More OL and LB moves

Anyone else wanting to see more action from the Bills FO to beef up the OL and LB?

I think our starters are OK - not all great but OK

It's looking mighty thin behind them though

One move to sign "project" at G and TE, is that it? Is that enough?

Nervous

It's Marginal but maybe that is who Buddy Nix is.

It's Marginal but maybe that is who Buddy Nix is.

Just because someone is released doesn't automatically make them instant starters on this team. Agreed that Green is a below average RT at this point and an upgrade would be welcome. But it is too late for these scrubs being released by other teams to become instant starters on our OL. I would rather have someone who has been in the system for the past six months who is similar in quality over these FA.

The biggest surprise has been the inability of Meredith to overtake Green as the starting RT. Probably having to play LT during the camp for covering Bell did not help Meredith's cause.

Anyone else wanting to see more action from the Bills FO to beef up the OL and LB?

Nervous

Who, exactly, are these titans of football you want to be signed?

OG and TE were exactly all i expected, as we had no backups. meredith and wang are the backup OT's, and i doubt they are going anywhere... and there is no room for more. i suppose cutting Meredith is a possibility, but doubt there's anyone they like that much that they'd replace someone who's been through the offseason with them and knows the playbook.

LB? not only who do you want, but who do you get rid of? assuming you don't get rid of the starters at this point, backups are Mitchell and Maybin (not going anywhere) and Special Teamers... Ellison, Moats and the like. i think they're done until the first injury.

Who, exactly, are these titans of football you want to be signed?

Fair questions, along with the Q of who do you want to see go

Not looking for Titan of Football, just more/better depth

It's a valid point we don't want to toss someone else into the starting lineup right now.

Uncertain about Cordaro Howard as backup? :huh: Maybe he could swap for an improvement?

Who would I like to see? Depending on detailed evaluation and physical exam:

Justin Hartwig (Steelers)?

Adam Terry (Ravens - good OL)?

Rich Orhnberger (Pats)?

Nick Lacky (Saints - good OL)?

Evan Dietrich-Smith or Breno Giocomini (Packers - good OL)?

Basically, looking for players cut by teams with strong OL. Maybe not so bad player couldn't make team.

Maybe Bills have evaluated all and found wanting. Kinda hard to believe UDFA is really best we can do as backup OL? :cry:

Kinda wondering if McKelvin might have trade value to a corner-poor team for a decent LB or OL?

Maybe the wisdom here is right and we don't have room or can't do better

Nervous

I get it, your name is one of those sarcastic nicknames like a 300 pound man named Tiny, neat.

Hartwig can't be all that great if he started 16 games last year and then was cut after failed attempts to trade him. Yeah sounds like the entire NFL was chomping at the bit to get him.

Hangartner will be just fine this year as he was pretty good last year for having 2 rookie starters playing new offensive line positions. Plus Wood looks like he is being groomed to be the center for the future so lets just stand pat and see how things go. If the line starts looking like a WWII triage again, then you go after a guy like Hartwig or Terry.

I get it, your name is one of those sarcastic nicknames like a 300 pound man named Tiny, neat.

Hartwig can't be all that great if he started 16 games last year and then was cut after failed attempts to trade him. Yeah sounds like the entire NFL was chomping at the bit to get him.

Hangartner will be just fine this year as he was pretty good last year for having 2 rookie starters playing new offensive line positions. Plus Wood looks like he is being groomed to be the center for the future so lets just stand pat and see how things go. If the line starts looking like a WWII triage again, then you go after a guy like Hartwig or Terry.

*blink* A fan can't be hopeful, think that improvement from last year is likely, and still see areas where we'd like the team to improve? *blink*

Nothing against Hangartner or the starters. I hope you're right that he's fine this year.

IMO, our backup G-C situation is weak.

Maybe Hartwig is not the answer

Maybe Howard has big +++ on Special Teams so we keep him even though it looks like perhaps more accomplished linemen are available.

Maybe our current 53 are better than any players available.

Or maybe not.