure it is hard on the body. I will have it no other way. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining... I am just saying that I am sufficiently compensated for my work and dedication. They don't give out bonuses or awards where I work... So considering, the perks to compenstate for such a clustereff of a work schedule goes along way... That is all I am saying... At least my employer acknowledges it and compenstates for it. :beer: And by no means is this chump change breaking the bank... In fact my being there servicing the economy is actually bringing more money in.

So unless you're a drone that does the exact same mindless work for 30 plus years you're weak. I guess I'd rather be a weak leader making five times what I made before than a mindless drone. Enjoy your 25% Sunday payoff. :lol:

So unless you're a drone that does the exact same mindless work for 30 plus years you're weak. I guess I'd rather be a weak leader making five times what I made before than a mindless drone. Enjoy your 25% Sunday payoff. :lol:

Who says I don't lead? I don't do the same exact work... Remember I rotate, so there is always something different... It is not just locking boats and pushing buttons... That gets done between all other things and the internet! :D I was working days today and tore apart a solenoid on one of the hydraulic units (50 years old and going strong) and replaced it with a new one. Fish "screens" on the dam will be going in soon... They will also have to be maintained rountinely, they are about 1a 1/2 ton each and six of them stack on top of each other.

Lets stop this tomfoolery, I have to work at 0800 in the morning and it is almost midnight here... I don't want to keep you up all nigh with my insomnia. :P