Stadium Wall vs Buffalo News/

Webster Guy

I hate the dolphins more than any team in the league. Always have always will. Just looking at their stupid colors and mascot... I can't wait for Sunday. I couldn't even root for snowflake to be saved in Ace Ventura - that's how bad I hate the dolphins.

Good call on the Buffalo news - that's garbage.

A very large group of bills fans have pretty much had it with the Bills. They have been and are now run like a minor league baseball franchise and a very large group of loyal fans understand that now. But, they can't let go because, like me, this has been "my team" for whatever, 30-40years you grew up watching them, blah blah, and the interest will always be there, which just triples the pain. So, "hating the dolphins" is sort of stupid, when your team is not doing much to compete with them. The deck is stacked against the bills, and no amount of "dolphin hating" or "other team hating" is going to get us past the simple fact that the bills are a backwater franchise in a league that has largely passed it by and largely made it irrelevant.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very large group of bills fans have pretty much had it with the Bills. They have been and are now run like a minor league baseball franchise and a very large group of loyal fans understand that now. But, they can't let go because, like me, this has been "my team" for whatever, 30-40years you grew up watching them, blah blah, and the interest will always be there, which just triples the pain. So, "hating the dolphins" is sort of stupid, when your team is not doing much to compete with them. The deck is stacked against the bills, and no amount of "dolphin hating" or "other team hating" is going to get us past the simple fact that the bills are a backwater franchise in a league that has largely passed it by and largely made it irrelevant.

How pessimistic can you be? We have a new GM and a new HC who are on the same page and who both actually want to win and are doing what they can to do so. Granted, they can't do it over night and it will take a few seasons to build the team they are looking for. I can understand the pessimism from the last 10 years of futility, but why do you expect it from this new regime when you haven't even given them one regular season game to show what can be done?

Even your name, 8and8Forever just exudes pessimism. You might as well be 1and15Forever. You will probably give a standard issue statement such as "well they haven't shown anything yet". Well why not give them the opportunity to show something before bellowing all your gloom and doom.

If Jauron was still in place I could understand your sentiments, but this isn't Jauron ball anymore. This is the complete other extreme of the spectrum. Give Gailey a chance before spewing your pessimism.

Fair enough?

The people who have "had it" are gone and will stay gone until the Bills have returned to winning. You just don't stick around something you have a great disdain for, just to be mad at it, especially for this long. You can still watch the Bills and think they're going to be bad. I do. I think they're a 6 or 7 win team. But I'm not mad about it.

This whole pessimism thing and being "fed up" or whatever and radio and newspaper guys barking at the organization like lives are being lost over the team's record is ridiculous and frightening to witness. It's just a mean spirited reaction to something these people love because they don't really know a more constructive way to deal with their frustration.

I am totally convinced that anyone who has "had it" but sticks around a football team... a voluntary thing, a hobby, is someone who is lying to themselves about their own insanity.

This isn't a marriage, you're free to go if you don't appreciate what having a football team, good or bad, means to the Buffalo community.

The Bills/Phins rivalry is dead except fans who watched in the 80s/90s. All Jets and Phins fans I run into say the Jets/Phins rivalry is the big one, the Bills aren't even considered as they've been a non factor for 10 years.

I'm tired of fans criticizing columnists for writing negative articles on the Bills. They've sucked for 10 years, and deserve to have doom and gloom articles written about them. The only way that's going to change is if they win.

Guest dog14787

Best of luck in your future endeavors.....

Its true, awhile back when Tim Graham brought up the Michael Vick situation with T.O. it sparked an uproar,

There's a reason Tim Graham is one of the best, because he knows a good story and I some cases will even help make a good story by assisting it along.

It was pretty awesome hearing the details from Tim himself right here on this board. :thumbsup:

Edited by dog14787

I always considered you level headed, you're sounding more and more like another Bills hating writer. Just bashing them at every chance you get whether it makes sense or not. You are awfully disappointing. I actually enjoyed the debate until I read this post. Now you're just being biased no matter the content, and you are proving my entire point to the board. Thumbs down man.

What ????? :blink:

Your sarcasm is a weak attempt at salvaging a weak argument. This response is nothing but rhetoric and you know it. Let me go real slow for you John, you obviously have issues with paying attention. I never once said that the Bills were an organization to emulate, never. I have very clearly only been comparing the Bills and the Dolphins. Who have been given a biased pass on being better than the Bills over the last decade. I'm submitting they're not.

Just because little Johnnie got his feelings hurt doesn't mean he should take things off on other tangents. Don't convolve the topic or start making fun of me personally just because you can't handle someone having a different opinion than you. You're an angry little guy, there's nothing wrong with having a debate and not taking it so personal. And for a little while we were having a good debate.

Ya know what? I know John personally and he is not only an excellent writer....he is a wonderful person. He's not an "angry little guy", but after reading these posts I am becoming an "angry old woman", therefore, I am going to shut up....because you really don't wanna hear what I'd really like to say. :angry:

To Lori: It's clearly evident to me now. See you Sunday.

Ya know what? I know John personally and he is not only an excellent writer....he is a wonderful person. He's not an "angry little guy", but after reading these posts I am becoming an "angry old woman", therefore, I am going to shut up....because you really don't wanna hear what I'd really like to say. :angry:

:unsure: I hope we don't those the other first lady of football around here too...... Talk about seeing a bunch of animals eating their own.... in case anyone forgot, it's the home opener tomorrow..... against the Dolphins....without Jauron....... Lets Friggen GO Buffalo!!!! Kickoff is literally just over 24 hours away....everyone should focus on how awesome that is!!!!

Edited by 5 Wide

in case anyone forgot, it's the home opener tomorrow..... against the Dolphins....without Jauron....... Lets Friggen GO Buffalo!!!! Kickoff is literally just over 24 hours away....everyone should focus on how awesome that is!!!!

but we're not supposed to be pumped up for the game, I thought?!?!

:oops:

:w00t:

but we're not supposed to be pumped up for the game, I thought?!?!

:oops:

:w00t:

Nice job. It only took 8 pages to reel it all back in.

I really hope there is a Lori-breakdown of the game tomorrow morning. That would be a great loss if there wasn't.

sorry, i missed you at Hammers this morning. was there for about half-hour.

jw