Favorite Bills-Dolphins games

tomdayfan

Wasn't around for the early classics but one of my all-time favorite games I've been to that I look back on was the 2002 blizzard game. Kelly was in the endzone hugging Peerless Price after one of his TDs, singing Let it Snow, and just sucking up the complete ecstasy that was the game.

3 Games that I was at stand out.

The Ricky Williams - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow game. Bledsoe was awesome that game.

That's one of my all-time favorites. Ricky was kicking the Bills ass...and then it started to come down. You could see defeat just roll over the faces of the Phins. It was beautiful and the crowd pounced right on it.

The game you mention is not the playoff game, but the regular season game...Both games were very enjoyable.

I was thinking of the Tasker short slants over the middle for large gains as runs, :oops: but the game I am referring to was in fact Shula's last playoff game.

Tindale had the 44 yd TD run and picked up ~20 more on 4 other carries.

Two games come to mind right now:

1991 Divisional playoff in the snow - Bills win 44-34 on the way to SB XXV

2002 regular season in the snow - Ricky Williams had almost 200 yards rushing, but Bledsoe hit a couple of long TD passes

Do you see a theme with these games?

2002 game was awesome and I recall another where, with Marino at QB, the Dolphins took several false start penalties in a row right at the end of the game because the crowd noise was deafening. They had first and goal and ended up at the bills 40 with the penalties and sacks. Does anyone remember what game I am talking about. It was a long time ago.

Edited by agardin

The Ricky Williams - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow game. Bledsoe was awesome that game.

The last playoff game that Shula coached when Tinsdale and Tasker had a couple of long runs.

But the one that had to stand out the most was Opening Day 1980.

Absolutely the 2002 snow game, my very FIRST game at the Ralph. My favorite Bledsoe game...loved when Jimbo was shown on the Jumbo-Tron waiving his towel!!!

My first game at the stadium was in 1980. A group of us from work got together and went. Buffalo vs. Miami. Buffalo hadn't won in 10 years (20 games). Buffalo won and the goal posts were torn down for the first time. The goal posts were torn down 2 more times. When Buffalo beat the Jets in 1988 to clinch the division in November 1988 and when we beat Miami in 1990 to advance as a wild card. I was at those games. But the best in my eyes w as the 1980 game.

The last playoff game that Shula coached when Tinsdale and Tasker had a couple of long runs.

But the one that had to stand out the most was Opening Day 1980.

Some great games but opening day 1980 has to be it. A decade of losing to the Phins, trying to be optimistic but doubting the unknown. Bills hung on, posts ripped down, the whole town went nuts. I was 10 and that was the first year in my life no one made fun of the Bills. "Nixon for President" "We're Talking Proud". Great stuff!

I was at the game when Buffalo won over Miami after ten yers (20 games). That had to be my greatest experiences. But I was also in "Rich Stadium" as I knew it for every time the goal posts were torn down. (1980 against Miami after 20 games, 1988 against the Jets clinch the division, against 1990 Miami to clinch the division). I also traveled to Florida for 2 Monday Night games (1991, 1992) and Kelly beat Marino. Everytime the goal post came down I was there but the best was when Buffalo beat Miami after 30 games.